Alias To Finally Release Long Awaited Second CD

aXe mAn

i liked the second alias as well. have the boot. alot more rockin, not as many

choices for singles.. Looking forward to purchasing the official release and more importantly to seeing Alias live! Freddy Curci has been one of my fave vocalists since the "Sheriff" days.

Call Me has been removed from the release due to the CD clocking over 80 mins. Release is likely on March 9 or 15....still waiting for EMI to confirm shipping of the master.

too bad!!

• My Little Pony

choices for singles.. Looking forward to purchasing the official release and more importantly to seeing Alias live! Freddy Curci has been one of my fave vocalists since the "Sheriff" days.

Call Me has been removed from the release due to the CD clocking over 80 mins. Release is likely on March 9 or 15....still waiting for EMI to confirm shipping of the master.

Okay, I have to ask. Why not 'When I'm With You (live acoustic version)' instead of 'Call me'? ;)

That's a good question. Where is 'Call Me' from?

Okay, I have to ask. Why not 'When I'm With You (live acoustic version)' instead of 'Call me'? ;)

As I learnt from the above posters, 'Call me' is actually a b-side on a couple of the singles from the first album.

My question, though, is... it has obviously popped up on all the bootleg copies of the 2nd album we all have, so was it intended to be released as an album track on album 2? And if so, surely it is the most essential song from the disc. :)

It was the band's decision...

Call Me has already been released (in some form at least), these remaining tracks have not, so preference was given to those I guess.

I'll have the masters next week and will upload MP3 samples to re-inspire those upset at this news.

Release date likely to be March 9 or 16.

i think there's an Alias cd (ep) that has Perfect World, Call me and a couple of others..

As I learnt from the above posters, 'Call me' is actually a b-side on a couple of the singles from the first album.

My question, though, is... it has obviously popped up on all the bootleg copies of the 2nd album we all have, so was it intended to be released as an album track on album 2? And if so, surely it is the most essential song from the disc. :)

I think the answer to that is no. I have a bootleg that I got from Kelv Hellrazer (ex-Kerrang! journalist) at the time it was due to be released, and "Call Me" isn't on it. Having said that, I do think there are a few of these songs that will be on the 2nd album that were recorded for the 1st album & not used....

• My Little Pony

My Alias II mp3s came via Andrew at MelodicRock, and it doesn't have 'Call Me' on it. Somebody's gonna have to send that to me. ;)

Due to fan feedback, I am currently (with urgency) talking to Steve DeMarchi and EMI Canada to get the acoustic track swapped out for Call Me - just for the Euro Angelmilk Version.

Stay tuned...

Haha, awesome news. Good luck, mate. It'd be great to see 'Call me' make the cut.

Due to fan feedback, I am currently (with urgency) talking to Steve DeMarchi and EMI Canada to get the acoustic track swapped out for Call Me - just for the Euro Angelmilk Version.

Stay tuned...

finally!!! :)

what an album this will be with the added inclusion of "call me" :beerbang:

WOW ! Congrats, Andrew ! Great job !!! :drink:

Just talked to Steve DeMarchi and he and Freddy are ok with the idea.

Talked to EMI Canada again and I am now just taking delivery of the master file for "Call Me".

Now all I have to do is learn how to use Adobe Indesign in under 2hrs and fix the artwork, then I can get this baby to press.

Just to confirm - Angelmilk version fo Alias will contain Call Me and will drop the acoustic version of When I'm With You.

And after hearing the master yesterday, I absolutely agree that this is the best move for this release.

The North American release will not feature Call Me.

Cheers for the feedback!

Best Regards,

Andrew.

PS. Soundbytes this week...but most of you are obviously familiar with the material :)

Talked to EMI Canada again and I am now just taking delivery of the master file for "Call Me".

Now all I have to do is learn how to use Adobe Indesign in under 2hrs and fix the artwork, then I can get this baby to press.

Just to confirm - Angelmilk version fo Alias will contain Call Me and will drop the acoustic version of When I'm With You.

And after hearing the master yesterday, I absolutely agree that this is the best move for this release.

Cheers for the feedback!

Best Regards,

Andrew.

PS. Soundbytes this week...but most of you are obviously familiar with the material :)

i can just imagine the sales figues............ angelmilks version hitting platinum wilst the emi version barely moves.

congrats on the fine effort :):beerbang:

Cheers for the feedback!

Best Regards,

Andrew.

Interesting that it sounds like Steve & Freddy needed a little persuading about this one. I guess they thought they might pick up some extra sales & be able to promote this on the basis of the inclusion of "When I'm With You" (which, frankly, is about the only song most of the population would know from these guys - albeit their previous band). From a pure listening experience point of view, this is a very good move....

I've had a boot of it for some years, but only an 11 track version...it'll be nice to have a legit release with decent packaging.....not as stellar as the debut, but not as easily dismissed as some may suggest ...I'm looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

So the version I have has a different tracklisting to this, but I have been spinning it quite a bit recently & here is my rundown of the tunes. Note: My version has a bonus track: "Heat of the Night" (demo), which is awesome & easily the best track on the entire disc. In fact it's better than "Call Me" & really should've been added to this disc IMO....

01. Woman Enough - Standard Hard Rock song, nice chorus & more powerful than the songs on the S/T

02. XTCOI - Again a Harder rocking tune, pretty throwaway

03. How Much Longer Is Forever - More melodic tune, but missing a big chorus hook

04. Give Me A Reason To Stay - ???? This one's not on my copy

05. Wild Wild One - Another samey Hard Rock song. Okay & a decent chorus, but no big hook

06. Pleasure And Pain - Excellent slower tune, nice big harmonies - like a House of Lords tune

07. The Warden - Bluesy song, nice guitar but very ordinary song. Skip it

08. Bare Necessity - Another very samey Hard Rock song, again nice harmonies but missing something

09. All I Want Is You - Killer. Much more melodic tune, with a slightly cheesy (but catchy) chorus.

10. Call Of The Wild - Slightly samey again, but a bigger hook than some others. Nice

11. Diamonds - Laid back ballad. Great vocals but needs a bigger hook. Could've been better IMO

12. Play Me A Song - Real throwaway stuff, like a Poison tune - no hooks here at all

13. We Want It All - Much stronger melodic number. Great harmonies, strong chorus

Bonus tracks:

14. Perfect World - Not heard the full Alias version

15. Into The Fire - ???

16. Call Me - Great melodic number. B-side to "Waiting For Love" & a killer hooky tune

17. Who Do You Think You Are - ????

Note: My version ends with "Life Goes On", a plodding ballad that goes on forever & has rightly been cut from here.

• 3 weeks later...

This cd does rival the debut now that it is backed with a great production & sound. I don't remember being this impressed by the demos floating around. Pick this one up, you'll enjoy it!