Victorian Bushfires..

phaffas

Ive only just realised the extent of how bad the fires in Victoria are... 700 homes lost, 65 people dead.... expected to rise.

How are our members from down that way doing?

They are saying the number killed will be more like 100 before this is all over.

We had one in the next suburb which was a grass fire but that took out only two homes but there is a big one about half an hour away from us which covered us in smoke on Saturday and a couple of others have destroyed the entire towns.....It is really bad but again all the damage is in the country towns that are surrounded by forests so you will find all us members done here will have no problems :tumbsup:

Ive only just realised the extent of how bad the fires in Victoria are... 700 homes lost, 65 people dead.... expected to rise.

How are our members from down that way doing?

They are saying the number killed will be more like 100 before this is all over.

We had one in the next suburb which was a grass fire but that took out only two homes but there is a big one about half an hour away from us which covered us in smoke on Saturday and a couple of others have destroyed the entire towns.....It is really bad but again all the damage is in the country towns that are surrounded by forests so you will find all us members done here will have no problems :tumbsup:

glad to hear...

As noted in another thread, count is up to 108 and only expected to climb further. Unbelievable. And the worst of it all? Apparently there are reports that some of the fires were lit by c*nt arsonists.

I had no idea you were so close to it, Dave, glad to hear all was okay for you.

Man, so many sad stories, though. I was astounded when I'd heard that 14 people had died on Saturday night... 108 is incomprehensible.

As noted in another thread, count is up to 108 and only expected to climb further. Unbelievable. And the worst of it all? Apparently there are reports that some of the fires were lit by c*nt arsonists.

I had no idea you were so close to it, Dave, glad to hear all was okay for you.

Man, so many sad stories, though. I was astounded when I'd heard that 14 people had died on Saturday night... 108 is incomprehensible.

It's 130+ now dead, it's just unbelieveable what's happening here and words can not describe it.

I've just heard the house my brother used to live in a few years ago was one that burnt down in Marysville but supposedly that entire town is no longer and they also know people who died in that fire.

We here were never at risk but there was a grass fire about 5 minutes from us which did not get much news because it was not big compared to the others but driving to work seeing a huge area burnt out on both sides of the highway was a real eerie feeling.

And as you said Geoff, some of these stories coming out have brought a tear to the eye......They had no hope in hell.....very sad stuff this is.

Fuckin sucks big time. I hope they collar these pricks who started the fires if that proves to be the case!

We phoned a friend iin Victoria this morning (or Wendy did) to make sure she and her family were okay.

To you Aussies.....chin up folks you know us guys will be praying for you all! Be safe! :headbanger:

Fuckin sucks big time. I hope they collar these pricks who started the fires if that proves to be the case!

We phoned a friend iin Victoria this morning (or Wendy did) to make sure she and her family were okay.

To you Aussies.....chin up folks you know us guys will be praying for you all! Be safe! :headbanger:

Backed on that one mate - Hang in there guys!

Yeah, truly shocking on all levels.

To think that these fires were started by arsonists....who then back to re-start some....is beyond belief.

Heart goes out to all the families affected by this tragedy.

Yeah, same here, mate. I've seen some pics of 6 car pile-ups of cars trying to escape where you can only imagine a complete lack of vision. And what would have followed the crash is unimaginable...

• My Little Pony
Is it confirmed arson? Was it the work of radical muslims ?

I wanna know who would do such a horrendous act and see justice dealt as much you guys do, but let's not go putting words in reporters mouths. It's not right to immediately accuse someone of doing this, even if it does turn out to be who you expected. Let our thoughts be with the victims and their families. My prayers go out for them, for the Aussies on the site, and for Australia as a whole. :(

• 2023 Gold Donors

I wanna know who would do such a horrendous act and see justice dealt as much you guys do, but let's not go putting words in reporters mouths. It's not right to immediately accuse someone of doing this, even if it does turn out to be who you expected. Let our thoughts be with the victims and their families. My prayers go out for them, for the Aussies on the site, and for Australia as a whole. :(

Umm...those were questions not accusations...see the two question marks ? :crazy:

• My Little Pony

Umm...those were questions not accusations...see the two question marks ? :crazy:

I know, but others may interpret it as an accusation. Sorry for sounding do pointed.

I know, but others may interpret it as an accusation. Sorry for sounding do pointed.

I thought it was a joke. If it was a serious question, I'm no private investigator but I'm guessing pretty heavily it was not muslims. I doubt there are muslims anywhere within 500kms of the areas that were burnt that bad.

Just terrible. I heard some of it was arson. They ought to catch the sum bitch and set him/her on fire....

guys, i cannot believe the footage i have been seeing on tv.it looks like a nuke was dropped on those towns.i hope they catch the evil,heartless c**nt(s) who caused so much heartbreak and horror.

we are about over a hours drive from the nearest fires at Kilmore,still havn't heard from our friends there but have a feeling they will be helping out in the town centre.

170+ confirmed dead now. This is just insane.

And some towns that are compeltely guttered haven't even been searched yet.

And to think that the worst of the fires is said to be have started by an arsonist. It's impossible to understand the persons mentality.

They are saying that at least 4 of the fires were the result of arsonists and they have also said that one of the big fires had four ignition points along the stretch of a highway so this or these fuckwads have stopped four times over a certain distance and lit fires to ensure it was huge.......well the fuckin' arseholes have suceeded and killed many in doing so.

It is also horific that they are now saying the death toll could be around 300 before this is all over...It really is gut wrenching this.

An amazing picture here of a firefighter giving a Koala bear a drink.....normaly they would not go near a human....This brought a tear to the eye as well.

0,,6480015,00.jpg