Now it's....Blink 182

Wotty

One of the most god awful bands ever to walk the earth. :puke:

Agreed. Total crap !

Agreed. Total crap !

Backed... Utter Pig Shit....

And all of the other truly shite pop punk copyist's and spin offs which came out of the woodwork. :fu:

Think of it this way: Blink-182 has their place. If it weren't for Blink-182 and other bands like them, we wouldn't know what truly sucks, would we?

• Like 1

The only thing positive I can say about Blink 182 is that at least they're better than Green Day. Yes, it's still an insult but it's the best I can do for them. My brothers used to be huge fans of these guys so I've heard all their albums and I can honestly say that their first couple are possibly the worst actual recordings I have ever heard. Imagine throwing 4 guys into a garage who have no idea how to play their instruments and just ask all 4 to do their own thing. That's basically early Blink 182.

Bad, bad band.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Agreed. Total crap !

Backed... Utter Pig Shit....

And all of the other truly shite pop punk copyist's and spin offs which came out of the woodwork. :fu:

As much as I hate the label "pop punk" I actually listen to quite a lot of these bands and it is amazing how many of these bands reference Blink 182 in their songs. Singing about back in the day when they used to drive around singing Blink songs, or in their bedroom singing Blink songs before they, uh *clears throat* made it.

Anyway, basically every single one of these bands that reference them is better than the band themselves.

Don't ask me why, but I noticed they released a new album this year (originally released last year, as a single album, now a double album in 2017?) and I thought I'd check it out.

Anyway, it's a pretty weak album but I kinda dug a few tunes on it;

And imagine this clip uncensored!

• 6 years later...
  • My Little Pony
1 hour ago, nyoilers said:

There's a couple of posts on this thread from people who I've never seen any posts from but they're in the thousands !!!

WTF ????

Before your time. 

This place used to be very active. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

And you. 

aMetalhead1966 had almost 9,000 posts in 5 years and then stopped and hasn't posted since 2011. 

I'm not certain what to think about this

4 hours ago, nyoilers said:

aMetalhead1966 had almost 9,000 posts in 5 years and then stopped and hasn't posted since 2011. 

aMetalhead1966-2011 only.

11 hours ago, nyoilers said:

He came to his senses and quit listening to 'our' music and began listening to tekno music...:Zombie:

• My Little Pony
11 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Like I said, this place used to be very active. Back in the early 00's everyone was just excited to have a place to talk about a style of Rock they thought was dead, and discover bands they hadn't heard of before. And there weren't many other sites for these conversations. The FaceTubes didn't exist yet. Even when I finally joined, most of the main players had already racked up tens of thousands of posts. I regret not getting to witness @Geoff in his prime. Though I cringe at nearly all of my posts in my early days, so perhaps Geoff would prefer we didn't see him in his "youth" either. 

;}

But I miss a lot of the old boys. 

• Like 3

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 hours ago, auslander said:

aMetalhead1966-2011 only.

Sadly, that may be the case. 

There are a few OG's that have passed away that we know of and I'm sure there's a few that we don't know of.

Edited by Darkstone

6 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

How old are you Karpet? I thought that was just some random old guru as your avatar, but is it really a picture of you?

6 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Like I said, this place used to be very active. Back in the early 00's everyone was just excited to have a place to talk about a style of Rock they thought was dead, and discover bands they hadn't heard of before. And there weren't many other sites for these conversations. The FaceTubes didn't exist yet. Even when I finally joined, most of the main players had already racked up tens of thousands of posts. I regret not getting to witness @Geoff in his prime. Though I cringe at nearly all of my posts in my early days, so perhaps Geoff would prefer we didn't see him in his "youth" either. 

;}

lol. I cringe at what I posted yesterday, let alone what I might have posted 10 years ago. 

There was a tonne of stupid shit posted back in those days, but it was good fun, back when the internet (well, at least this section of it) was a happy, joyous space. I had office jobs back then, so basically had the forum open all day and spit rhymes with all the other dudes, and dudettes, throughout the entire day. 

But yeah, I guess that era was my "prime," as far as my internet life goes. I don't know if any of that shit would be even remotely amusing in hindsight, but there seemed to be a lot of funny shit back then. These days - and not just in Internetland - I feel a shadow of my former self, lol. Guess life has beaten me down to some extent, but you take the good with the bad and battle forthwards. 

• Like 2

A lot has happened in the 25 years that HH has been around (in one form or another). Not just in the world, but in everyone's lives, habits, and preferences, not to mention new technologies, platforms, etc.

When this site started there was no music streaming. We traded CD-Rs. Now people don't know what a CD-R even is.

-Dan

• Haha 1