CDs that never see the light of day...

I find it strange how a band can go thru all the trouble of recording a disc, promote it, get it ready for release ...only for it to disappear into thin air. I know big names have this sort of issue due to labels, but for independant bands, I can't see what the hold up is.

A few examples:

Big Bang Babies - supposedly recorded a new disc about 2 years ago. Never heard of it since Perris delayed the release date.

StarStar -suposedly had another album in the bag years ago and they continually threaten to release it.

BOSS - Step On It, has been on the cards for acouple of years now, but still nothing has materialised.

Any others you can think of that have vanished before being released?

I find it strange how a band can go thru all the trouble of recording a disc, promote it, get it ready for release ...only for it to disappear into thin air. I know big names have this sort of issue due to labels, but for independant bands, I can't see what the hold up is.

A few examples:

Big Bang Babies - supposedly recorded a new disc about 2 years ago. Never heard of it since Perris delayed the release date.

StarStar -suposedly had another album in the bag years ago and they continually threaten to release it.

BOSS - Step On It, has been on the cards for acouple of years now, but still nothing has materialised.

Any others you can think of that have vanished before being released?

mine would be..........

vice - hot just looking at you... I know this was pressed on CD & made it to cassette form but only as a promos & sadly never got released.

the scream - the 2nd album...... again, there was a promo cd pressing & also cassette.... hopefully this'll come out one day.

arti tisi - ? widely available to be downloaded but hopefully will get a proper release... mtm along with a few of the aor labels had it listed as upcoming releases but so far nothing.

i'm pretty sure perris handed out promos of the bbb cd to a few peeps out there

Savatage were supposed to release a live album called LIVE DEVASTATION on Metal Blade back in the mid 90s. Promo copies were distributed (and they go for some coin on eBay) but the album was never officially released for whatever reason.

I am sure the story of 2nd's and even 1st's not making the light of day is quite common in the very fickle music industry.

I can think of a few:

Tora Tora-Revolution Day

Best Kissers n The World-Yelow Brick Roadkill

New American Shame-"Untitled"

Assume it's all related to record labels and, given how long it takes to write/record an album, trends change & they focus their efforts elsewhere. Often it's for the best (ALIAS), but some goodies also slip through the net (the 3rd BAD ENGLISH album).

I am sure the story of 2nd's and even 1st's not making the light of day is quite common in the very fickle music industry.

I can think of a few:

Tora Tora-Revolution Day

Backed...That is one I would love to hear!!

Savatage were supposed to release a live album called LIVE DEVASTATION on Metal Blade back in the mid 90s. Promo copies were distributed (and they go for some coin on eBay) but the album was never officially released for whatever reason.

I remember a time when you could buy these for $20-25 on eBay all day long. They were not uncommon at all. The supply appears to have completely dried up... maybe I should sell mine. ;)

I remember a time when you could buy these for $20-25 on eBay all day long. They were not uncommon at all. The supply appears to have completely dried up... maybe I should sell mine. ;)

I've never actually seen a copy of it (in fact, I never even HEARD of it till I started prowling teh internetz in the early '00s, heh heh)... if I weren't terminally broke I'd make you an offer for it, Dan :(

*EDIT* Then again, maybe not... there's one on eBay right now with a Buy It Now of $155 :yikes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Savatage-CD-Live-Devas...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Sorry, Dan, too rich for my blood!

I can think of a few:

Tora Tora-Revolution Day

Backed...That is one I would love to hear!!

PM me and I will forward it along. As it sits it is an EP, but it smokes! Also includes the track that did not make it onto the Heavy Metal 2k soundtrack.

There is also a full live show (DVD and CD) recorded in Texas from 2000 that I still need to snag from the boys.

Here's a few that I wonder if they will ever be available on disc!

Vain-Strangers

Tangier-S/T

Shogun-31 Days

New York - Carry The Torch

Megattack-Raw Delivery

Best Little Whore House In Texas- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Vain-Strangers

Tangier-S/T

Shogun-31 Days

Megattack-Raw Delivery

I recall placing a $10 pre order for the shogun - 31 days cd around 1996? as it was supposd to have been released a dutch label... needless to say it never came out. last year tehre was an announcement about it's reissue but still nothing yet & afaik the masters were lost/ damaged in a flood so I doubt the reissue will ever take place, shamw really as conside shogun - 31 days to be one of the best aor albums of all time.

Vain-Strangers

Tangier-S/T

Shogun-31 Days

Megattack-Raw Delivery

ESP blows by a country mile megattack's lp.....

Vain-Strangers

Tangier-S/T

Shogun-31 Days

Megattack-Raw Delivery

I recall placing a $10 pre order for the shogun - 31 days cd around 1996? as it was supposd to have been released a dutch label... needless to say it never came out. last year tehre was an announcement about it's reissue but still nothing yet & afaik the masters were lost/ damaged in a flood so I doubt the reissue will ever take place, shamw really as conside shogun - 31 days to be one of the best aor albums of all time.

That's ok bro, the master tapes for Vyper - Prepared to Strike went up in flames, Sam still released it!

Vain-Strangers

Tangier-S/T

Shogun-31 Days

Megattack-Raw Delivery

ESP blows by a country mile megattack's lp.....

You lost me on that one bro??? my IQ's only 6, I failed my iq test actually! would you please explain your response, so I may respond?

Vain-Strangers

Tangier-S/T

Shogun-31 Days

Megattack-Raw Delivery

That's ok bro, the master tapes for Vyper - Prepared to Strike went up in flames, Sam still released it!

I'd welcome a reissue from any clean source :)

Vain-Strangers

Tangier-S/T

Shogun-31 Days

Megattack-Raw Delivery

I'd welcome a reissue from any clean source :)

Hey! don't bother me at all