Nirvana - Nevermind

Never mind?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only Nirvana album I owned was Bleach, still do in fact. But I reckon this band stinks, the number of horrible sounding songs they wrote far far far outnumbers the few decent ones they had.

There were only a few decent grunge bands worth listening to and Nirvana was one of them but they were in no way a classic band with classic releases....as with others here my interests turned to heavy/thrash/melodic death metal at this time....

Nevermind is ok, but i still think "Alice in Chains" were a far better band!

Backed. Funny you should mention this because in my mind I don't even consider AIC a grunge band...They were way to heavy & talented IMO to be lumped into that category... :headbanger:

Fuckin' pile of steaming dog shit !!!!!!!

Nevermind is ok, but i still think "Alice in Chains" were a far better band!

Backed. Funny you should mention this because in my mind I don't even consider AIC a grunge band...They were way to heavy & talented IMO to be lumped into that category... :headbanger:

:agree:

I got this album when I first started getting into music as I always liked Come As You Are (and I still like it). Overall, it's a pretty good album. Alice In Chains is a much better band however and In Utero has one of the worst songs I've ever heard (Rape Me). Grunge is like Britpop for me in that there are some great songs bundled with a load of rubbish and most of the grunge albums to which I've listened have had at least one or two good songs on it. Metal and rock music usually has mostly good songs on every album I hear which is why it's my preferred genre.

One of the worst things is when bands like Dokken and Warrant attempt to do alternative/grunge music. Simply horrible.

One of the worst things is when bands like Dokken and Warrant attempt to do alternative/grunge music. Simply horrible.

I think Ultraphobic is a great album and has some of my favourite songs on it. Funnily enough it's better than some of the grunge albums from grunge bands.

I really like the stuff put out by the big 4: Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and found it intesting that they were lumped together as they all had a different type of sound - Nirvana had a Pixies vibe, Alice In Chains have a metal edge too them, Pearl Jam had a 70s thing going on and Soundgarden had this Led Zep meets Sabbath sound.

But I have to say I like AIC the most - their glam roots really shine through on parts of their first album ;)

I think it's properly overrated. I can understand people saying that Pearl Jam's "Ten" is a classic, as they clearly (despite not exactly being a fave listen of mine) have a hugely talented vocalist and some great tunes. Cobain wasn't a great vocalist, nor did they write any great tunes. And "Smells Like Teen Spirit" should really have been a one-hit wonder IMO, as all their other songs suck.

On a side note, is great to see some of these bands coming back (Pearl Jam, Creed, AIC) and tuning-up the guitars and adding an extra dose of melody on killer new releases...

I think it's properly overrated. I can understand people saying that Pearl Jam's "Ten" is a classic, as they clearly (despite not exactly being a fave listen of mine) have a hugely talented vocalist and some great tunes. Cobain wasn't a great vocalist, nor did they write any great tunes. And "Smells Like Teen Spirit" should really have been a one-hit wonder IMO, as all their other songs suck.

On a side note, is great to see some of these bands coming back (Pearl Jam, Creed, AIC) and tuning-up the guitars and adding an extra dose of melody on killer new releases...

I love Pearl Jam's stuff and are the only band from the genre that I have ever liked to be honest bar the odd song here and there. I always considered their stuff to be different than the other bands were doing and basically 'Ten' was jst a kick ass 70's influenced hard rock album and not a grunge album to me at all. Still love it to this day and the recent box set re-issue with the remixes and extras was killer.

Agreed that the last Pearl Jam disc 'Back Spacer' was a real return to form aswell, after a couple of disappointments.

I love Pearl Jam's stuff and are the only band from the genre that I have ever liked to be honest bar the odd song here and there. I always considered their stuff to be different than the other bands were doing and basically 'Ten' was jst a kick ass 70's influenced hard rock album and not a grunge album to me at all. Still love it to this day and the recent box set re-issue with the remixes and extras was killer.

Agreed that the last Pearl Jam disc 'Back Spacer' was a real return to form aswell, after a couple of disappointments.

Yeah I can hear that, though Pearl Jam weren't the most melodic of bands so I guess still didn't appeal to AOR/MHR fans. My fave of those bands would have to be Creed who were very consistent (despite having a pretty weak Eddie Vedder-copycat singer) and their latest album is a monster...

I'm the exact opposite of Tim(2) and Jez here, as I preferred NEVERMIND to anything by Pearl Jam. PJ just didn't have that crunchy guitar sound Nirvana had.

Eddie Vedder always came off as too haughty and self important to me too, like he was trying to be Mini-Bono. He has one of those faces that I would never get tired of punching. :lol:

Besides, around the time Pearl Jam was hot, you could go to a dozen different bars in New Jersey on any given Saturday night and see a dozen different cover bands all badly playing "Evenflow" and "Jeremy." :puke:

I'm the exact opposite of Tim(2) and Jez here, as I preferred NEVERMIND to anything by Pearl Jam. PJ just didn't have that crunchy guitar sound Nirvana had.

Eddie Vedder always came off as too haughty and self important to me too, like he was trying to be Mini-Bono. He has one of those faces that I would never get tired of punching. :lol:

Besides, around the time Pearl Jam was hot, you could go to a dozen different bars in New Jersey on any given Saturday night and see a dozen different cover bands all badly playing "Evenflow" and "Jeremy." :puke:

I like 2 Pearl Jam songs, 'Alive' and 'Even Flow'. The latter is a fantastic song imo. The album, 'Ten', isn't bad. However, every song on Nevermind sounds exactly the same to me. If I ever have to listen to it all the way through again, I will have to hack my ears off.

I like 2 Pearl Jam songs, 'Alive' and 'Even Flow'. The latter is a fantastic song imo. The album, 'Ten', isn't bad. However, every song on Nevermind sounds exactly the same to me. If I ever have to listen to it all the way through again, I will have to hack my ears off.

Now with Pearl Jam we are definitely talking about an overrated band.....extremely irritating music IMO....

• 1 month later...

Depressing. What were young people so angry about in the early 90s? I was only 7-8 at the time.

I know what I was angry about - Nirvana! :puke:

• 4 months later...