Hinder - Take It To The Limit

T-BONE

:beerbang:

Wow! So far, after listening to the tracks all the way through, I'll go as far to say I personally think it's better than their debut.

http://www.hindermusic.com/

http://www.myspace.com/hindermusic

61OxNb621aL._SS400_.jpg

1. Use Me

2. Loaded and Alone

3. Last Kiss Goodbye

4. Up All Night

5. Without You

6. Take It to the Limit

7. The Best is Yet to Come

8. Heaven Sent

9. Thing for You

10. Lost in the Sun

11. Far from Home

Take It To The Limit" is Hinder's much anticipated follow-up album to their breakthrough 3X platinum smash Extreme Behavior. The new CD, Take It To The Limit, was produced by Extreme Behavior producer Brian Howes, Largely credited with reviving the `live fast-play hard' work ethic embodied by many of rock's seminal 1970s bands, Hinder blazed new trails in virtually every music platform the past two years. Their epic 2006 debut album launched three successful singles, including the multi-format #1 smash "Lips Of An Angel," earning a dizzying array of chart-topping honors. The hit song was also recognized as Active Rock Radio's most popular rock single of 2006. Extreme Behavior became a mainstay of the Billboard Top 200 Album charts for nearly a year and a half, endearing them to a diverse array of rock fans as Hinder soared to become one of the most successful grassroots-artist development stories of the decade. The band also conquered the digital and ringtone arenas, becoming the biggest selling rock artist in the history of the mobile formats, reaching a record breaking 3 million in ringtone sales thanks to their rock anthem "Lips Of An Angel," which was the scorching second single from their 2006 debut effort. The multi-format smash seized the #1 spot on both the Top 40 Pop Radio Chart and the Digital Download Chart, putting the Oklahoma fivesome on or near the top of multiple radio, video and digital charts. The across-the-board smash has been certified by the RIAA as the first and only triple platinum Mastertone in rock music history.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my thoughts from another thread:

I was obviously too wrapped up in how good the actual songs were to notice that there are only 3 songs on this album that don't actually have a solo. There's solos all over this thing. Not quite the standard of Disciple, but good melodic solos.

As for this disc... it is every bit as good as I first thought and maybe more. I can find a few equals, but there are no/few better songs this year than "Loaded and Alone", "Last Kiss Goodbye", "Heaven Sent", "Thing for You" and "Lost in the Sun". They're my faves of this album, but everything inbetween is just perfect too. They start of with 2 rockers and then from then on it's one hard rocker/one ballad and to be honest it works well. There are a lot of ballads, but because they keep them between the rockers it works well. This is album just kicks my ass.

And I'm going to be so suspicious of anyone hard rock fan's motives if they say this is shit... because this is almost the most 80's sounding hard rock disc of the year behind Rockarma. Oh, and I thought the debut was amazing - no fillers - but this one absolutely destroys it. That how much I love it.

Backed 100% - Im glad a new thread has opened up in 'hard Rock' because there's no way this can really be classed as 'modern'.

Backed on the flawless statement as well. There really isnt a weak moment on the disc.

If I was pushed to name favs at the moment, id have to go with the rockers - prob 'Heaven Sent' and 'Lost In The Sun', but seriously all the ballads are great too.

Great album.

Similar to what we've been saying, here's the review at melodic.net:

After almost 2 decades in the music business, the Canadian band Harem Scarem decided to part ways due to their falling stardom and poor sales of their albums.

The irony in this is that the million selling modern rock band Hinder sound even more like Harem Scarem on their follow up "Take it to the limit" which will be released this week.

Hinder's frontman Austin Winkler's voice reminds a bit of Harry Hess and the music flirts with the 80's party hard rock a la Def Leppard, Kiss and Bon Jovi.

I was wondering if Hinder and producer Brian Howes would write a bunch of new "Lips of an angel" sounding ballads since that song was a major hit in the U.S but what we get on the new album are plenty of rockers.

You can singalong to almost every song here and songs like "Up all night" and the title track "Take it to the limit" will be just as perfect between "Heavens on fire" by Kiss and "Bad medicine" by Bon Jovi on a party mix tape.

The first single "Use me" is already a huge hit on active rock radio, the second single "Without you" is an average rock ballad that cannot match "Lips of an angel" but listen to "Loaded and alone" or "Last kiss goodbye" - we're talking great modern rock where both songs could be featured on a Best of by Harem Scarem.

My next contender for a single is "Heaven sent", that chorus won't leave your head for days.

A super safe buy!

Because my annoying opinion is everywhere else on the board I'll put it in this thread too:

"Use Me" ; Monster hard rock opener. The first three songs are outstanding and this is a killer way to start off any disc.

"Loaded and Alone" ; Sing-a-along melodic/commercial hard rocker - arguably the stand-out track of the album. Agruably. Because there are plenty more. Absolutely LOVE this song. I get a little chill every time I hear about the lady he left back home...

"Last Kiss Goodbye" ; Probably my fave of the ballads - absolutely stunning. If you didn't hear the rest of the album and know what the band is all about, you'd call this heartfelt and sincere because it sounds that way... but he's a naughty sex-lovin' boy and you know he's just singing it to get more sex. Flawless.

"Up All Night" ; One of several straight up hard rockers - this is commercial hard rock heaven for the radio. Great stadium filling number.

"Without You" ; Perhaps a little 'by the numbers', but that doesn't make it any less delicious. I love this one.

"Take it to the Limit" ; Like 'Up all night' this is pure fun catchy commercial hard rock. Sounds almost like Kiss' mid-80's efforts.

"The Best Is Yet To Come" ; imo the weakest of the ballads, but could sit on most other albums as the best song on there. Great track, surrounded by perfection.

"Heaven Sent" ; This one kicks off a trio of absolute bliss. I said 'Loaded and alone' was arguably the best of the disc... well so is this. SO good it makes me hurt. Picture Bon Jovi 'New Jersey' and you'll get an idea of this one.

"Thing for You" ; My other favourite ballad. LOVE this one. Sounds a billion dollars. Completely immaculate.

"Lost in the Sun" ; Another in a long list of my faves. Sweet sentimental commercial hard rock bliss. Another song I can simply not fault.

"Far from Home" Sounding like a broken record, this is more brilliance. To say that this is my 3rd fave ballad is the highest compliment one can possibly pay to the other two. This song is wonderful, a delightful way to close off the disc.

In summary, this crucifies the filler-free 'Extreme Behaviour' which just amazes me, and I have decided it is (sorry Disciple!!) the best album of the year. Absolutely marvelous.

Because my annoying opinion is everywhere else on the board I'll put it in this thread too:

"Use Me" ; Monster hard rock opener. The first three songs are outstanding and this is a killer way to start off any disc.

"Loaded and Alone" ; Sing-a-along melodic/commercial hard rocker - arguably the stand-out track of the album. Agruably. Because there are plenty more. Absolutely LOVE this song. I get a little chill every time I hear about the lady he left back home...

"Last Kiss Goodbye" ; Probably my fave of the ballads - absolutely stunning. If you didn't hear the rest of the album and know what the band is all about, you'd call this heartfelt and sincere because it sounds that way... but he's a naughty sex-lovin' boy and you know he's just singing it to get more sex. Flawless.

"Up All Night" ; One of several straight up hard rockers - this is commercial hard rock heaven for the radio. Great stadium filling number.

"Without You" ; Perhaps a little 'by the numbers', but that doesn't make it any less delicious. I love this one.

"Take it to the Limit" ; Like 'Up all night' this is pure fun catchy commercial hard rock. Sounds almost like Kiss' mid-80's efforts.

"The Best Is Yet To Come" ; imo the weakest of the ballads, but could sit on most other albums as the best song on there. Great track, surrounded by perfection.

"Heaven Sent" ; This one kicks off a trio of absolute bliss. I said 'Loaded and alone' was arguably the best of the disc... well so is this. SO good it makes me hurt. Picture Bon Jovi 'New Jersey' and you'll get an idea of this one.

"Thing for You" ; My other favourite ballad. LOVE this one. Sounds a billion dollars. Completely immaculate.

"Lost in the Sun" ; Another in a long list of my faves. Sweet sentimental commercial hard rock bliss. Another song I can simply not fault.

"Far from Home" Sounding like a broken record, this is more brilliance. To say that this is my 3rd fave ballad is the highest compliment one can possibly pay to the other two. This song is wonderful, a delightful way to close off the disc.

In summary, this crucifies the filler-free 'Extreme Behaviour' which just amazes me, and I have decided it is (sorry Disciple!!) the best album of the year. Absolutely marvelous.

I almost agree with you. Almost.

My one (small) complaint of this album is that all the songs have the exact same theme and therefore the album becomes slightly one dimensional.

That is the only reason SOTY stays on top for me....more diversity.

But I agree this crucifies Disciple and Shinedown.

No doubt this album rocks and sounds like an '80's throwback so I definitely love it. My only complaint....every other song is a ballad. That gets on my nerves a bit..but I'll deal with it ;)

The Wallyworld version also has Hinders cover of AC/DC's Thunderstruck. They rock the hell outta it too! :banger:

WOW, THIS IS THE HARD ROCK ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!! :bowdown:

Seeing as how Chris (hardrockhaven) and I are brothers, we rarely agree, but in this case...

...nah, we still don't agree. I put Disciple: "Southern Hospitality" ahead of this (I like Disciple's heavier edge). But not by much. Just a smidgen. In other words, Hinder: "Take it to the Limit" is FUCKING FANTASTIC!!! (Hey, he shouted, so I felt I had to do the same.) Seriously, folks, this is stellar stuff with some truly unbelievable songs that any 80s hard rock band would have gladly given their left nut to have on their albums.

My one (small) complaint of this album is that all the songs have the exact same theme and therefore the album becomes slightly one dimensional.

On some days I might have been able to agree with you slightly, but to be honest this is all I want from rock n' roll. All about sex, girls, getting drunk and having wild sex... :lol: I love it. It's only rock n'roll but I f*cking love it.

What I mean, is if it was a subject matter I didn't dig I'd probably agree, but I love every lyric on the naughty and sometimes sentimental gem. Just sensational.

but to be honest this is all I want from rock n' roll. All about sex, girls, getting drunk and having wild sex... :lol: I love it. It's only rock n'roll but I f*cking love it.

you young git, wait til youre nearly 39 :crying:

but to be honest this is all I want from rock n' roll. All about sex, girls, getting drunk and having wild sex... :lol: I love it. It's only rock n'roll but I f*cking love it.

you young git, wait til youre nearly 39 :crying:

Haha... oldie. :) Seriously, I like a lot of more lyrically "deep" stuff too, but for every album like that, I also like something you don't have to think about and get swept up in... just simple good time rock n'roll. The same part of me that loves this album adores Pretty Boy Floyd's debut. I just see nothing wrong with an album full of sex-drenched naughtiness. :)

Yet again I don't get it. I mean, how many albums like this (most of them better) were released in the 80's/90's? Plus the vocals are truly awful. This isn't horrible by any means, and there are some things I really really like about this: 1. it kills the debut, which was embarrasingly bad IMO. 2. The artwork and production are awesome. 3. "Without You" is a perfect rock ballad, almost worth the entry price alone. Other than those things this is totally throwaway. And yes, I have actually listened to this. I'm pleased to see they've bettered the first album (which seriously wouldn't have been hard), but when are they gonna realise they're out of school & actually write a half-decent lyric? And why kill the momentum of your album by having every single up-tempo song followed by a ballad?

Another album that's all hype & little substance IMO....

Guest Jason Markham

Wow! There is a lot to say about this album. It is excellent. Especially the artwork. But I think on of this most excellent tracks on here is the title track with Mick Mars....he really shines! 10/10.

Just picked this one up on the way home today, and have given it one spin...

So... what marketing genius at Universal said to themselves "Ok! Let's repackage that Canuck group Harem Scarem, throw in some Playboy tits and ass packaging, and sell it to the U.S. masses!"

Whataver. It works. Damned good stuff. The lead vocals are a little raspy for my tastes (which is what made me tire of HS all the time), but musically, this thing rocks!

For those here in the states:

Two "Exclusive" editions -

1. Wal-Mart. CD+DVD edition is $15.88. 3 bonus tracks that are new songs, not just different versions: Thunderstruck (AC/DC cover), Live for Today, Running in the Rain.

2. Best Buy. CD+DVD edition is $14.99 in store, but $11.99 at BestBuy.com shipped FREE. The stores *WILL* match the web site price. 6 bonus tracks, all alternate versions:

Heaven Sent (live)

Loaded and Alone (acoustic)

Lost in the Sun (live)

The Best Is Yet to Come (acoustic)

Without You (acoustic)

Use Me (live)

Oh, and the gatefold digipak artwork of the CD+DVD edition is worth it. ;):tits:

I bought the Wallyworld version because I really could care less for live tracks, but with a DVD, I may have to look into it now ;)

1. Wal-Mart. CD+DVD edition is $15.88. 3 bonus tracks that are new songs, not just different versions: Thunderstruck (AC/DC cover), Live for Today, Running in the Rain.

I will be rocking shit up to this version tomorrow morning. FYI, I understand 'Running in the Rain' is a left-over from 'Extreme Behaviour'.

Wow, anyone here got I-Tunes? Who wants to get these for lil ol' me:

"Heartless" - 3:38

"One Night Stand" - 3:14

Both exclusive bonus tracks on I-Tunes.

EDIT: Okay, don't want to get too excited until I have these in my naughty little hands but looks like I might have found a source for these songs... plus a few b-sides from off the debut. I am f*cking excited!!! Must be calm until it actually works out for me...

Yep, I love talking to myself.