Hinder - Take It To The Limit

T-BONE

Oh, and the gatefold digipak artwork of the CD+DVD edition is worth it. ;):tits:

:o Probably the coolest artwork I've ever seen! Full of naked/semi-naked ladies all over the place! And the music rocks as well. This might be my favourite disc of the year! Superb! Excellent!! Awesome!!! :banger:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this today. The version with 6 bonus tracks. Now I must take a listen to it as well.

That's the Best Buy version with the live tracks. Get the Walmart version with the 3 tracks including Thunderstruck

OK... after being flooded with stuff to listen to, I got around to respinning this on a long trip in the truck the other night... It just dropped down a few notches on my list after that. Listening a little more intently to the lyrics, this band can't seem to get away from rewriting the same 3 songs over and over. Breaking Up/Missing Someone, Being Drunk/High/Sober, and Partying Hard. Damn near every tune mentions something about being drunk, high or sober to tell you the truth...

Need to expand in the Lyric Department just a hair... :whistle:

Aren't those exactly the same kind of lyrics every hair metal band was singing about back in the day? I appreciate the homage to the golden days with the updated sound and production. May Hinder release many more albums :headbanger: They're one of the best bands going right now imo.

• 2 weeks later...
OK... after being flooded with stuff to listen to, I got around to respinning this on a long trip in the truck the other night... It just dropped down a few notches on my list after that. Listening a little more intently to the lyrics, this band can't seem to get away from rewriting the same 3 songs over and over. Breaking Up/Missing Someone, Being Drunk/High/Sober, and Partying Hard. Damn near every tune mentions something about being drunk, high or sober to tell you the truth...

Need to expand in the Lyric Department just a hair... :whistle:

Aren't those exactly the same kind of lyrics every hair metal band was singing about back in the day? I appreciate the homage to the golden days with the updated sound and production. May Hinder release many more albums :headbanger: They're one of the best bands going right now imo.

Yeah, I find it hard to really fault the lyrics, posting in a "hair metal" forum. ;)

Ok I am listening to this now??? Damn, MUCH Better than I was thinking it would be.. Sure I love "Use Me" but I was afraid the rest of the album would suck, but thankfully it definitely doesn't!!!!

I mean, Hell, They even got Mick Mars to play on one of their tunes!!!! :headbanger:

• 2 weeks later...
Just got this today. The version with 6 bonus tracks. Now I must take a listen to it as well.

That's the Best Buy version with the live tracks. Get the Walmart version with the 3 tracks including Thunderstruck

This is bloody annoying.

Normally with these Walmart exclusives, us foreigners can pick them up on eBay, but the only one anyone is selling is the Best Buy version.

I want the bloody Walmart one for godsake!!! Dammit!!

It's decent, but I don't know it's just not kicking my ass. Maybe it's the guy's voice, I've just never liked it. The music rocks, but something just isn't pushing the needle above average for me. :blink:

• 3 years later...

Hmmmm.....bought this....musta played it (don't remember).....put it on the shelf. After all the comments, must play it again....maybe I'm missing something???

Hmmmm.....bought this....musta played it (don't remember).....put it on the shelf. After all the comments, must play it again....maybe I'm missing something???

Yep, it sounds like 80's hard rock in the 2000 + year. Great ballads as well!

I wonder what the latest is with this band. 'All American Nightmare' was released in 2010 so one would have hoped for a new disc this year. I can't see a single word of any activity at all from the band on the wikipedia page. :(

I wonder what the latest is with this band. 'All American Nightmare' was released in 2010 so one would have hoped for a new disc this year. I can't see a single word of any activity at all from the band on the wikipedia page. :(

Good news: There was a message on Twitter that their new album is finished (co-produced by James Michael)! So it's probably going to be released around November as their last two records I guess...looking forward to it!

Take it to the Limit is still one of my fave albums from the last 10 years. AAN wasn't quite up to par for me, somehow I enjoyed the production of TITTL a lot more.

Good news: There was a message on Twitter that their new album is finished (co-produced by James Michael)! So it's probably going to be released around November as their last two records I guess...looking forward to it!

Take it to the Limit is still one of my fave albums from the last 10 years. AAN wasn't quite up to par for me, somehow I enjoyed the production of TITTL a lot more.

I did actually have a sneaky look on twitter last night and probably saw the same message. Really not sure how to read twitter or what is a proper message and all that. But if I believe the message I saw, apparently this album is very different and not what you'd expect? Could be a really bad thing? Guess we'll wait and see.

I did actually have a sneaky look on twitter last night and probably saw the same message. Really not sure how to read twitter or what is a proper message and all that. But if I believe the message I saw, apparently this album is very different and not what you'd expect? Could be a really bad thing? Guess we'll wait and see.

Country and western lol................

• My Little Pony

Both of those?

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they went into that direction...and neither would I be surprised if I hated it! From what I understand AAN was a huge commercial flop wasn't it?

I'm a bit worried too Geoff!

• My Little Pony

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they went into that direction...and neither would I be surprised if I hated it! From what I understand AAN was a huge commercial flop wasn't it?

I'm a bit worried too Geoff!

If James Michael had a hand in it, I doubt it'll come out Cuntry. Maybe more modern.

Both the last 2 albums were technically big commercial flops weren't they?

Something more modern/heavy would suit me find but I would cry if they did take that more "southern" country style direction. I'd love to hear something to set my mind at ease. :)

• 2 weeks later...