What's of most importance in deciding and choosing when to buy an

What's of most importance in deciding and choosing when to buy an unknown used cd?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a bit of everything and if they are all there than I will surely be buying it even if I've never heard of it.

Awesome picture was what I voted for, but back in the day I used to also note the date of release, the label, any guest song writers I might be interested in and also the song titles. That's pretty much the rundown on what I decided to buy or not. But band photo was always number one.

Nowadays there is nowhere (and no money) to buy used CDs so I don't anymore. :(

Awesome picture was what I voted for, but back in the day I used to also note the date of release, the label, any guest song writers I might be interested in and also the song titles. That's pretty much the rundown on what I decided to buy or not. But band photo was always number one.

Nowadays there is nowhere (and no money) to buy used CDs so I don't anymore. :(

:agree: What he said.

I picked I! :tumbsup:

If it's in the H.H. data base and cheap, I'll pick it up!!! :headbanger:

F & D really don't make any scense. If it's unknown, how can you tell what it sounds like? :unsure:

When you buy used cd's you don't look inside and read the insert?

If inside the insert it states a name I know or what the band members play, it often states the instruments and who provides lead and background vocals, all these things make it a safer purchase.

I'd say mainly G but a few others would be taken into consideration........if it was cheap :lol:

F & D really don't make any scense. If it's unknown, how can you tell what it sounds like? :unsure:

If inside the insert it states a name I know or what the band members play, it often states the instruments and who provides lead and background vocals, all these things make it a safer purchase.

Sometimes you can't open a used c.d. due to the fact that It's resealed or have this plastic device on it. I sometimes look at what the band looks like to try and guess if they play hard rock or metal. Most of the time it's just a shot in the dark when it comes to taking a chance!

Sometimes you can't open a used c.d. due to the fact that It's resealed or have this plastic device on it. I sometimes look at what the band looks like to try and guess if they play hard rock or metal. Most of the time it's just a shot in the dark when it comes to taking a chance!

My greatest so called shot in the dark was in 1992. In a cheap bin of tapes I came across a cover with a hot chick on the cover, I just had to buy it. I turned to be from what is now one of if not my favourite all time bands, Lillian Axe and their '89 release Love & War.

A & B are important , but most important for me is probably year of release. The closer to the 80's, the better. Not saying there aren't good releases in the late 90's and 00's, but they are not as many and few possesses that 80's sound that I'm often after.

When searching for obscure CD's I actually think alternative H is important too. OK, I don't care if anyone else owns it, but if it isn't in the HH database at least I can submit it and make other people aware of it.

Just beware, HANSEN looked like rockers and look at the crap they put out!! :2up:

Which Hanson are we talking about? To me they look like a bunch of human coloured baby smurfs.

Just beware, HANSEN looked like rockers and look at the crap they put out!! :2up:

Which Hanson are we talking about? To me they look like a bunch of human coloured baby smurfs.

:rofl2:

You know!

When they were 12!

I sold it to you last week!! :rofl2::nyanya:

And it hasn't been out of my CD player since.

You know!

When they were 12!

I sold it to you last week!! :rofl2::nyanya:

And it hasn't been out of my CD player since.

Gotta love backing vocals!

WHOOOOA! YEEEAAAHHH!

I love that big backing vocal sound and when I used to prowl the used CD shops, I always checked the inserts to see if the whole band did backing vox or not. I was also a sucker for the "big hair" band photo as well as cool song titles. If a CD had those 3 things going for it, more often than not it went home with me easier than a fat pug-faced hermaphroditic hooker goes home with Geoff.

Gotta love backing vocals!

more often than not it went home with me easier than a fat pug-faced hermaphroditic hooker goes home with Geoff.

Come on man, doesn't keeping a secret mean anything to you anymore. :(

Firstly, I look for a good cover, followed by a band photo, followed by the the release date. If all those things appeal and it's cheap, I'll usually give it a shot. One thing I can say is, that if an unknown used CD has a really bad album cover, I won't even pick it up to inspect further, I'll just keep looking.

• 5 weeks later...