W.E.T. what does everyone think of it ?

rockdoc

It has been a damn long time since I have been on the board since then there has been many titles that have been released but first off WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF THE NEW W.E.T. CD .... I think it is one of the best releases in 5 years . Jeff's voice is brilliant once again anything he toches is brilliant . Well give me some thoughts ...........

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a few threads here with plenty of opinions but my harmless two cents are that it's an excellent disc. Not the slab of perfection that some have made it out to be, and not the by-the-numbers AOR others have made it out to be. Just a great slab of melodic hard rock. Killer solos and mostly killer tunes. Favourite track for me is 'Running from the heartache', but with only three fillers there are plenty more to choose from. :)

It has been a damn long time since I have been on the board since then there has been many titles that have been released but first off WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF THE NEW W.E.T. CD .... I think it is one of the best releases in 5 years . Jeff's voice is brilliant once again anything he toches is brilliant . Well give me some thoughts ...........

W.E.T is definately one of my albums of 2009.

• My Little Pony
W.E.T is definately one of my albums of 2009.

Stating the obvious makes you 100% correct in all conversation.

so, does this one rate a 100? wowowow, I must seek this out!!!!

so, does this one rate a 100? wowowow, I must seek this out!!!!

Nope, but a good solid 87% I reckon (? Somewhere around there). Excellent stuff.

You know, LOVE JSS and think he's in the upper echelon of vocalists but this one is not grabbing me at all. I keep trying to like it but.......nothing. Well, I should not say nothing but it's not near what I was looking for and hoping for. The songs are just not there for me.

I am not giving up on it however, I will keep spinnin' it and hoping. JSS deserves at least that much.

So have spun this a good few times now, and I love it. Have nothing much more to add than everyone else has mentioned, other than that the quality actually increases towards the back-end of the disc (the last 4 songs are all killer). The best song for me is "If I Fall" - which will obviously get Journey comparisons - but that shouldn't detract from one of the best MHR songs of the year.

Only slight complaint is the vocals. Not because I don't love JSS, but because he has clearly been picked due to his marketability rather than suitability for this project. This is basically a Scandi Melodic Rock disc, and the verses (especially) have been written for singers like Vikstrom/Jidhed who have a higher pitch. "Just Go" is the best example of this. A soulful American singer with a lower tone doesn't really work here - apart from on "If I Fall" - and they should've chosen better.

Otherwise, virtually flawless stuff IMO.

, other than that the quality actually increases towards the back-end of the disc (the last 4 songs are all killer).

Backed.......a rare disc where the second half is better than the first half.

...and the 2 best songs are saved for last.

what do think of those solos as well?? smokin IMO.

I personally don't think the end is any stronger than the rest at all. If anything the few fillers are in the 2nd half of the disc. :) That said, 'If I fall' is the 2nd best song on the CD. But otherwise, 'Running From The Heartache' is my favourite song on the disc, then 'If I fall' and after that it'd be 'I'll Be There', 'One Love', 'Invincible', 'Comes Down Like Rain' in that order.

In fact, the only fillers on the disc - 'Damage Is Done', 'Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is' and 'Just Go' - are all in the 2nd half of the disc. Yeah, sorry guys, completely disagree. If it's a game of two halves the first half crucifies the 2nd half. :)

As for Soto, I actually really love his presence on this disc. I think he nails it, and that's from someone who tires of him as easily as the next guy.

I personally don't think the end is any stronger than the rest at all. If anything the few fillers are in the 2nd half of the disc. :) That said, 'If I fall' is the 2nd best song on the CD. But otherwise, 'Running From The Heartache' is my favourite song on the disc, then 'If I fall' and after that it'd be 'I'll Be There', 'One Love', 'Invincible', 'Comes Down Like Rain' in that order.

In fact, the only fillers on the disc - 'Damage Is Done', 'Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is' and 'Just Go' - are all in the 2nd half of the disc. Yeah, sorry guys, completely disagree. If it's a game of two halves the first half crucifies the 2nd half. :)

As for Soto, I actually really love his presence on this disc. I think he nails it, and that's from someone who tires of him as easily as the next guy.

old ground....we defo disagree on the songs. Great disc tho whatever.

these songs are absolutly catchy and some great stuff here!!

I just ordered my copy hopefully I like it.

You will. :) I know you dug that last Eclipse CD, as did I, but this one's much better.

wow, already know these songs by listening to them on myspace and utube, but this is without a doubt, fantastic stuff and my numer one pick for the year, now just to get the album over here!!! hehehe

I just ordered my copy hopefully I like it.

You will. :) I know you dug that last Eclipse CD, as did I, but this one's much better.

I got it today and hope to have time to spin it soon but for now the Dr. Grind isn't leaving my stereo. :headbanger:

I liked the disk, but I still prefer JSS in Talisman over the stuff here. I WOULD rank this above Takara and his other CD's though, it's just not as good as the Talisman stuff. I think it's because the music (bass and guitar) on the Talisman stuff seems more catchy.

I'm about half way through this and I have to admit that this might be the most overrated cd ever.

I'm not sure how this got a 100 over at Melodicrock since IMO it barely should earn a 90. Of course this is just my opinion and I'm sure it will grow on me after a few more spins but so far to these ears it's just AOR by numbers and not anything near as good as what JSS has done with Talisman or even Eyes in the past. I sure hope this does grow on me since I did have high hopes for this one but so far I'm not to impressed(ducks to avoid flying objects).

"Hey guys, I'm Wes and I suck."

"Hi Wes, and welcome to 'I Suck Anonymous'. Please take a seat next to fellow HH member SUICIDE." ;)

"Hey guys, I'm Wes and I suck."

"Hi Wes, and welcome to 'I Suck Anonymous'. Please take a seat next to fellow HH member SUICIDE." ;)

I'm just hear to speak the truth. :geoffadillos:

Seriously though I do hope it grows on me but I think I was just expecting something more after all the hype.