Singer Michael Jackson 'is dead'

Singer Michael Jackson 'is dead'

Pop star Michael Jackson has died in Los Angeles, aged 50, reports say.

Paramedics were called to the singer's home around midday local time on Thursday after he stopped breathing and suffered a suspected cardiac arrest.

He was rushed by ambulance to a local medical centre, but his death was announced shortly afterwards.

The star, who had a history of health problems, had been due to begin a series of comeback concerts in the UK on 13 July.

He had a history of health problems and had not completed a concert tour in 12 years.

A spokeswoman for The Outside Organisation, who are organising the publicity for Jackson's UK concerts, said she had no comment at this time.

US media reports said paramedics were called to the singer's house in Bel Air at midday.

They performed CPR on Jackson and rushed him to the UCLA medical centre.

Crowds have begun to gather outside the facility, whose emergency centre has been roped off by police.

Jackson began his career as a child in family group The Jackson 5.

He then went on to achieve global fame as a solo artist with smash hits such as "Thriller" and "Bad".

But the singer has been dogged by controversy and money trouble in recent years, becoming a virtual recluse.

He had three children, Michael Joseph Jackson Jr, Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8119993.stm

• 2 weeks later...

What??? this isnt funny to joke around about! Dan could you please Ban this person, I mean you couldve said, Prince, or Madonna, or even Seal, but you crossed the fucking line, lying about our leader like this! if it were true, our leader would be shown on every tv station that's broadcasting a signal, every second would be reported to our eager eyes, you lie!

What??? this isnt funny to joke around about! Dan could you please Ban this person, I mean you couldve said, Prince, or Madonna, or even Seal, but you crossed the fucking line, lying about our leader like this! if it were true, our leader would be shown on every tv station that's broadcasting a signal, every second would be reported to our eager eyes, you lie!

Fucking news to me and I have had the TV on most of the day.

Who was that blonde chick guitarist seen on the footage of his last rehearsal. She's hot and an Aussie apparently - anyone?

Who was that blonde chick guitarist seen on the footage of his last rehearsal. She's hot and an Aussie apparently - anyone?

I was wondering that too... only I didn't know she was a she. I thought it was a dude. :lol:

I was wondering that too... only I didn't know she was a she. I thought it was a dude. :lol:

She is called Orianthi - don't know much else about her except that MJ used to use Jennifer Batten, who was much better imo.

Maybe I'm an anomoly around these parts, but I watched that ceremony on cnbc yesterday and it hit me pretty hard. I did not remember the impact and influence Michael had on me during my formidable years.

All the negative aside he was a musical pioneer and certainly an amazing humanitarian. Like I said makes me feel sad for his kids and I am not feeling so immortal anymore...

She is called Orianthi - don't know much else about her except that MJ used to use Jennifer Batten, who was much better imo.

just a side note, Jennifer is gonan be at Guitarfest in Birmingham this Saturday incase anyones interested (y)

Maybe I'm an anomoly around these parts, but I watched that ceremony on cnbc yesterday and it hit me pretty hard. I did not remember the impact and influence Michael had on me during my formidable years.

All the negative aside he was a musical pioneer and certainly an amazing humanitarian. Like I said makes me feel sad for his kids and I am not feeling so immortal anymore...

Like I say, Eddie Van Halen better get the same respect or else America is racist!

Like I say, Eddie Van Halen better get the same respect or else America is racist!

He won't, and it doesn't have anything to do with racism, he's just not at all as popular. :(

Eddie definitely won't be getting any huge memorial from the world. His music/talent does not transcend every guitarist around and there are better guitarist who deserve the spotlight, in my opinion.

This has nothing to do with racism but about world influence.

The King Of Pop(ular).Funny how, but not all people frowned on him not long ago and look at some of them now.Humans what a strange species.

I agree, it seemed like the majority of the world was thinking the "king of weird" not too long ago. That is not a statement of my own feelings for him or his music, just what I'm seeing. That being said it seems to happen every time someone famous passes. Ronald Reagan was another one where suddenly everyone loved him and there was not a detractor to be found. I'm guessing it's a "respect for the dead" thing, and I must admit once someone is gone I no longer feel any need to bash them.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Eddie Van Halen better get the same respect

I agree,but EVH can hardly command any respect outside guitar circles and the rock community (which is sad and pathetic).Even in its heyday (at the height of its popularity) the media never really embraced hard rock/metal.If transcend means to rise above or go beyond the limits of something,he d*mn sure deserves all the accolades and more.Wasn't just Eddie's skills,it was also his sound innovation.That dude was getting some unprecedented sounds out of his gear...

Meh.

It's not a race thing or a music thing. It's the trend du jour. When a high profile person dies, we now turn them into a saint. It happened with Michael Jackson. It happened with Prince Diana. It's happening right now with Steve McNair.

Just ignore it. They're all meaningless millionaires anyway.

Want to admire someone? Go down to your local police, fire, or ambulance company...

-Dan

Want to admire someone? Go down to your local police, fire, or ambulance company...

-Dan

...Or Mail Centre :D