Bret Michaels of Poison gets crushed....

Don't have a clue why Poison were performing at the Tony Awards (an award show for broadway musicals). But if you look closely you'll see Bret Micheals getting squished by a prop at the end of his performance. From what I heard he didn't get hurt.

Don't have a clue why Poison were performing at the Tony Awards (an award show for broadway musicals). But if you look closely you'll see Bret Micheals getting squished by a prop at the end of his performance. From what I heard he didn't get hurt.

When I read this headline I presumed he was just walking down Broadway and someone threw something at him (expect this is a common occurence for Michaels), I didn't realise he was actually performing.

According to Michaels' spokeswoman, the rock singer had X-rays taken after getting clocked in the head by a descending set piece at Sunday's Radio City Music Hall ceremony.

Publicist Joann Mignano says Michaels, who performed with his 1980s hair-metal band Poison, fractured his nose and had to get three stitches in his lip. She says he was getting a CAT scan on Monday as a precaution, as he's had a past neck injury.

Holy shit... not sure what that prop was made from, but doesn't look like it would have been too much fun. As Rick says, kind of amusing to watch but I'm glad he's okay and there were no severe injuries. Poor bastard. Hopefully that knock returned his ability to write good songs, though.

Ouch!! That looked like it REALLY frickin' HURT!

Don't have a clue why Poison were performing at the Tony Awards (an award show for broadway musicals)

I believe they performed with the cast of a Broadway show called "Rock Of Ages," which is a "jukebox musical" (i.e. a production that uses popular tunes from established artists rather than its own all-original score) set in the late 80s rock club scene; a couple of Poison tunes are in the show. I haven't seen it but it was nominated for several awards.

According to Michaels' spokeswoman, the rock singer had X-rays taken after getting clocked in the head by a descending set piece at Sunday's Radio City Music Hall ceremony.

Publicist Joann Mignano says Michaels, who performed with his 1980s hair-metal band Poison, fractured his nose and had to get three stitches in his lip. She says he was getting a CAT scan on Monday as a precaution, as he's had a past neck injury.

Being that it was on Broadway.....shouldn't that be a "CAT'S scan"........... :bananamac:

Don't have a clue why Poison were performing at the Tony Awards (an award show for broadway musicals)

I believe they performed with the cast of a Broadway show called "Rock Of Ages," which is a "jukebox musical" (i.e. a production that uses popular tunes from established artists rather than its own all-original score) set in the late 80s rock club scene; a couple of Poison tunes are in the show. I haven't seen it but it was nominated for several awards.

Keith you're scaring me. Why in God's name do you know this. :unsure:

Hopefully that knock returned his ability to write good songs, though.

????????????? When did he have that ability? My ears tell me he never had it in the first place.

Keith you're scaring me. Why in God's name do you know this. :unsure:

Because I live in the New York area and I read entirely too many magazines and newspapers devoted to the entertainment scene around here. :lol:

????????????? When did he have that ability? My ears tell me he never had it in the first place.

1985 - 1996

1985 - 1996

Hmmmmmmmm? I believe Unskinny Bop was written within that time frame... That blows your assertion right out of the water. As a lyricist, he's laughable, at best. Simplistic drivel aimed at teenyboppers; his mastery of the English language is underwhelming, as his lyrics are neither clever, nor innovative. His mastery of eye shadow and make-up was second to none though.

>> As a lyricist, he's laughable, at best. Simplistic drivel aimed at teenyboppers <<

Which explains the mini mansion he lives in up the street from here ...

>> his mastery of the English language is underwhelming <<

Wrong

as his lyrics are neither clever, nor innovative <<

What, you expect a pop band to write epic, Fates Warning-ish lyrics?? Don't see that working ...

>> His mastery of eye shadow and make-up was second to none though. <<

Yeah, well ...

By the way, he's fine, all things considered.

1985 - 1996

Hmmmmmmmm? I believe Unskinny Bop was written within that time frame... That blows your assertion right out of the water. As a lyricist, he's laughable, at best. Simplistic drivel aimed at teenyboppers; his mastery of the English language is underwhelming, as his lyrics are neither clever, nor innovative. His mastery of eye shadow and make-up was second to none though.

Never mentioned anything about his lyrics, mate. :) I also never said every single song he wrote was excellent, but from 1986 to 1996 he wrote a f*ckload of excellent songs. And songs are far more than a set of lyrics. ;)

Yeah, sure, whatever. He and his cronies will always be a joke to me. If poppy anthems float your boat, sail on, sailor.

Being that it was on Broadway.....shouldn't that be a "CAT'S scan"........... :bananamac:

NICE!!!!! Man I gotta find a little drummer rim shot smiley...

Rock of Ages is an AWESOME show! I've seen it twice already.

Sure it's a Broadway musical, but as far as those go, Rock of Ages takes everything that we love, Broadways it up a bit, and throws it in a show packed with crude jokes, T&A, and memorable reminiscences of the 80s era, particularly on the Sunset Strip.

I was scheduled to be seeing it again in August. Not sure that'll pan out now. But, it's such an incredible time! (For the 2nd show, I was in the 2nd row. It was a great time!)

They've had band members there before. I think Mick Jones was there earlier this year. A friend said some rock person (I forget already and it was only like 2 or 3 days ago she told me) will be there June 25.

I saw the Bret thing last Sunday night and initially thought it was funny (especially as NPH cracked jokes), but then got a bit worried after reading some things. Hope Bret's alright.

Best clip/closeup I've seen so far. He was clueless. He didn't duck or anything. I'm surprised he wasn't hurt worse, to be honest.

Bret_Michaels_backdrop.gif

>> Best clip/closeup I've seen so far. He was clueless. He didn't duck or anything. I'm surprised he wasn't hurt worse, to be honest. <<

You're right, he actually WAS clueless. He wasn't at the show rehearsal the day before so he didn't know that he only had 2 seconds to get off the stage. Those events are timed and worked and re-worked down to the millisecond and if ya don't know what's coming, you're well ... fucked