Johnny Lima "Livin' Out Loud"

hardrockhaven

Geoff, I know you will be jumping for joy when you see this and realize that my man Lima has a new solo cd coming out soon. :P You can hear three new tracks off it on his myspace page. My favorite track of the three is "Caught In The Middle". Take notes Chris Laney :D

http://www.myspace.com/johnnylima

Seriously mate, I have all his CDs and I don't hate him. He goes okay, but I just think he is heavily over-rated and average. That said, I'll still be checking out the new disc and I'm looking forward to hearing the samples. :)

Seriously mate, I have all his CDs and I don't hate him. He goes okay, but I just think he is heavily over-rated and average. That said, I'll still be checking out the new disc and I'm looking forward to hearing the samples. :)

I think he gets better with each release (haven't heard the samples yet though) apart from the remake of the debut where I think im the only person who prefers the original.

Made in California is a great great cd and with each release he adds more modern influences so Im interesting in hearing this.

I think he gets better with each release (haven't heard the samples yet though) apart from the remake of the debut where I think im the only person who prefers the original.

Made in California is a great great cd and with each release he adds more modern influences so Im interesting in hearing this.

as much as I love Lima's work he in my opinion has yet to top his debut cd.

I will be looking forward to getting ths new cd.

:beerbang:

'Wildflower' is awful... 'Til love is gone' is very nice. Will try to hear the 3rd tomorrow.

'Wildflower' is awful... 'Til love is gone' is very nice. Will try to hear the 3rd tomorrow.

Yes, 'Wildflower' was the dud of the three. The third track is by far the best imo. Melodic.net just gave a pretty good review and rundown of the album.

• 1 month later...

Got my copy of this in the mail yesterday from AOR Heaven. Definitely some killer tracks on here. My favs would have to be "All I Wanna Do", "Hate To Love You", "Caught In the Middle", and "Livin' Out Loud". Surprising though was that there were several "fillers" on here for me. But, I count a good solid 7 or 8 out of 12 tracks which make the grade. Final verdict, I don't think this new one is better than "Shine On", but it's at least on par with "Made In California". Good stuff.

After hearing samples of "Livin' Out Loud", I ordered this and "Shine On" from his website a couple days ago. I was also happy to see he will be reissuing his S/T cd in June. :banger:

After hearing samples of "Livin' Out Loud", I ordered this and "Shine On" from his website a couple days ago. I was also happy to see he will be reissuing his S/T cd in June. :banger:

I've been looking for the Version 1.2 release so I'm glad to see he will soon have it in stock.......so I've got to ask which is better the S/T or V1.2..?

I've been looking for the Version 1.2 release so I'm glad to see he will soon have it in stock.......so I've got to ask which is better the S/T or V1.2..?

Obviously everyone's preferences are different but I bought 1.2 and have a cd-r of the S/T and I prefer the S/T. You can get 1.2 on his website though.

You can pick this release up at CDBABY for $9.99.....I just ordered mine along with the Johnny Burning and Sahara Rain cds.....

Damn, I should've held off a couple of days before ordering this new one from AOR Heaven. With shipping and all, the conversion cost me almost $30. Even NEH has it for $18.99. It was just that AOR Heaven was the first site I saw it pop up on last week. I feel so violated now.........oww it hurts....stop it!

Well I'm going to get straight to the point and say that hands down, by miles, this is his best CD. It rocks a little harder than normal and although I fully agree with a couple of the guys saying there are a few fillers, if you ask me, his other discs are majority filler and a few killers. This is the other way round.

There are some really, really good songs here. The best of his career. Song writing is the strongest so far for sure, musically solid as hell, awesome production... I really dig it, and that's coming from a partial Johnny Lima fan. This one is actually a really good shot at making my top 10 list this year.

More listens and fave tracks to follow asap.

Well I'm going to get straight to the point and say that hands down, by miles, this is his best CD. It rocks a little harder than normal and although I fully agree with a couple of the guys saying there are a few fillers, if you ask me, his other discs are majority filler and a few killers. This is the other way round.

There are some really, really good songs here. The best of his career. Song writing is the strongest so far for sure, musically solid as hell, awesome production... I really dig it, and that's coming from a partial Johnny Lima fan. This one is actually a really good shot at making my top 10 list this year.

More listens and fave tracks to follow asap.

I knew Lima would eventually make you a believer. One can only hold out for so long. :P

This is one outstanding disc!! This one came out of nowhere and kicked my ass!! Love it!

:banger:

This is one outstanding disc!! This one came out of nowhere and kicked my ass!! Love it!

:banger:

Couldn't agree more Rob. Every song is a winner and this is one excellent melodic rock disc. :guitbannana:

The Chris Laney disc is better IMHO. I love this album though But I dig the more aggressive sound on the CL disc!

I'd have to agree, but 'Caught in the middle' is really, really awesome.

The Chris Laney disc is better IMHO. I love this album though But I dig the more aggressive sound on the CL disc!

I'd have to agree, but 'Caught in the middle' is really, really awesome.

I think from first Impressions I would say I prefer this to Chris Laney.....and most other albums Ive heard so far this year.

anyone know if the Japanese are releasing this gem in their own country?

They must be. I know there is a 13th track floating around and I was disappointed it wasn't on my copy.