Johnny Lima "Livin' Out Loud"

hardrockhaven

Ok, havent heard the album or bought it, but had to listen to the song Wildflower to see what the arguments are about.

Quite frankly I cannot hear Poison or Slaughter in the song at all (although as Geoff said, I can hear how the delivery of the Wildflower line sounds similar to Nothing but a good time).

If anything, I'd say the song sits somewhere between Bon Jovi and Leppard rather than Poison or Slaughter.

Thank You. :drink:

I hear no Poison or Slaughter on that tune either.

Plus it cracks me up how the thought a song sounding anything remotely close to Poison brings out the Poison haters.

I'm always here mate :D

Can you change the word 'Hater' to 'Despiser' please.

I know how you feel about Poison. :lol:

Ok, havent heard the album or bought it, but had to listen to the song Wildflower to see what the arguments are about.

Quite frankly I cannot hear Poison or Slaughter in the song at all (although as Geoff said, I can hear how the delivery of the Wildflower line sounds similar to Nothing but a good time).

If anything, I'd say the song sits somewhere between Bon Jovi and Leppard rather than Poison or Slaughter.

Thank You. :drink:

I hear no Poison or Slaughter on that tune either.

Plus it cracks me up how the thought a song sounding anything remotely close to Poison brings out the Poison haters.

I'm always here mate :D

Can you change the word 'Hater' to 'Despiser' please.

I know how you feel about Poison. :lol:

Yeah but dont label me as a Poison hater thanks.

And that song does sound like Poison.....so there :nyanya:

This thread has become stupid anyway....we should stop discussing the WORST song on the album and discuss the best ones.

How awesome is 'Hate To Love You'....if you want Jovi - that's it. I tell you what though BJ would kill to write a song that good for his new album. Truth.

Also killer is 'Caught In The Middle' - definitely in my top 10 songs of 2009. Pisses on almost any other song this IMO. :banger:

I also love 'Livin Out Loud' and the best thing about this album is that it ends really well....all the last 3 songs are really good.

• 7 years later...

He would just look like Jorn in his videos, and they would make you not want to watch them.

HE seems pretty "Lima-centric" and the videos would be of his face I'd suggest.

That said, I love his stuff.

And I love Wildflower

• 6 years later...

any news on Johnny Lima?
Been a long time between albums.
Did a quick search and he did an acoustic album years ago, but nothing since.
A shame, I love his stuff, always solid and easy to listen to.

• Like 1