LOST - "the end"

66 mustang

because everything in the flash-sideways was after they were dead. not all of them died at the same time so it can't be a flash-forward. Charlie still alive? no. Desomnd never knew Penny and was Whidmore's right hand man? no. Hurley having nothing but great luck and helping everyone? no. Jack having a son? no. Shannon alive in the future after being killed on the islnad? no. Locke being the real Locke, not the Man in Blck (smoke monster).Syad, Jun & Jin all died on the sub but yet they were shown to have a life in a flashforward? no What the flash-sideways was is what they kind of wished their life might have been. not 100% but kind of if things went different and stuff tham made them a little happy in their life. nothing in the flash-sideways was real. In previous seasons we have had flashbacks that were real. We had flash-forwards that were real and we had the island that was real. The whole time they were flashing sideways, it is showing what they imagine their life being while waiting in purgatory for all the others to show. We will assume that Hurley lived a very long time (he was just like Jacob) so how could Aaron still be an infant if it was a flashforward? Everything we seen this season off the island was not real but them after their death waiting to move on.

because everything in the flash-sideways was after they were dead. not all of them died at the same time so it can't be a flash-forward. Charlie still alive? no. Desomnd never knew Penny and was Whidmore's right hand man? no. Hurley having nothing but great luck and helping everyone? no. Jack having a son? no. Shannon alive in the future after being killed on the islnad? no. Locke being the real Locke, not the Man in Blck (smoke monster).Syad, Jun & Jin all died on the sub but yet they were shown to have a life in a flashforward? no What the flash-sideways was is what they kind of wished their life might have been. not 100% but kind of if things went different and stuff tham made them a little happy in their life. nothing in the flash-sideways was real. In previous seasons we have had flashbacks that were real. We had flash-forwards that were real and we had the island that was real. The whole time they were flashing sideways, it is showing what they imagine their life being while waiting in purgatory for all the others to show. We will assume that Hurley lived a very long time (he was just like Jacob) so how could Aaron still be an infant if it was a flashforward? Everything we seen this season off the island was not real but them after their death waiting to move on.

what i dont understand is why that woman didnt want Desmond to 'reveal' to the others in the flash sideways/forwards/upside down (or whatever it was lol!). was she wanting them to remain in purgatory??

ARGH! It's killing me not typing in this thread but the final 2 weeks of this aired while I was in Vanuatu, so I've got the last 2 episodes sitting on video somewhere... will get to them asap to join in discussions. :)

what i dont understand is why that woman didnt want Desmond to 'reveal' to the others in the flash sideways/forwards/upside down (or whatever it was lol!). was she wanting them to remain in purgatory??

She didn't want him to take her son with him....Daniel Faraday.....remember she asked him if he was going to take him away...

She didn't want him to take her son with him....Daniel Faraday.....remember she asked him if he was going to take him away...

yeah, rewatching it right now and that is the biggest and probably only reason she keeps saying it isn't time. I guess she wasn't ready to move on because she still had to atone for some stuff and was afraid that her son would move on with the losties and leave her.

ARGH! It's killing me not typing in this thread but the final 2 weeks of this aired while I was in Vanuatu, so I've got the last 2 episodes sitting on video somewhere... will get to them asap to join in discussions. :)

hope you haven't been reading.

hope you haven't been reading.

Nope, keeping my eyes well away from those posts.

the most moving parts of the ending (and by moving i mean tears) were Charlie and Clare and Sawyer/James and Juliet. and I guess the whole ending scene was pretty moving too.

I thought when Kate and Jack said goodbye was pretty sad too :-((

No matter what your opinion on the ending is, anyone who was looking at Kate in that black dress and not thinking nasty thoughts...well you weren't watching what I was watching. Yummy.

Just starting through this thread now and before I go any further I must back this statement with much heaviness. Wowser did she look good enough to devour.

Nice. Some good explanations there, guys. Thanks for clearing it up a bit-ish. You can say what you want about the ending but I don't think there was any way to conclude this show that would have pleased all. I thought it was pretty cool and about all we could realistically expect. Awesome effort by the casting team to get all those people back for the end.

The only thing I just cannot figure out at all was Jack's son, and Locke telling him he has no son. What was the whole situation with Jack's son? Was that part of the life he wished he had lived? But didn't? And if so, and Locke was a part of that life Jack wished he'd lived, why was Locke saying there was no son? Was this only said because he'd realised that alternate reality with the leg-fixing surgery was just a life that could have been, not what actually was? That whole scenario with Jack's son just puzzles the hell out of me.

And also Jack and Juliet, with Juliet being Jack's ex-wife and mother to the "son". But Juliet was also a resident on the island and then obviously Sawyer's lover for years. So in the reality of the island Juliet was not Jack's ex-wife? Or was she? Can someone explain the Jack/Juliet/Sawyer triangle to me? :lol:

• 2 months later...

Ok, not sure how long this will be up (it's been leaked illegally), but here is the 12 minute Lost DVD bonus "The New Man in Charge"

*WARNING: SPOILERS! - if you're planning on buying the DVD set you might want to skip this... although I'm not really sure why :crazy:

http://re1ease.net/tv-shows/lost/new-man-in-charge.html

A few answers to some series long questions, and a really cool final scene. :christmas:

Ok, not sure how long this will be up (it's been leaked illegally), but here is the 12 minute Lost DVD bonus "The New Man in Charge"

*WARNING: SPOILERS! - if you're planning on buying the DVD set you might want to skip this... although I'm not really sure why :crazy:

http://re1ease.net/tv-shows/lost/new-man-in-charge.html

A few answers to some series long questions, and a really cool final scene. :christmas:

God, just leaves you wanting more.

I hate that this programme has finished now :crying: