Bret Michaels rushed to hospital

66 mustang

The "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant was rushed to an emergency room in San Antonio, Texas [where he was scheduled to do a concert] on April 11 after suffering from severe stomach pains. Turns out that Michaels had an acute appendicitis and underwent emergency surgery at 1 AM.

"If I had gone onstage like I wanted to, it likely would have ruptured and I could have died," the singer wrote on his Fancast blog.

Michaels, who also suffers from Type 1 diabetes, is currently recovering at an undisclosed treatment facility that specializes in the treatment of patients with diabetes.

"I don't know how much longer I will be under medical supervision. I've spoken to several doctors and they all seem to be impressed with the condition I have been able to keep myself in as a juvenile diabetic. But a lot of extra care needs to be taken to make sure my body heals correctly," said Michaels.

Bret says it may be four to six weeks before he's up and about, but being a diabetic it could be longer.

Read more: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2010/04/bret_michaels_emergency_surgery.php#ixzz0lVW82TxZ

Does that mean the next season of Rock of Love will be delayed? lol

Best wishes to Bret for a speedy recovery. I know diabetes makes things so much more difficult to hear properly, but as good as he tries to take care of himself, hopefully that'll help.

He's on 'The Apprentice' too? Really? Why? Anyway, all the best for a speedy recovery and all that, but for f*ck's sake dude, please stop with all this nonsense and record a new Poison CD! :lol:

Forgive my lack of sympathy, but the guy had appendicitis. Big fucking deal. The "surgery" was presumably to take his appendix out? Hardly serious these days, and not something that a billion others havent suffered from (including me, last year). It's painful, sure, but no worse than say a hard kick in the stomach (something I'd like to do to this loser). Diabetes can make the recovery slower and can add complications, but he's a fit guy and still pretty young so no reason for him not to live a full life. Though someone ought to tell him that singing makes his condition worse, in the vain hope that he will just stop.

Though someone ought to tell him that singing makes his condition worse, in the vain hope that he will just stop.

:lol: I will add nothing to that statement.

He's on 'The Apprentice' too? Really? Why? Anyway, all the best for a speedy recovery and all that, but for f*ck's sake dude, please stop with all this nonsense and record a new Poison CD! :lol:

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! Someone find him some more TV work, quick!

Wow ! Not many Brett Michaels fans on this site, it seems ... :tumbsup:

Does he actually have any fans besides Geoff ? ;)

Well, there's Geoff and about a million aging floozies, and kids who don't know any better and think because he's everywhere, he must've been good.

I must've liked Poison at least a little bit as a kid, but never owned any of their albums. But as time goes by, I've grown to hate the band, and particularly Bret, more and more.

And he's already milking it for all the sympathy he can. Just saw a quote on Bravewords: "If I had gone out onstage like I wanted to, I could have died!" Drama queen!

How about a live pay per view appendicitis operation, with a non lubricated barbed wire glove and blunt scalpel,if he wants the TV exposure that much. Or how about a show starring Brett & CC, dodging high speed trains! In fact, put the whole band on the show for even more laughs per minute. ;)

No shit, I'd go for that in a big way! You see where Cowboy Bret is opening for Skynyrd this summer? I was almost hoping he would be on teh bill when Skynyrd play the state fair in my area, just so I could sped his entire set howling abuse at the stage ... but he's not. Oh well!

In addition to being a talentless clown, the guy is blissfully free of any self-awareness.

No shit, I'd go for that in a big way! You see where Cowboy Bret is opening for Skynyrd this summer? I was almost hoping he would be on teh bill when Skynyrd play the state fair in my area, just so I could sped his entire set howling abuse at the stage ... but he's not. Oh well!

In addition to being a talentless clown, the guy is blissfully free of any self-awareness.

Oyyyyyyyy fuckin a ......

Just read this.

Wow! 2010 has been pretty horrible for Bret thus far. I wish him a full recovery and a return to normalcy in his life, regardless of whether he can make music/tour anymore. He's still got loved ones who need him around. It's amazing how quick lives can change.

Best wishes and good luck Bret.

Damn, that boy is having a rough couple of weeks.

Tough crowd, tough crowd.

I liked Poison back in the day. Their later releases didn't do anything for me though.

As for Bret, well I saw parts of Season 1 of Rock Of Love. Mrs. Jeff thought he was an "idiot". Other than that I don't hear much about him so he doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Here's to a speedy recovery Bret.

All other reports are saying that the TMZ report is totally wrong, and he is still critical, with the diabtes making things worse.

I admit to just believing what I read about the stabalised condition, but to be honest I didn't think a recovery from a "major brain hemmorhage" would be that instant and easy. Either way, I can only wish him all the best.

From reading other reports, some are now quoting the TMZ report, which makes things all a little bit up in the air.

The fact that TMZ's source is apparently the winner of Rock of love, is what makes the TMZ report have less validity in my opinion, sadly.

http://news-briefs.e...ficial-website/

Apr 25 2010 01:00 PM EST

UPDATE: Bret Michaels still in critical condition, according to his official website

Bret-Michaels-hospital_240.jpg

UPDATE (4/25): Bret Michaels official website posted a new message on Sunday: "Everyone at Michaels Entertainment would like to thank all fans and friends for their continued thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

At this point Bret remains in ICU in critical condition. He is under 24 hour doctors' care and supervision. We are hopeful that further tests will locate the source of the bleeding, which has still not been located. As we all know Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness, etc. will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal.

More information will be posted as it becomes available."

this seems pretty serious. if he hadn't done all this reality tv crap he still would have been taken a bit more serious. I still think the guy is a talent when he wants to be. Poison had some really good songs and I know for some strange reason, people that feel this way are not in the majority around here, although this site is packed full of bands that get praise heaped on them that were just like Poison, just not as successful.

all the best to Bret