OUTLOUD

zacharyamelie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Holy shit, i missed this thread....just saw the promo over at Melrock and went straight to the Myspace.

These songs rule. If this isnt gonna be one of the best mhr of 2009 id be amazed....lets hope they can keep that quality up for the whole album.

Sounds well good :guitbannana:

Their bio shows the lead singer to be from the band TALON.

Is it the guy from the first release?

I saw the story over at melodicrock.com and was wondering that.

It's Chandler from the latest release.

Holy shit, i missed this thread....just saw the promo over at Melrock and went straight to the Myspace.

These songs rule. If this isnt gonna be one of the best mhr of 2009 id be amazed....lets hope they can keep that quality up for the whole album.

One of my favourite albums of the last 12 months....sounds monsterous when cranked loud and really just carries a lot of energy. And FAR better lead vocals from Chandler over the last Talon release. FAR superior!

Reminds me of the debut Lynch Mob in places...more samples soon...

One of my favourite albums of the last 12 months....sounds monsterous when cranked loud and really just carries a lot of energy. And FAR better lead vocals from Chandler over the last Talon release. FAR superior!

Reminds me of the debut Lynch Mob in places...more samples soon...

Great . :tumbsup:

Their bio shows the lead singer to be from the band TALON.

Is it the guy from the first release?

I saw the story over at melodicrock.com and was wondering that.

It's Chandler from the latest release.

I like his voice and love the latest release 'Fallen Angels'.

Finally got to hearing some of the samples. Wow! This is definately gonna be a favourite this year, I'm really looking forward to this release.

• 4 weeks later...
Finally got to hearing some of the samples. Wow! This is definately gonna be a favourite this year, I'm really looking forward to this release.

me too...just listening again to those 4 songs on their myspace.

very cool indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm going to have to say it. I like it, but I don't love it. Bands that put such blatant fillers at track 1 - so bad you have to skip them, even first spin - get off on the wrong foot with me. Granted, most of the rest of this CD is pretty good. There's a few fillers, a few average tracks... but overall it's pretty good. Looking forward to more spins, but the album opener is the kind of shit some 80's bands used to put on the end of their CDs to round them up with a filler and I didn't like that. Putting it at track one is a sin.

Okay, I'm going to have to say it. I like it, but I don't love it. Bands that put such blatant fillers at track 1 - so bad you have to skip them, even first spin - get off on the wrong foot with me. Granted, most of the rest of this CD is pretty good. There's a few fillers, a few average tracks... but overall it's pretty good. Looking forward to more spins, but the album opener is the kind of shit some 80's bands used to put on the end of their CDs to round them up with a filler and I didn't like that. Putting it at track one is a sin.

Maybe I'm tone deaf but I love the opening track.

It's just an agressive ass kicking tune. What's wrong with that?

Maybe I'm tone deaf but I love the opening track.

It's just an agressive ass kicking tune. What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with an aggressive ass-kicking tune at all... as long as it doesn't plain and simply suck. Like this one does. :(

I thought this was going to be the disc of the year when I heard the single We run but after hearing the whole cd a couple of times I think it's just average. There are one and two more songs on the album but this type of music have been made so much better many times before.

Yes, Chandler is singing way better than on the Talon album.

Finally, Firewind's last couple of releases thrashes Outland's debut.

I thought this was going to be the disc of the year when I heard the single We run but after hearing the whole cd a couple of times I think it's just average. There are one and two more songs on the album but this type of music have been made so much better many times before.

Yes, Chandler is singing way better than on the Talon album.

Finally, Firewind's last couple of releases thrashes Outland's debut.

Yep you summed it up in my wwords on all 3 points exactly!

Wow, really surprised at what Im reading in this thread.

To these ears this rocks like a bstard from beginning to end.

I love it.

& as for the first song sucking...........my dear Geoff, you are madder than I thought. As soon as that verse and vocal kick in you know youve got a killer on your hands...and that solo is bad ass as well.

God, when I think of all the mediocrity my ears have suffered so far this year, finally there is a disc which lives up to my expectations.

This is not my thing at all really. A little generic for me, and hate those vocals.

God, when I think of all the mediocrity my ears have suffered so far this year, finally there is a disc which lives up to my expectations.

Oh nice, very nice... I'm going to have a good cry now... :crying:

'Tonite' is good, if a bit generic (where oh where have we heard that Keyboard line before and the rest of the song come to think of it - I was singing the chorus before they even got to it) - nice all the same and the best track of the four by far. 'We Run' was fine aswell, but the other 2 tunes weren't great at all. Will definitely keep an eye on them though.

Oh nice, very nice... I'm going to have a good cry now... :crying:

rest assured my friend you do not fall into that category and this wont be topping your effort :tumbsup:

'Tonite' is good, if a bit generic (where oh where have we heard that Keyboard line before and the rest of the song come to think of it - I was singing the chorus before they even got to it)

Runaway - BJ.

Well thats what I first thought when I heard that keyboard