OUTLOUD

zacharyamelie

Just spinning this again now. I don't have any problem with the vocalist, to be honest. I don't mind him at all. MILES better than the Firenote dude. I just have to say again, just how bad that first track is. I don't see any other option but skipping it. It is so f*cking shit. But this next song, 'We run', that's good shit.

that solo in the first song kicks my butt to kingdom come.

I don't think I've made it to the solo yet...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people around here are hard to please. :unsure:

And others are far too easily pleased. ;)

With regard to the vocal discussion, I can't remember thinking this guy was too bad (will spin this one again soon, today) but I agree with Glen, the Firenote guy is awful. But there are 3 better songs on Firenote than anything on here. :)

And Jez, did you hear every Nirvana CD to decide they were not a good band? If I hear 5 CDs from a single band and am not entitled to form an opinion on them, I apologise. If you get stabbed in the face five times, are you going to go back to your attacker and ask for 5 more wounds to the face?

Yes mate, I have heard every Nirvana (or example) cd and I don't like any of them. I judge a band on each album, rather than making generalised statements. If you have heard say 5 Cheap Trick cd's and decided you don't like any of 'those' albums, then fair enough, but how the hell can you say ALL their albums are shit (except one) when you haven't even heard 2/3's of their back catologue? Simple answer - YOU CAN'T. It's not the first time you have said that either to be honest.

:lol: Well, sorry mate but to put it bluntly that is just plain stupidity. I honestly struggle to find time to listen to all the new music I truly believe will be good, so the day you catch me listening to Eminem or Black Eyed Peas' new CD to know for sure if they're shit or not is the day I off myself.

Sorry you don't appear to have the same skills at determining what's shit and what's not, but I listen to everything I need to and make good decisions based on that. That explains why I have CDs from Cher, Belinda Carlisle, Bryan Adams, Eddie Money and Cheap Trick in my collection. All terrible artists but I research the albums that are meant to be listenable and always give those a chance. Not the rest of the shit.

So enjoy the new Aqua and S-Club-7 CDs and you be sure to let me know if they're any good or not. I'm making what I believe it is a pretty good educated guess that they won't be.

Tip - bad bands usually create bad CDs. All of them.

Some people around here are hard to please. :unsure:

And others are far too easily pleased. ;)

With regard to the vocal discussion, I can't remember thinking this guy was too bad (will spin this one again soon, today) but I agree with Glen, the Firenote guy is awful. But there are 3 better songs on Firenote than anything on here. :)

And Jez, did you hear every Nirvana CD to decide they were not a good band? If I hear 5 CDs from a single band and am not entitled to form an opinion on them, I apologise. If you get stabbed in the face five times, are you going to go back to your attacker and ask for 5 more wounds to the face?

Yes mate, I have heard every Nirvana (or example) cd and I don't like any of them. I judge a band on each album, rather than making generalised statements. If you have heard say 5 Cheap Trick cd's and decided you don't like any of 'those' albums, then fair enough, but how the hell can you say ALL their albums are shit (except one) when you haven't even heard 2/3's of their back catologue? Simple answer - YOU CAN'T. It's not the first time you have said that either to be honest.

:lol: Well, sorry mate but to put it bluntly that is just plain stupidity. I honestly struggle to find time to listen to all the new music I truly believe will be good, so the day you catch me listening to Eminem or Black Eyed Peas' new CD to know for sure if they're shit or not is the day I off myself.

Sorry you don't appear to have the same skills at determining what's shit and what's not, but I listen to everything I need to and make good decisions based on that. That explains why I have CDs from Cher, Belinda Carlisle, Bryan Adams, Eddie Money and Cheap Trick in my collection. All terrible artists but I research the albums that are meant to be listenable and always give those a chance. Not the rest of the shit.

So enjoy the new Aqua and S-Club-7 CDs and you be sure to let me know if they're any good or not. I'm making what I believe it is a pretty good educated guess that they won't be.

Tip - bad bands usually create bad CDs. All of them.

You've talked some serious horse shit in the past, but take a bow mate, you just got a gold medl for that. :bowdown:

I'm always striving to meet new heights.

EDIT: But seriously mate, if you need to hear 3 albums from Nirvana in order to find out what I can find out from a few singles, I got some bad news for you. ;)

After listening to this disc several times. It is just really mediocre. It has it's moments (We Run) but I am with Geoff in expecting ALOT more. Not sure, if they will make another album or not and not sure if I really want to wait around until when and if they do. Disappointed in this one.