Bon Jovi reissues...

metalhead69

I don't think I've seen this posted yet, but I heard on the radio this morning that Bon Jovi is reissuing their whole catalog w/ bonus live tracks, new artwork & new liner notes. The live tracks will be from that specific albums tour which I think will be pretty cool. A friend of mine who owns a cd store in my area confirmed May 11th was the release date for these...The first 2 will definitely be on my top priority list!! :headbanger:

From melodicrock.com:

TEN CLASSIC BON JOVI ALBUMS PRESENTED AS SPECIAL EDITIONS FEATURING RARE RECORDINGS AS BONUS TRACKS:

On May 11, Bon Jovi will re-release their classic studio albums as Special Editions. Each of the band's first 10 albums-- Bon Jovi, 7800° Fahrenheit, Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Keep The Faith, These Days, Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day and Lost Highway– will feature the original studio album tracks plus era-specific live recordings included as bonus tracks.

The bonus live tracks include songs taken from sound checks and concerts held in venues from all over the world, ranging from 500 seat theatres to massive football stadiums. Many of the live versions are extended, including “Get Ready” (Bon Jovi), “In and Out Of Love” (7800° Fahrenheit), “Blood on Blood” (New Jersey), “Keep The Faith” (Keep The Faith), and a duet featuring Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland performing “Who Says You Can't Go Home” (Have A Nice Day) with the band.

This “Special Edition” collection will feature new packaging. Each CD will feature new artwork, including images from each period, and new liner notes documenting the band's success through each stage of their twenty-five year career. Exclusive soft-pack versions will also contain reproductions of laminated tour credentials.

Additionally, each “Special Edition” will provide fans with the ability to gain “backstage access” to The Bon Jovi Vaults — a website being created to offer exclusive virtual content, including photos, tour memorabilia and additional live audio tracks.

WebLinks: www.bonjovi.com.

From melodicrock.com:

TEN CLASSIC BON JOVI ALBUMS PRESENTED AS SPECIAL EDITIONS FEATURING RARE RECORDINGS AS BONUS TRACKS:

On May 11, Bon Jovi will re-release their classic studio albums as Special Editions. Each of the band's first 10 albums-- Bon Jovi, 7800° Fahrenheit, Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Keep The Faith, These Days, Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day and Lost Highway– will feature the original studio album tracks plus era-specific live recordings included as bonus tracks.

The bonus live tracks include songs taken from sound checks and concerts held in venues from all over the world, ranging from 500 seat theatres to massive football stadiums. Many of the live versions are extended, including “Get Ready” (Bon Jovi), “In and Out Of Love” (7800° Fahrenheit), “Blood on Blood” (New Jersey), “Keep The Faith” (Keep The Faith), and a duet featuring Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland performing “Who Says You Can't Go Home” (Have A Nice Day) with the band.

This “Special Edition” collection will feature new packaging. Each CD will feature new artwork, including images from each period, and new liner notes documenting the band's success through each stage of their twenty-five year career. Exclusive soft-pack versions will also contain reproductions of laminated tour credentials.

Additionally, each “Special Edition” will provide fans with the ability to gain “backstage access” to The Bon Jovi Vaults — a website being created to offer exclusive virtual content, including photos, tour memorabilia and additional live audio tracks.

WebLinks: www.bonjovi.com.

Thanks for posting that Wes...I hadn't had a chance to do much research on those yet...

here we go:

Track Listing

1. Runaway

2. Roulette

3. She Don’t Know Me

4. Shot Through the Heart

5. Love Lies

6. Breakout

7. Burning For Love

8. Come Back

9. Get Ready

10. Runaway [Live]

11. Roulette [Live]

12. Breakout [Live]

13. Get Ready [Live]

Track Listing

1. In and Out of Love

2. The Price of Love

3. Only Lonely

4. King of the Mountain

5. Silent Night

6. Tokyo Road

7. The Hardest Part is the Night

8. Always Run To You

9. (I Don’t Wanna Fall) To the Fire

10. Secret Dreams

11. In and Out of Love [Live]

12. Only Lonely [Live]

13. Tokyo Road [Live]

Track Listing

1. Let It Rock

2. You Give Love a Bad Name

3. Livin' On a Prayer

4. Social Disease

5. Wanted Dead or Alive

6. Raise Your Hands

7. Without Love

8. I’d Die For You

9. Never Say Goodbye

10. Wild In the Streets

11. You Give Love a Bad Name [Live]

12. Livin' On a Prayer [Live]

13. Wanted Dead or Alive [Acoustic] [Live][version]

Track Listing

1. Lay Your Hands On Me

2. Bad Medicine

3. Born To Be My Baby

4. Living In Sin

5. Blood On Blood

6. Homebound Train

7. Wild is the Wind

8. Ride Cowboy Ride

9. Stick To Your Guns

10. I'll Be There For You

11. 99 In the Shade

12. Love For Sale

13. Blood On Blood [Live]

14. I'll Be There For You [Live]

Track Listing

1. I Believe

2. Keep the Faith

3. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

4. In These Arms

5. Bed of Roses

6. If I Was Your Mother

7. Dry County

8. Woman In Love

9. Fear

10. I Want You

11. Blame It On the Love of Rock & Roll

12. Little Bit of Soul

13. Keep the Faith [Live]

14. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead [Live]

Track Listing

1. Hey God

2. Something For the Pain

3. This Ain't a Love Song

4. These Days

5. Lie To Me

6. Damned

7. My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms

8. (It's Hard) Letting You Go

9. Hearts Breaking Even

10. Something To Believe In

11. If That's What It Takes

12. Diamond Ring

13. This Ain't a Love Song [Live]

14. Diamond Ring [Live]

Track Listing

1. It’s My Life

2. Say It Isn’t So

3. Thank You For Loving Me

4. Two Story Town

5. Next 100 Years

6. Just Older

7. Mystery Train

8. Save the World

9. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars

10. She’s a Mystery

11. I Got the Girl

12. One Wild Night

13. It's My Life [Live]

14. Just Older [Live]

15. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars [Live]

Track Listing

1. Undivided

2. Everyday

3. The Distance

4. Joey

5. Misunderstood

6. All About Lovin’ You

7. Hook Me Up

8. Right Side of Wrong

9. Love Me Back To Life

10. You Had Me From Hello

11. Bounce

12. Open All Night

13. The Distance [Live]

14. Joey [Live]

15. Hook Me Up [Live]

16. Bounce [Live]

Track Listing

1. Have a Nice Day

2. I Want To Be Loved

3. Welcome To Wherever You Are

4. Who Says You Can’t Go Home

5. Last Man Standing

6. Bells of Freedom

7. Wildflower

8. Last Cigarette

9. I Am

10. Complicated

11. Novocaine

12. Story of My Life

13. Who Says You Can’t Go Home [Duet Version] [Version]

14. Have a Nice Day [Live]

15. Last Man Standing [Live]

16. Story of My Life [Live]

17. Who Says You Can’t Go Home [Live]

Track Listing

1. Lost Highway

2. Summertime

3. (You Want To) Make a Memory

4. Whole Lot of Leaving

5. We Got It Going On

6. Any Other Day

7. Seat Next To You

8. Everybody's Broken

9. Til We Ain't Strangers Anymore

10. The Last Night

11. One Step Closer

12. I Love This Town

13. Lost Highway [Live]

14. We Got It Going On [Live]

15. Any Other Day [Live]

16. I Love This Town [Live]

YES! I will definitely buy the entire Bon Jovi collection again for the bonus live tracks! Just like I'll rape a yak and raise our children together and win a million dollars and give it all to a church and cut off my own ass so I can eat it and then my penis so I can eat that too and then I'll only ever have sex with men ever again and poke my eyeballs out with sticks and replace them with burnt marshmallows.

YES! I will definitely buy the entire Bon Jovi collection again for the bonus live tracks! Just like I'll rape a yak and raise our children together and win a million dollars and give it all to a church and cut off my own ass so I can eat it and then my penis so I can eat that too and then I'll only ever have sex with men ever again and poke my eyeballs out with sticks and replace them with burnt marshmallows.

Backed. Problem is that a lot of Bon Jovi fans are completists, meaning they'll buy any old rubbish from this band (including the last 4 or 5 studio albums) so will no doubt snap these up - even though you can generally buy the albums themselves for £2-£3 from any bargain bin these days. Given the ludicrous ticket prices for their concerts I also guess there are a lot of fans who haven't seen them live so will want to snap these up again for those tracks. Even though they'll be shit.

The last lot of Remasters of the earlier stuff were fine, so apart from the live tracks, no need for these at all.

Replace all the cds again,i don't think so.Bring out a double cd with live and unrelased tracks and i might.

they did that in japan about 95/96. these 2 cd versions go for over $100 a pop though. i've gradually been trying to collect them all if i ever see em cheap.

No. Fucking. Way.

I just bought Crush, an album that ive had for years on CDR and never bothered replacing as its not particularly good....proud of the fact that i now own every Bon Jovi album (except One Wild Night) i added it to the collection...

This is shite, im interested in the new artwork/liner notes/packaging but the bonus tracks are just a way to make it look pretty by the looks of things!!! How bout New Jersey with Love Is War, Let's Make It Baby and Growing Up The Hard Way (or any of the better sounding unused recordings they have from that album!!!) as bonus tracks? Lindsay knows better than anyone that theres a bunch of great songs they never released and even if they are just in demo form....they'd still make more worthwhile bonus tracks (Megadeth and Blue Oyster Cult did it on their reissues!)

There were some great cuts from Slippery When Wet too....why not just release the stupid things already if they insist on reissuing their catalogue every 5-10 years!

Saying that, I will probably end up buying the first 4 albums at some point (when they too are in the bargain bin) just because theyre 4 of my favourite albums and the live cuts of Livin on a Prayer (87 MTV awards?), Wanted Dead or Alive (MTV acoustic set?) and Get Ready (85 Tokyo gig?) are pretty good if theyre the ones im thinking of.....then again, it'll probably be the same Blood and Blood that was on the 2cd version of crossroad (which I ofcourse bought that aswell -_- )

Also speaking as a non-completest, but I'd much rather my copies of classic albums didn't have additional live songs on the end. I.e, "Slippery..." is a classic album and it closes with a monster tune ("Wild in the Streets"). To add live songs just dilutes the classic nature of that album IMHO rather than finishing on a big high...

This is shite, im interested in the new artwork/liner notes/packaging but the bonus tracks are just a way to make it look pretty by the looks of things!!! How bout New Jersey with Love Is War, Let's Make It Baby and Growing Up The Hard Way (or any of the better sounding unused recordings they have from that album!!!) as bonus tracks? Lindsay knows better than anyone that theres a bunch of great songs they never released and even if they are just in demo form....they'd still make more worthwhile bonus tracks (Megadeth and Blue Oyster Cult did it on their reissues!)

There were some great cuts from Slippery When Wet too....why not just release the stupid things already if they insist on reissuing their catalogue every 5-10 years!

agreed. there are so many more unreleased tracks they could release if they were serious about this, rather than releasing the same stuff over and over again.

the classic example was with the live album where they said they went through the vaults to pull out all the best and rarest live tracks from thoruhgout their career. 90% were previously released as b-sides to other singles, with barely any unreleased stuff. that was a major disappointment.

similarly with the box set, they harldy touched material pre-95. it was all recorded in the last 10 years, even though there was plenty of better material from the vintage era. Eg, the hidden version of Livin On A Prayer on the final disc was from the demo sessions commonlu avaialble in bootleg circles. It wasn't perfect quality, but if the have that track in that quality, they must have all the other slippery demos from the same session in the same quality. fans would love that sorta stuff.

from memory i had about 700 verisons of keep the faith. another wont matter.

regular version, 2 cd version, 2 cd version japan, 2 cd japan remaster, 93 aussie gold signiture edition, 95 slip case aussie tour edition, 12 LP version, mexican version w/ 1 bonus track in spanish, JCV version with bonus dvd, remaster w/ cd rom component, regular version w/ autographed sleeve, japanese mini Lp version,... + the long box version (which i'm still chasing at a resonable price)

Yeahh, i liked the tracks on the boxset but when it was first announced the 13 year old fan of Slippery When Wet that i was expected it to be a bunch of kickass 80s rock tunes along the lines of the better part of crossroad....I even imagined it being in a black slipcase with the old skool Jovi logo on it.....so when it arrived it was the complete opposite of what i'd expected but i still liked the tunes...even still, they say that they 'never go back to the past' yet they released a boxset of 'old' recordings!! Why the aversion to the songs that they did in the 80s? I mean i know that Love is War and Lets Make It Baby were both officially released, but i want them on the album theyre supposed to be on!!! (Not as a B-Side or a bonus track on an album that came out 6 years later! And it was on the 2CD version at that, which i do not own -_-) this would be the perfect opportunity....

I still think they should re-record the old demos that never quite made it to the album production stage and re-release New Jersey as the 2 disc version that it was supposed to be....one of the songs that i thought would be awesome if it was ever finished was Stand Up, and Too Much Too Soon....i think they easily have 2 or 3 albums worth of kickass unreleased 80s material!

The last lot of Remasters of the earlier stuff were fine, so apart from the live tracks, no need for these at all.

:agree: I loved the remasters. No reason to get these.

I'm sure most of us "once upon a time 80's" Bon Jovi fans have already heard the live versions from the first four albums... much of their early stuff was bootlegged and readily available back in the day.

What they should have done (with Slippery, for instance) was release some of the demos they recorded with alternate lyrics, Richie singing lead vocals, etc. I Have a decent quality cassette tape of such recordings and it's a really fun listen... and when I play it for unsuspecting friends they're always like "What the **** is this?" There's a version of I'D DIE FOR YOU that is an entirely different song. IIRC correctly it's tiled "Operator," but you'd know it from chorus structure.

Also speaking as a non-completest, but I'd much rather my copies of classic albums didn't have additional live songs on the end. I.e, "Slippery..." is a classic album and it closes with a monster tune ("Wild in the Streets"). To add live songs just dilutes the classic nature of that album IMHO rather than finishing on a big high...

I could not possibly agree with that more.

I think I've touched on this before in some other thread, but I would take the studio album alone over the full studio album + bonus live tracks any single day of the week. I also truly believe it detracts from the quality and just means you have to eject the disc after the last studio track anyway. Waste of everyone's time.

Agreed, bonus live tracks at the end are shite. They just detract from how the CD was itended/created. That said I love reissues that are 2CDs with the 1st CD being the original CD and the 2nd being the extra stuff, b-sides, from the vault, live, whatever.

Bon Jovi already re-released these in Japan 12 fkn years ago.... why can't we get those versions????? These are all going for around US$100 on Ebay

Bon Jovi [PHCR-90011/2]

CD ONE

1. Runaway

2. Roulette

3. She Don't Know Me

4. Shot Through The Heart

5. Love Lies

6. Breakout

7. Burning For Love

8. Come Back

9. Get Ready

CD TWO

1. Runaway - live at Le Zenith, 1988

2. Roulette - BBC Friday Rock Show

3. Shot Through The Heart - Japan Tour 1985

4. Burning For Love - Japan Tour 1985

5. Get Ready - Japan Tour 1985

6. Breakout - Super Rock '84

7. Runaway - Super Rock '84

7800° Fahrenheit [PHCR-90013/4]

CD ONE

1. In And Out Of Love

2. Price Of Love

3. Only Lonely

4. King Of The Mountain

5. Silent Night

6. Tokyo Road

7. Hardest Part Is The Night

8. Always Run To You

9. To The Fire

10. Secret Dreams

CD TWO

1. Tokyo Road - Japan tour 1985

2. In And Out Of Love - Japan tour 1985

3. The Hardest Part Is The Night - Japan tour 1985

4. Silent Night - Japan tour 1985

5. Only Lonely - Japan tour 1985

6. Tokyo Road - Rio De Janeiro 1990

Slippery When Wet [PHCR-90015/6]

CD ONE

1. Let It Rock

2. You Give Love A Bad Name

3. Livin' On A Prayer

4. Social Disease

5. Wanted Dead Or Alive

6. Raise Your Hands

7. Without Love

8. I'd Die For You

9. Never Say Goodbye

10. Wild In The Streets

CD TWO

1. Wanted Dead Or Alive - Wembley 1995

2. Livin' On A Prayer - USA 1987

3. You Give Love A Bad Name - USA 1987

4. Wild In The Streets - Wembley 1995

5. Borderline - Studio Outtake

6. Edge Of Broken Heart - Studio Outtake

7. Never Say Goodbye - Live Acoustic Version

New Jersey [PHCR-90017/8]

CD ONE

1. Lay Your Hands On Me

2. Bad Medicine

3. Born To Be My Baby

4. Living In Sin

5. Blood On Blood

6. Homebound Train

7. Wild Is The Wind

8. Ride Cowboy Ride

9. Stick To Your Guns

10. I'll Be There For You

11. 99 In The Shade

12. Love For Sale

CD TWO

1. Bad Medicine - Wembley 1988

2. Bad Medicine - New Jersey, Keep The Faith Tour

3. Blood On Blood - Wembley 1988

4. Born To Be My Baby - Acoustic Version

5. I'll Be There For You - Lakeland 1989

6. Lay Your Hands On Me - Giants Stadium 1989

7. Love Is The War - Studio Outtake

Keep The Faith [PHCR-90019/20]

DISC ONE

1. I Believe

2. Keep The Faith

3. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

4. In These Arms

5. Bed Of Roses

6. If I Was Your Mother

7. Dry Country

8. Woman In Love

9. Fear

10. I Want You

11. Blame It On The Love Of Rock & Roll

DISC TWO

1. Keep The Faith - Count Basie Theatre 1992

2. In These Arms - Count Basie Theatre 1992

3. I Believe - Count Basie Theatre 1992

4. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead - Milton Keynes 1993

5. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead - Wembley 1995

6. Bed Of Roses - Acoustic Version

7. Cama De Rosas - Bed Of Roses Spanish Version

8. Save A Prayer - Bonus Track For Japan

9. Starting All Over Again - Bonus Track For Japan

Cross Road [PHCR-90021/2]

CD ONE

1. Livin' on a prayer

2. Keep the faith

3. Someday I'll be Saturday night

4. Always

5. Wanted dead or alive

6. Lay your hands on me

7. You give love a bad name

8. Bed of roses

9. Blaze of glory

10. In these arms

11. Bad medicine

12. I'll be there for you

13. In and out of love

14. Runaway

15. Never say goodbye

CD TWO

1. Always - St.Basie Theater 1992

2. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night - Fox Theater 1994

3. With A Little Help From My Friends - St.Basie Theater 1992

4. Good Guys Don't Always Wear White - Studio Outtake

5. Blaze Of Glory - Count Basie Theater 1992

6. Stranger In This Town - Count Basie Theater 1993

These Days [PHCR-90023/4]

CD ONE

1. Hey God

2. Something For The Pain

3. This Ain't A Love Song

4. These Days

5. Lie To Me

6. Damned

7. My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms

8. It's Hard Letting You Go

9. Hearts Breaking Even

10. Something To Believe In

11. If That's What It Takes

12. Diamond Ring

13. Bitter Wine

CD TWO

1. This Ain't A Love Song - Wembley 1995

2. Hey God - Johannesburg 1995

3. These Days - Johannesburg 1995

4. Something for The Pain - Miami Arena 1995

5. (It's Hard) Letting Go - Johannesburg 1995

6. Rocking In The Free World - Johannesburg 1995

7. 634-5789 - Studio Outtake

8. All I Want Is Everything - Bonus Track for Japan

9. Bitter Wine - Bonus Track for Japan

yes, they were the versions i was referring to previosuly. I have about 3/4 of those.... still chasing a couple.

I haven't paid anwhere near the usual $100-120 asking price, with a bit of searching leading to all mine being purchased in the $20-$70 range. The best pick up was the SWW 2cd version for only $20

I could not possibly agree with that more.

I think I've touched on this before in some other thread, but I would take the studio album alone over the full studio album + bonus live tracks any single day of the week. I also truly believe it detracts from the quality and just means you have to eject the disc after the last studio track anyway. Waste of everyone's time.

Amen

Hey Glam, I am still trying to collect some JPN versions of my favourite CDs. Have you got any pointers? Jap retailers? Used retailers? Trading forum you can share to help me out? Cheers.