new UNRULY CHILD album in October

TIM (2)

From Press Release:-

Resurrected melodic rockers UNRULY CHILD — featuring former KING KOBRA/SIGNAL vocalist Marcie Free (known before her sex-change operation as Mark Free) — have set "When Worlds Collide" as the title of their new album, due in October via Frontiers Records. All of the band's original members — Bruce Gowdy (guitar), Jay Schellen (drums), Guy Allison (keyboards) an Free — have come together to record the CD which is being tracked in Los Angeles under the direction of Gowdy.

According to a press release, "When Worlds Collide" will include eleven newly written songs which will bring back the glorious sound of the band's debut album with a "21st century flavor." It will be the first LP to feature the vocals of Free in more than a decade.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be awesome. I wonder if he/she/it is still going to have a similar voice? Also, is Marcie a lesbian? Will the songs on the CD be about a person's desire for intercourse with a female, or will she/he/it be singing as a woman, about the deep desire for a throbbing love pole?

This could be awesome. I wonder if he/she/it is still going to have a similar voice? Also, is Marcie a lesbian? Will the songs on the CD be about a person's desire for intercourse with a female, or will she/he/it be singing as a woman, about the deep desire for a throbbing love pole?

Expect the voice will be the same. Interesting picture that accompanied the press release, of the full band together. Marcie was clearly dressing more as a man than a woman, maybe to avoid controversy/comments. Instead it just looked odd. I was one of the first people to interview him/her after the sex-change for Frontiers magazine and he/she made it very clear that previous bandmates had all said they'd never work with him/her again, so is good to see they put all that behind them. Be great to hear new material from a massively talented vocalist, regardless of what's happened in his/her personal life....

Dude, it's not a new Steel Panther release. I'm sure good and creative song writers have a way around this dilemma.

Dude, it's not a new Steel Panther release. I'm sure good and creative song writers have a way around this dilemma.

:lol: Good answer, Dave ! :drink:

:lol: Good answer, Dave ! :drink:

Okay, obviously being hilarious isn't getting me anywhere. For those who missed it first time around, I was just wondering if the songs were going to be sung from a male's perspective or female's perspective? Eg. "I was so sad when she walked away so I cried and I wish she'd come back 'cause I'm really sad and hurt," or "I was so sad when he walked away so I cried and I wish he'd come back 'cause I'm really sad and hurt." :)

unrulychild-2010.jpg

That leaves me unsettled. Ugliest "female" on the planet? I think either yes, or at least a contender.

She can always sing "I was so sad when you walked away ...." :)

I'm sure they'll do that for the majority of the album, but there's always a few he/she songs in the mix. :)

Jesus is it me

Yeah it does look a bit like you. Decided to go with the blonde wig after all then?

Jesus is it me

Yeah it does look a bit like you. Decided to go with the blonde wig after all then?

Haha! Nicely played. But in answer to the original question; no, it's definitely not just you. It is an appalling picture.

On a similar note, I don't mean to be age-ist, but I have to admit recent band pictures are really bringing me down. Not all of them, I must say. But after recently picking up the new Giant CD that Bridimiglibiglio dude looks to be nudging 80 years old, surely? And Bert Heenrick? What's he, about 87? As long as the music's good I really don't care what they look like, but I do find it (using my word from above) unsettling to see these guys who are actually older than my dad on my CD covers. Or equally unsettling, a sheman just looking... well, unpleasant, to be frank.

Point is, if someone took a shot at the image of the bands these days I wouldn't even try for a moment to defend them. Back in the day I loved the look... but time has definitely taken it's toll on these guys.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love it. They both sound excellent (assuming final production will be nice and beefy). Marcie sounds in top form too. Colour me nude, then with an extra coat of pain, after taking in the view, paint me excited.

I dunno....it's sounds more like a SIGNAL album than an Unruly Child album. I hope there's a few harder tracks on the album too. But yes, it sounds like Mark Free does still have a good set of lungs on him.

• 3 weeks later...