LOST - "the end"

66 mustang

The first hour or so of the finale was great. The ending was poo.

Maybe it's just me, but I was hoping for something a little more "nuts and bolts" and not quite so metaphysical.

Overall, I still have to give this more thought but I generally liked it. It seems to be a fitting end to a great show.

I think if they gave all the "nuts and bolts" answers then they run the risk of not leaving the viewers any room to imagine, interpret and make up there own theories. However, I would have liked to have a little more guidance on creating my theory so yes, a few more "nuts and bolts" answers would have been nice.

No matter what your opinion on the ending is, anyone who was looking at Kate in that black dress and not thinking nasty thoughts...well you weren't watching what I was watching. Yummy.

No matter what your opinion on the ending is, anyone who was looking at Kate in that black dress and not thinking nasty thoughts...well you weren't watching what I was watching. Yummy.

:lol: I thought the same thing. Over the course of the show I got so used to seeing her running thru the jungle in a dirty t-shirt, with raggedy hair, covered in mud, etc., that I kinda forgot how fiiiiiiiiine Evangeline Lilly really is till they cleaned her up a little. :wub:

I thought most of the finale was very good but I agree with some of you would of prefered more of a real ending and not a religious experience type ending. I get it they were already dead and in purgatory trying to make their way to heaven or whatever. This had seemed to be the main theory all along so I was hoping that that wouldn't be what it actually was. It was nice to see everyone back together at the funural home but wondered why Michael and Walt wasn't there? Also was curious to why Ben didn't go inside? Was he not worthy to go to an after life? I will say that the fight with Locke and Jack was AWESOME and Kate showing up to save Jack was great as well. The scene between Jack and Hurley was just incredible IMO. I do think it would of been nice to have some of these characters have their "awakening" thoughout the season so there wouldn't be so many go through in the course of 30 minutes, that was a little overkill IMO.

only the flash sideways was purgatory, everything that happened on the Island, flashbacks and flash forwards was real. Michael was not redeamed and remains a whisper on the island forever. I'm not sure about Ben, I think he felt he still had more to do before he felt redemed enough to enter. I wonder how long after they escaped the Island this was. Jacks dad told him that some had died before him (all the ones that died on the island, John) and some died long after him. I just wonder how in the world did Desmond get Penny in there and why was Aaron still presented as an infant?

only the flash sideways was purgatory, everything that happened on the Island, flashbacks and flash forwards was real. Michael was not redeamed and remains a whisper on the island forever. I'm not sure about Ben, I think he felt he still had more to do before he felt redemed enough to enter. I wonder how long after they escaped the Island this was. Jacks dad told him that some had died before him (all the ones that died on the island, John) and some died long after him. I just wonder how in the world did Desmond get Penny in there and why was Aaron still presented as an infant?

Could Aaron have been actually killed on the island when Claire dissapeared in the jungle and that's why he was an infant?

It was great to see everyone reunited with their friends and loves, but as an explaination it sucked. How can you have a "whatever it means to you" ending in a series so full of theories, questions, clues and mysteries? To me that's just lazy writing, not some great statement. Kind of a waste of six years of my life.

However, I LOVED the Jimmy Kimmel special. I remember thinking after LOST ended that the only series that cold pull off a "just a dream" ending was NEWHART, and low and behold, guess who showed up in a skit! "You're not Emily!" LOL! The SURVIVIOR bit was great too, plus the kiss me/hit me montage. :)

My wife and I never missed an episode but still haven`t got a clue to what`s going on! :lol:

It all makes sense now!

So am I like the only person on the planet that neither ever saw a single episode of Lost, nor gave a damn?

No your not. I watched two or three and turned the garbage off, never to return :D

Could Aaron have been actually killed on the island when Claire dissapeared in the jungle and that's why he was an infant?

nope, Aaron was being cared for by Kate & Jack then just Kate in the flashforward (which are real) so that means that Aaron was thrown in as an infant because of lazy writing.

Now don't anyone get me wrong. it was a really good episode and ending. I'm just let down because they didn't explain some of the biggies in the series. I knew and didnt expect them to explain everything but please give us some answers.

So am I like the only person on the planet that neither ever saw a single episode of Lost, nor gave a damn?

No your not. I watched two or three and turned the garbage off, never to return :D

Like Jez, watched the first 3 or 4 episodes then gave it the flick.

Like Jez, watched the first 3 or 4 episodes then gave it the flick.

Your loss guys the thing got better and better as it progressed.

In general the last series was totally awesome in my book.

No one's mentioned it but I thought it was well clever that the whole thing started with Jack opening his eyes and ended with Jack closing his eyes....nice touch.

Cheers

ABC re-ran the "Lost" finale last night so the wife and I watched it again... and I actually think I enjoyed it more the second time around (the addition of the ever so helpful "pop up video" style factoids and info were a nice touch)

ABC re-ran the "Lost" finale last night so the wife and I watched it again... and I actually think I enjoyed it more the second time around (the addition of the ever so helpful "pop up video" style factoids and info were a nice touch)

Did the pop ups confirm any of the "theories" or give any more insight or answers?

I read that the alternate reality was a flash forward - an afterlife scenario where they all meet to move into 'heaven' together. Jack's father tells him 'this is a place you all created to meet up and leave'.

Basically everything on the island happened including deaths etc. Only the ones on the plane made it off. Ben and Hurley remained behind as the new 'jacob'.

Mr Echo, Walt and his father never appeared at the end as they did not redeem themselves in some way. Ben felt he needed more time before 'moving on'.

Not sure what happened to the dog ;-)

Cheers

the alternate afterlife was a flash-sideways. I would guess the dog lived happly ever after with Rose and Bernard on the island. And Walt was long gone off the island and living his life. I think you see this in a flashforward episode and he wanted NOTHING to do with his father (Michale) Walt wasn't that big of a character and was gone and did't really grow on anyone enough to have been "the most important people in your life" place.

the alternate afterlife was a flash-sideways. I would guess the dog lived happly ever after with Rose and Bernard on the island. And Walt was long gone off the island and living his life. I think you see this in a flashforward episode and he wanted NOTHING to do with his father (Michale) Walt wasn't that bid of a character and was gone and did't really grow on anyone enough to have been "the most important people in your life" place.

how could it be a flash sideways if they were all dead??

Kate, sawyer, miles etc were all escaping the island...presumably to live their lives out elsewhere.

Also Hurly says to ben 'you were a hell of a No 2'..........I assume looking back at their time on the island as the new Jacob.

Had to a flash forward surely??