Alias To Finally Release Long Awaited Second CD

aXe mAn

Angelmilk Records is extremely pleased to announce the signing of cult AOR heroes Alias for the long overdue release of their classic never released second studio album, to be titled Never Say Never.

The album's release comes after Angelmilk's Andrew McNeice spoke at length with the band's guitarist Steve DeMarchi and representatives of EMI Canada, who the album was originally recorded for. EMI were so enthused with the idea, they decided to undertake the remastering process from original master tapes themselves and will control the release of the title in North America. Rights for the world outside North America are with Angelmilk Records and a release across all territories is planned for March. An exact release date will be confirmed this week and announced ASAP.

In 1990, former members of both Sheriff ("When I'm With You") & Heart formed Alias and released their self-titled debut album which went on to Platinum sales and chart topping songs including "Haunted Heart", "Waiting For Love" and "More Than Words Can Say". Now after more than 18 years, here it is...the second Alias album...for all the fans who have asked through the years why the band never followed up their highly praised debut release! Recorded over a five month period in West Orange, New Jersey USA back in 1992, this album has not seen the light of day until now! A few of the songs from these sessions were later re-recorded and appear on vocalist Freddy Curci's solo debut release Dreamer's Road, but other then that, the songs originally recorded, have remained in the vaults. Among the tracks featured are several songs written by James Christian (House Of Lords) and Mark Baker (Signal). It is fully expected that Alias will support the release of this record with a few select live performances in 2009.

Guitarist Steve DeMarchi states: "Unfortunately for us and many other rock bands at that time .. the Grunge scene exploded and had taken over ... Even though the first Alias album was successful...the climate of music had changed almost overnight... Grunge was in ... Rock was out. Through the years we always wondered if this album would ever get released...Never Say Never!"

The Band: Freddy Curci - Vocals / Steve DeMarchi - Guitars / Marco Mendoza - Bass / Larry Aberman - Drums / Robert O'Hearn - Keyboards / Dennis DeMarchi - Keyboards.

WebLinks: www.myspace.com/theofficialalias / www.angelmilkrecords.co.uk.

Track Listing:

01. Woman Enough

02. XTCOI

03. How Much Longer Is Forever

04. Give Me A Reason To Stay

05. Wild Wild One

06. Pleasure And Pain

07. The Warden

08. Bare Necessity

09. All I Want Is You

10. Call Of The Wild

11. Diamonds

12. Play Me A Song

13. We Want It All

Bonus tracks:

14. Perfect World

15. Into The Fire

16. Call Me

17. Who Do You Think You Are

18. When I'm With You (live acoustic version)

Courtesy of www.angelmilkrecords.co.uk

Wow. The truth is, there are a lot more fillers on this one than on the amazing debut, but it is still a great disc, with a lot of great songs too. 'Call Me' is one of the best slabs of melodic rock I have ever heard... and 18 tracks. WOW! Awesome.

Now, the question on every Aussie's mind. If Andrew is releasing this, does that mean we will be able to buy it for a nice reasonable splendid price??

Wow. The truth is, there are a lot more fillers on this one than on the amazing debut, but it is still a great disc, with a lot of great songs too. 'Call Me' is one of the best slabs of melodic rock I have ever heard... and 18 tracks. WOW! Awesome.

Now, the question on every Aussie's mind. If Andrew is releasing this, does that mean we will be able to buy it for a nice reasonable splendid price??

& more to the point - will they play Firefest :tumbsup:

good question :beerbang:

I can see the commercial sense of doing this, but honestly.... there were some very good reasons why this was never released. The main one being that it's chock-full of filler songs, with only 1 or 2 that are anywhere close to the material from the debut album. I had a cd-r of this for ages but eventually recorded over it - & I LOVED the debut album.

• My Little Pony

I can't wait. I don't think there are as many fillers as people are suggesting. I love both albums, and I can't wait to own an official release (with bonus tracks :bananamac:)

Some of those songs are available on Freddy Curci's solo albums. Wondering if there'd be any difference in sound between "Diamonds", "Bare Necessity"or "Into The Fire " on Curci's album and Alias album.

Nevertheless great news for AOR lovers.

I can see the commercial sense of doing this, but honestly.... there were some very good reasons why this was never released. The main one being that it's chock-full of filler songs, with only 1 or 2 that are anywhere close to the material from the debut album. I had a cd-r of this for ages but eventually recorded over it - & I LOVED the debut album.

Backed 1000%.

Who cares? That's only of interest to millionaires and foreigners. ;)

Who cares? That's only of interest to millionaires and foreigners. ;)

thats includes you van der sar ;)

Yeah I agree there is a bit of filler on this disc but enough great tracks to make it an essential purchase for me. Man I'd love to see this band live.

"Call Me" is a good tune, though it was a left-over from the S/T album rather than a tune recorded for the 2nd album. It was the b-side to the "Waiting For Love" single, which really goes to prove my point. Even one of the best songs on this 2nd album was only a b-side to a single from the debut CD. "All I Want Is You" is probably the only song I really like on this album, & even that isn't an Alias original song....

"Call Me" is a good tune, though it was a left-over from the S/T album rather than a tune recorded for the 2nd album. It was the b-side to the "Waiting For Love" single, which really goes to prove my point. Even one of the best songs on this 2nd album was only a b-side to a single from the debut CD. "All I Want Is You" is probably the only song I really like on this album, & even that isn't an Alias original song....

Did not know that about 'Call me', but I am not a bit surprised to find that out. I wonder why it got left off the debut...

Did not know that about 'Call me', but I am not a bit surprised to find that out. I wonder why it got left off the debut...

'Call Me' is also on my cd single of 'More Than Words Can Say' along with 'Who Do You Think You Are', so that's 2 B'Sides.

i liked the second alias as well. have the boot. alot more rockin, not as many

choices for singles.. Looking forward to purchasing the official release and more importantly to seeing Alias live! Freddy Curci has been one of my fave vocalists since the "Sheriff" days.

Call Me has been removed from the release due to the CD clocking over 80 mins. Release is likely on March 9 or 15....still waiting for EMI to confirm shipping of the master.

choices for singles.. Looking forward to purchasing the official release and more importantly to seeing Alias live! Freddy Curci has been one of my fave vocalists since the "Sheriff" days.

Call Me has been removed from the release due to the CD clocking over 80 mins. Release is likely on March 9 or 15....still waiting for EMI to confirm shipping of the master.

:lol: You're kidding, aren't you? Surely that is universally considered the best song on this thing. :( ... :crying:

So what costs are Aussies looking at for this one? :)

... although, honestly, without 'Call me' I probably wouldn't purchase it... but I'm still interested. What other releases can we look forward to?

Okay, I have to ask. Why not 'When I'm With You (live acoustic version)' instead of 'Call me'? ;)

:lol: You're kidding, aren't you? Surely that is universally considered the best song on this thing. :( ... :crying:

... although, honestly, without 'Call me' I probably wouldn't purchase it... but I'm still interested. What other releases can we look forward to?

i'm with you here............ prob may not buy without my "call me".................. it's heaven to play that song on those cd singles..

hmm.... ok, i'd end up buying the new alias but most liley further down the track.. it wont be a priority..

i'm with you here............ prob may not buy without my "call me".................. it's heaven to play that song on those cd singles..

hmm.... ok, i'd end up buying the new alias but most liley further down the track.. it wont be a priority..

I find it hilarious that of 18 tracks the one single song that made this album for me is the one that was selected to be cut. Those odds, 1/18 are incredible. And people think there's a God?! HAHA! Fools.

• My Little Pony

I find it hilarious that of 18 tracks the one single song that made this album for me is the one that was selected to be cut. Those odds, 1/18 are incredible. And people think there's a God?! HAHA! Fools.

There is a God, and he's got a great sense of humor!!