Michael Bolton first three albums

Guest lalorock

Agreed on the first 2 for sure!. 'The Hunger' has some great tunes, but not as consistent. 'Soul Provider' and 'Time Love And Tenderness' had some good tracks on them aswell, and there has been the odd song since, but not much else to 'Rock' home about. He's still got an awesome voice though for sure.

The first 3 are great and as Jez says, subsequent songs are pretty good, always liked his vocals too.

Only just finished playing Everybody`s Crazy - excellent album :tumbsup:

If we all just keep quiet, maybe he'll stay in hiding and never record again. (Fingers crossed)

:lol:

His best work was landing Nicolette Sheridan...

No doubt. Still not sure how.

He walked up to her in a bar and said "Hey baby! Can I buy you a drink?" And she replied " You don't have to, I'll sleep with anybody".

It was love at first Alcoholic Haze!!!! :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...

I think my fave is his first album, I prefer it to Everybodys crazy. But after the Hunger :crying: he started peddling the kind of nonsense he did on his first two solo releases (as Michael Bolotin) except with better production. Yuk!

But yeah the 1st two releases are essential and the Hunger is well worth getting but a slight drop song wise.

I think my fave is his first album, I prefer it to Everybodys crazy. But after the Hunger :crying: he started peddling the kind of nonsense he did on his first two solo releases (as Michael Bolotin) except with better production. Yuk!

But yeah the 1st two releases are essential and the Hunger is well worth getting but a slight drop song wise.

The Hunger has some great songs too but the first 2 albums are possibly better :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

The Hunger is a great title......considering he's "homeless" after being kicked outta his house by his girlpal!

Homeless in that sense probably means living in a five star hotel until he can be bothered looking for a new mansion!

saw him in concert last week, great chops still!!!

• 1 year later...

'Fools Game', 'She Did The Same Thing' & 'Can't Turn It Off' are absolute killer tunes - 80's AOR/MR at it's very best.

• Like 1

• 11 years later...

It was with trepidation that I forked out $4 to get the Everybody's Crazy cd recently. It just arrived in the mail. I didn't open it straight away cause I didn't want anyone to see the title. "New Album who's it by?" said the postmistress who knows my cd obsession. "Yeah,  it's ummm... Motley Crue" I lied.

When I got home I put on the title track and holy crap... it is an awesome song. Still, I wish he changed his name when he went all Mother's Day gift musically. I am worried someone will spot the cd on my shelf and then think I'm a wanker with shit taste...

Fuck you Michael Bolton. But I do like this album...

Edited by auslander
  • Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
50 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I like the albums up to 'Soul Provider' but after that album it's been downhill all the way.  A few good songs here and there. 

I agree, but post "Soul Provider" he was banging Nichollette Sheridan in her prime.

Surely that must count for something?

Mr. Cheese was good with Blackjack too, especially on the the "Worlds Apart" album. Very nice FM Radio Rock.

Without a doubt the most phenomenal and cultivating musical performer in the history of all music, his story will go down in history with the likes of only Jesus H Christ, Im petitioning for it be mandated all school music programs must be required to teach at least one semester of Bolton covering all aspects of his legendary pop career, and have at least 1 day a week where kids are allowed to sit back, while the teacher doesnt speak but only plays Boltons classics, then read off his lyrics in a poetic style to encourage kids to explore their most deepest poetry styles, I even believe there needs to be a centralized Bolton museum carrying nothing but Bolton memo and para.