New Kiss nearly here!

Jez

From Kissonline.com

Hey All,

We're about four days from finishing the new KISS album. Eleven tracks, and it IS everything I've told you. It IS classic. It IS all written within the band. And IT ROCKS BIG TIME! Tommy and Eric both handle lead vocals. The songs, sound and playing will knock your socks off. You will all be as proud and excited as we all are. Oh...and WAIT till you see the cover!

We ARE just getting started!

Paul

No Release dates or anything, but my ears are waiting, seriously tuned in to hear if this is gonna be any good or not.

The Cover by the way, is being done by the same artist who did 'Rock 'n' Roll Over'! Whip de Woo

I'm really looking forward to this...Being a Huge KISS fan there are some great

things that this release is gonna have...

Tommy and Eric Help write a LOT of the songs...plus they are both

finally allowed to have MUCH more input into the SOUND and PRODUCTION

which for KISS Fans is a great thing..Tommy and Eric are HUGE fans of the

band's early sound as well and both really pushed that idea to Gene and Paul!!

There are NO Outside writers ( Desmond, Holly, Marti..etc)

I'm pretty sure they ( Thayer and Stanley) are Producing it too so that keeps

the record closer to that Old School KISS Groove that I've been waiting for!!

I am one of those people who think that the "classic" era Kiss was way overrated and that their best days were in the 80s with Kullick and Carr etc.

That said, I am also in the minority in thinking that Psycho Circus was agreat album, so I do think they have the potential to produce another good (great?) album.

I am one of those people who think that the "classic" era Kiss was way overrated and that their best days were in the 80s with Kullick and Carr etc.

Backed.

Hmm, count me in that group as well. :anon:

Backed.

Agreed but also throw Singer in

Some bands really should call it a day, grow old gracefully and not bother - This being one fine example. Just stop it now.

Obviously a sad Little Ceasar fanboy then!! HAHA

Some bands really should call it a day, grow old gracefully and not bother - This being one fine example. Just stop it now.

Obviously a sad Little Ceasar fanboy then!! HAHA

No...not at all.Just thought this was the standard quote for for someone who didn't care for a band and wanted to add their 2 cents.

That said, I am also in the minority in thinking that Psycho Circus was agreat album, so I do think they have the potential to produce another good (great?) album.

i havent heard much Kiss, but i really like Animalize, and to a lesser extent, Crazy Nights....but i prefer Heavens On Fire and Hell or High Water (and Lick it Up) to Rock N Roll All Night, God Of Thunder and Strutter.....although the 70s stuff is still good, dont get me wrong, i just prefer the 80s stuff ive heard

and i apologize if i screwed up on the names, havent listened to them in awhile :/

I find it interesting that some many people here agree with me on that.

Over the years I have traversed the world wide web, I have tended to find that Americans tend to prefer the 70s stuff whereas Europeans tend to prefer the 80s.

I always put it down to the fact that Kiss were never that popular outside the US an Australia in the 70s, and didnt really take off here til the 80s.

Its nice to see that there is more love for the 80s era in the USA, cause it annoys me how Kiss has pretty much turned their back on that era when they do live shows etc.

If I had to choose between the 2, I would probably go for the classic era, but I do like alot of the later stuff aswell... Did I say 'Crazy Nights' :whistle:

Backed.

me too

Oh yeah! :D

At least I hope the new one will be better than "Psycho Circus"...

Backed.

me too

Yep, backed. For me, KISS is all about 1982 - 1992.

Backed.

me too

KISS in any era kicked ass....I mean, great albums from any time period can be found!!! And, I'm excited to see what they've come up with this time around!

I really enjoyed Psycho Circus, Cap'n....so I'm with ya on that one fo sho!

:kiss:

Backed.

me too

Backed as well. This is the era of the best song writing. There are some cheese intertwined in there but the vast majority of songs were awesome....

I don't give a sh*t what era the new stuff resembles. I'm just glad they've decided to put out some new stuff and get off the nostalgia-tour treadmill they've been on for the past decade.

I don't give a sh*t what era the new stuff resembles. I'm just glad they've decided to put out some new stuff and get off the nostalgia-tour treadmill they've been on for the past decade.

Well as long as it doesn't sound like any of the following:

1. Unmasked

2. Crazy Nights

3. Peter Criss' solo album

Besides those three, and I'd maybe even throw 'Dynasty' in there too, then I guess I'll be happy.