Bret Michaels rushed to hospital

66 mustang

this site is packed full of bands that get praise heaped on them that were just like Poison, just not as successful.

Amen to that.

I would even go as far as to say there are bands on here that get praised to the hilt, that are a lot worse as well.

Grabbed this from Blabbermouth and I'd forgotten about the Tony Awards thing:

Donald Trump tells TMZ.com that POISON singer Bret Michaels is in "big, big trouble and the prognosis is not great."

Michaels is a contestant on this season's "Celebrity Apprentice" and, ironically, Trump says Michaels' scrappiness is the best thing he has going for him.

As Trump put it, "He turns out to be an amazing competitor and ultimately that is the thing that could save his life."

Trump, who is in touch with people in the hospital where Michaels remains in critical condition, thinks Michaels' fall on stage at the Tony Awards in 2009 (see video below) — where he hit his head — may have something to do with the recent turn of events, although this has not yet been confirmed by any of Michaels' representatives.

I wish people would stop giving their 2 bit opinions on what they think they know is going on. They don't. I've read bullshit stories about Bret "laughing and joking that he can't sit up straight" and "he's doing well, he's in great spirits and he can't wait to get out there and work again." It's pathetic how people want so badly to be on the inside that they make shit up to look important. I have no idea how far along his prognosis is and it's none of my business at this point. I've asked about the girls and Kristi and they're doing as well as can be expected. When they think the world needs to know about their father / partner either Janna Elias or Pete Evick will send a press release or note out to the world at large.

NOW ... for anyone attacking him PERSONALLY based on a role the man plays you're fucked in the head. You don't know the man and I'm guessing you've never actually been within 100 feet of him. Slam his voice, his looks, his bandanna / hair, Poison, whatever - that's fair game and some of it is even funny. However, to attack his person, to say that he's "blissfully unaware" or to knock his parental skills, you are way off base. You've never seen him with his family, I have. You've never seen him play with his daughters, I have. Both girls are very, very bright and worldly (10 year old Raine is frighteningly smart). What you saw on "Rock Of Love" is Bret playing a role. A role that much of America and the world loves to see him play - a self absorbed "star" who gets what he wants when he wants it and feels no need to give anything in return. It's a role. When the hotel door closes with Bret and one of the girls inside the next words uttered by the director are often "CUT!" and they move on. Maybe not everytime but that's not what the public wants to know about. He doesn't treat girls like shit. In fact, he has VERY STRICT rules regarding females being backstage and visiting his home.

Bret is a very smart businessman. He has taken a very limited vocal range and sold millions and millions of albums worldwide with that business sense. 4 or 5 years ago (can't remember exactly) he was bitching about not being in the media enough and working out a way to change that. Shortly after he was the star of the highest rated show ever on VH1 - only to be beaten out by the second season of his own show. Shortly after THAT he was everywhere and getting more popular as the months went by (although a bit overexposed in many people's opinion). He's driven, not an asshole. If you watch The Apprentice, THAT'S him. A little bit off center in his way of thinking, always trying to be creative instead of using the obvious tools to make something happen. He's goofy and a dork, self depricating and a complete professional. He pisses me off sometimes when he fucks up my schedule but that's my problem, I guess. And that doesn't really happen much anymore anyway so I'm over it.

Anyway, the point of this is simple - STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT THE GUY ALREADY.

Back to your fun .... :)

Grabbed this from Blabbermouth and I'd forgotten about the Tony Awards thing:

Donald Trump tells TMZ.com that POISON singer Bret Michaels is in "big, big trouble and the prognosis is not great."

Michaels is a contestant on this season's "Celebrity Apprentice" and, ironically, Trump says Michaels' scrappiness is the best thing he has going for him.

As Trump put it, "He turns out to be an amazing competitor and ultimately that is the thing that could save his life."

Trump, who is in touch with people in the hospital where Michaels remains in critical condition, thinks Michaels' fall on stage at the Tony Awards in 2009 (see video below) — where he hit his head — may have something to do with the recent turn of events, although this has not yet been confirmed by any of Michaels' representatives.

Donald Trump, 'You're Fired!'... and so is the squirrel on your head.

I wish people would stop giving their 2 bit opinions on what they think they know is going on. They don't. I've read bullshit stories about Bret "laughing and joking that he can't sit up straight" and "he's doing well, he's in great spirits and he can't wait to get out there and work again." It's pathetic how people want so badly to be on the inside that they make shit up to look important. I have no idea how far along his prognosis is and it's none of my business at this point. I've asked about the girls and Kristi and they're doing as well as can be expected. When they think the world needs to know about their father / partner either Janna Elias or Pete Evick will send a press release or note out to the world at large.

NOW ... for anyone attacking him PERSONALLY based on a role the man plays you're fucked in the head. You don't know the man and I'm guessing you've never actually been within 100 feet of him. Slam his voice, his looks, his bandanna / hair, Poison, whatever - that's fair game and some of it is even funny. However, to attack his person, to say that he's "blissfully unaware" or to knock his parental skills, you are way off base. You've never seen him with his family, I have. You've never seen him play with his daughters, I have. Both girls are very, very bright and worldly (10 year old Raine is frighteningly smart). What you saw on "Rock Of Love" is Bret playing a role. A role that much of America and the world loves to see him play - a self absorbed "star" who gets what he wants when he wants it and feels no need to give anything in return. It's a role. When the hotel door closes with Bret and one of the girls inside the next words uttered by the director are often "CUT!" and they move on. Maybe not everytime but that's not what the public wants to know about. He doesn't treat girls like shit. In fact, he has VERY STRICT rules regarding females being backstage and visiting his home.

Bret is a very smart businessman. He has taken a very limited vocal range and sold millions and millions of albums worldwide with that business sense. 4 or 5 years ago (can't remember exactly) he was bitching about not being in the media enough and working out a way to change that. Shortly after he was the star of the highest rated show ever on VH1 - only to be beaten out by the second season of his own show. Shortly after THAT he was everywhere and getting more popular as the months went by (although a bit overexposed in many people's opinion). He's driven, not an asshole. If you watch The Apprentice, THAT'S him. A little bit off center in his way of thinking, always trying to be creative instead of using the obvious tools to make something happen. He's goofy and a dork, self depricating and a complete professional. He pisses me off sometimes when he fucks up my schedule but that's my problem, I guess. And that doesn't really happen much anymore anyway so I'm over it.

Anyway, the point of this is simple - STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT THE GUY ALREADY.

Back to your fun .... :)

Very well said brother...sometimes we're too busy dwelling on the NOT so important things about someone (hair/bandanna/reality show) & don't focus on the things that really matter (being a father/son/partner). Bret might not have the greatest voice or maybe Poison wasn't your cup of tea (I can think of some worse bands) & "Rock of Love" was sometimes hard to watch but you know what? WHO CARES?? This is a guy fighting for his life & he is a member of the genre that we all love & respect so let's give him a little of the same...

• 4 weeks later...

Bret Michaels Hospitalized for Stroke, Hole in Heart

2 hours ago | E! Online - Movies and Television

Yesterday we watched Bret Michaels make a triumphant TV comeback on Oprah. Today, we're sending good thoughts his way. The rocker, who recovered from a near-fatal brain hemorrhage a month ago, is back in the hospital after suffering a "warning stroke," according to a statement posted on his website.

Damn. That boy is having a helluva bad year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BTW, could one of you mods fix my little typo and remove the extra t off of Bret's name?

LOS ANGELES

Indiana police found marijuana and other unidentified controlled substances on rocker Bret Michaels’ tour buses, The Fort Wayne News-Sentinel reported Friday.

Two tour buses, one of which carried the rock star, were pulled over in DeKalb County, northeast Indiana, before midnight local time Wednesday.

Police stopped the caravan because a trailer connected to one of the buses did not have a license plate light.

SLIDESHOW: Bret Michaels' Rock Star Career

Officers launched a drug search on the first bus after narcotics-detection dogs reportedly began acting strangely, The DeKalb Star reported.

Police then searched the second bus, where Michaels was a passenger, and also found illegal drugs. The veteran rocker was reportedly very cooperative in allowing the searches.

Police made no arrests but charges have been forwarded to the DeKalb County Prosecutor's Office. Both buses were allowed to continued.

Michaels, former frontman of rock band Poison and the 2010 winner of the “Celebrity Apprentice 3,” is currently on his “Roses & Thorns” tour in the U.S.

The 47-year-old recently overcame a brain aneurysm and a “warning stroke” earlier in 2010.

BTW, could one of you mods fix my little typo and remove the extra t off of Bret's name?

LOS ANGELES

Indiana police found marijuana and other unidentified controlled substances on rocker Bret Michaels tour buses, The Fort Wayne News-Sentinel reported Friday.

Two tour buses, one of which carried the rock star, were pulled over in DeKalb County, northeast Indiana, before midnight local time Wednesday.

Police stopped the caravan because a trailer connected to one of the buses did not have a license plate light.

SLIDESHOW: Bret Michaels' Rock Star Career

Officers launched a drug search on the first bus after narcotics-detection dogs reportedly began acting strangely, The DeKalb Star reported.

Police then searched the second bus, where Michaels was a passenger, and also found illegal drugs. The veteran rocker was reportedly very cooperative in allowing the searches.

Police made no arrests but charges have been forwarded to the DeKalb County Prosecutor's Office. Both buses were allowed to continued.

Michaels, former frontman of rock band Poison and the 2010 winner of the Celebrity Apprentice 3, is currently on his Roses & Thorns tour in the U.S.

The 47-year-old recently overcame a brain aneurysm and a warning stroke earlier in 2010.

"A, yeah, thats for medicinal purposes. I have a perscription here somewhere..."