Now it's....Blink 182

Wotty

7 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

A lot has happened in the 25 years that HH has been around (in one form or another). Not just in the world, but in everyone's lives, habits, and preferences, not to mention new technologies, platforms, etc.

When this site started there was no music streaming. We traded CD-Rs. Now people don't know what a CD-R even is.

-Dan

Hey Dan, just me being a complete nerd, but I'm curious so I'll ask anyway. I've just randomly been looking at people's join dates in this thread, out of curiosity. I notice yours is allegedly in 2002, but you mention that the site has been around for 25 years. Were you not an actual active username/participant on the forum in the early stages? Or was it only the main Album Reference pages to start with, and the forum came a few years later after that part of the site was established? 

It was just a reference site at first, called "The Halls of Glam" that I hosted on my employee webspace at the University of Illinois. I then moved it off to its own domain, and the message board came later.

• Thanks 1

There’s a separate thread elsewhere on the site, but for the newer members who never saw the original site, here ya go:

https://web.archive.org/web/19981201065143/http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~dharding/glam/

Some of the old links at the top are archived as well, so click away and explore a bit. 😜

Here’s the prior thread for anyone interested in that throwback:

• Thanks 2

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Sad this discussion has to be taking place in a Blink 182 thread, lol. 

I think it's fitting, 'cause nobody wants to talk about them. 

• Haha 1