Better Night Ranger ballad?

Night Ranger ballad  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any Night Ranger fans here?

As you know, "Sister Christian" was the most "well known" or most popular of the two...

But my personal favorite Night Ranger ballad has always been, "When You Close Your Eyes"!

I love it...so that one takes it for me!

Which one is your favorite?

I don't even remotely like 'Sister Christian' and 'When you close your eyes' is by far my favourite track off that disc.

But 'Forever all over again' defeats both. :)

I don't even remotely like 'Sister Christian' and 'When you close your eyes' is by far my favourite track off that disc.

But 'Forever all over again' defeats both. :)

Backed on both counts. I even prefer some of their other ballads ("Goodbye", "I Did It For Love", "Sentimental Street", "Restless Kind") to these two. Though it's always a fine line assessing what actually is a ballad with Night Ranger as their tunes are all so mid/low tempo...

Like TIM, I also prefer 'Goodbye' and 'Sentimental Street', but these are still 2 great ballads.Like a few others, I have heard 'Sister Christian' so many times, I voted for 'When You Close Your Eyes' instead.

I actually prefer When I Call On You over any of the others - although Sentimental Street and Goodbye are top notch as well. I'd listen to When You Close Your Eyes any day before that overplayed/overhyped/heard-it-a-million-times/they-do-have-OTHER-songs, you-know? Sister Christian. I'd rate The Night Has A Way and Music Box from Feeding Off The Mojo miles above it, too. Of course, to the casual observer, that album gets ignored because Jack Blades and Jeff Watson ain't on it, which is a mindless reason for ignoring it in the first place. Strange how something as peaceful as a ballad can get me off on a rant.

When You Close Your Eyes over Sister Christian, both great songs :tumbsup:

Sentimental Street is the ultimate for me and I love - Fool In Me :bowdown::bowdown:

I will go off the board and choose the touchingly sentimental song "Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight". That song always makes me cry...

:P

'When You Close Your Eyes' on this list even if "Sentimental street" is my fave ballad from the band.

I don't even remotely like 'Sister Christian'...

...'Forever all Over Again' defeats both. :)

I actuallly do like "Sister Christian," even if it's just a teensy weensy little bit overplayed, and that's the song I voted for in this poll. But Geoff is very much correct in his assertion that "Forever all Over Again" is Night Ranger's all-time best ballad.

But Geoff is very much correct in his assertion that "Forever all Over Again" is Night Ranger's all-time best ballad.

No he isn't.

Like I care about the opinion of a talentless guitar hack.

But Geoff is very much correct in his assertion that "Forever all Over Again" is Night Ranger's all-time best ballad.

No he isn't.

I think you will find that in this case, I am very correct.

No he isn't.

I disagree also...bring it!

No he isn't.

Aren't you that guy who thought there was a sound issue with Trixter's 'Hear!'

In which case, my point is proven. I am correct. ;)

No he isn't.

Like I care about the opinion of a talentless guitar hack.

No, that was me, I stopped letting Viv Campbell post using my account... ;)

Happy b'day btw Mark! :drink:

No he isn't.

Aren't you that guy who thought there was a sound issue with Trixter's 'Hear!'

In which case, my point is proven. I am correct. ;)

Exactly...since I'm the only one who can hear properly (the terrible sounding Hear cd)...I'm right ;)