Hinder - Take It To The Limit

T-BONE

Wow, anyone here got I-Tunes? Who wants to get these for lil ol' me:

"Heartless" - 3:38

"One Night Stand" - 3:14

Both exclusive bonus tracks on I-Tunes.

EDIT: Okay, don't want to get too excited until I have these in my naughty little hands but looks like I might have found a source for these songs... plus a few b-sides from off the debut. I am f*cking excited!!! Must be calm until it actually works out for me...

Yep, I love talking to myself.

I just heard that track "Heartless" on youtube...that was an awesome!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, anyone here got I-Tunes? Who wants to get these for lil ol' me:

"Heartless" - 3:38

"One Night Stand" - 3:14

Both exclusive bonus tracks on I-Tunes.

EDIT: Okay, don't want to get too excited until I have these in my naughty little hands but looks like I might have found a source for these songs... plus a few b-sides from off the debut. I am f*cking excited!!! Must be calm until it actually works out for me...

Yep, I love talking to myself.

Bump again....I just caught "One Night Stand" as well.....Holy shit...that song kicked my freakin' ass all over the place!!!! I'm heading to besy buy today to try and pick that version up. Gotta have those two songs.

Sometimes I really do love the internet. I now own (as far as I know) every Hinder bonus track there is. One thing I have to say is that whoever is making the final decision on what tracks make the albums and which ones don't sure as f*ck knows what he's doing. I'll give him/them that. My summary of the non-acoustic/live tracks after a few hungry spins:

Heartless ; another absolute winner of a ballad. I tell you now the only reason this didn't make the final cut is because it's too similar to several ballads on the new disc (this song is about being on a break in a relationship and his girl f*cking another dude in the break). Miles better than 'The best is yet to come' but similar to others on the CD. Killer song and my fave of the bonuses.

One night stand ; another fun hard rocker but the inclusion of this might have really unspiraled people who are already critical of the lyrics. It's another song about getting drunk and having sex (a one night stand with a fan). :lol: Great stuff, but not as good as any of the album tracks.

Live for today ; Another very banal track about getting drunk and living every day like it's your last. One of their weakest, but still made to sound good.

Running in the rain ; Actually surprised this one never made any albums because it's a little different. I actually really, really like this song. A bit touching, about suicidal kids and stuff. The only reason I can think of why it didn't make a disc is because the chorus is not quite as massive as their others. Great song though and my second or third fave of the bonuses.

Take me home tonight ; This is another great melodic mid-tempo rocker only slowed down by a slightly simple chorus. This is on par with 'Running in the rain'. Again, the lyrics are similar but a little off the exact norm.

Bed of Roses ; cover of Bon Jovi... really shows how weak his vocals are... but a good cover.

Born to be wild ; okay cover but not really a fan of this song anyway.

Thunderstruck ; cool cover, but I prefer the original. :)

Sometimes I really do love the internet. I now own (as far as I know) every Hinder bonus track there is. One thing I have to say is that whoever is making the final decision on what tracks make the albums and which ones don't sure as f*ck knows what he's doing. I'll give him/them that. My summary of the non-acoustic/live tracks after a few hungry spins:

Heartless ; another absolute winner of a ballad. I tell you now the only reason this didn't make the final cut is because it's too similar to several ballads on the new disc (this song is about being on a break in a relationship and his girl f*cking another dude in the break). Miles better than 'The best is yet to come' but similar to others on the CD. Killer song and my fave of the bonuses.

One night stand ; another fun hard rocker but the inclusion of this might have really unspiraled people who are already critical of the lyrics. It's another song about getting drunk and having sex (a one night stand with a fan). :lol: Great stuff, but not as good as any of the album tracks.

Live for today ; Another very banal track about getting drunk and living every day like it's your last. One of their weakest, but still made to sound good.

Running in the rain ; Actually surprised this one never made any albums because it's a little different. I actually really, really like this song. A bit touching, about suicidal kids and stuff. The only reason I can think of why it didn't make a disc is because the chorus is not quite as massive as their others. Great song though and my second or third fave of the bonuses.

Take me home tonight ; This is another great melodic mid-tempo rocker only slowed down by a slightly simple chorus. This is on par with 'Running in the rain'. Again, the lyrics are similar but a little off the exact norm.

Bed of Roses ; cover of Bon Jovi... really shows how weak his vocals are... but a good cover.

Born to be wild ; okay cover but not really a fan of this song anyway.

Thunderstruck ; cool cover, but I prefer the original. :)

I dunno Geoff, sure "One Night Stand" has pretty sleazy lyrics, but damn if that wasn't one kickin' riff and a knock-you-out chorus. I love the new album, but think this track should definitely have made it on there. It's better than three-quarters of the tracks that did make IMO.

P.S. On a side note, I had my wife go to Best Buy today and pick me up the deluxe version with the six bonus tracks. Much to my dismay neither "Heartless" or "One Night Stand" were on it like I had originally thought. With a little more research, I find that those two tunes are available through Itunes only. Bastards. :angry:

I dunno Geoff, sure "One Night Stand" has pretty sleazy lyrics, but damn if that wasn't one kickin' riff and a knock-you-out chorus. I love the new album, but think this track should definitely have made it on there. It's better than three-quarters of the tracks that did make IMO.

The sleazy lyrics I love... but even I have to admit there are several songs on both albums with pretty much identical subject matter. Killer riff, yes, and an anthem-type chorus, but if 'Use Me', 'Take it to the limit' and 'Up all night' are it's direct competition I must say I much prefer those three and can see why it was the one left on the cutting room floor. :)

Thread cleaned up back to the point it veered off-track. PMs sent.

Thanks,

-Dan

Judging by the fact you deleted right up to my post then I'm guessing it might've been me that caused the problem! (though have been away for a few days so didnt see it). Sorry if I caused anyone any offence with my views....

Thread cleaned up back to the point it veered off-track. PMs sent.

Thanks,

-Dan

Judging by the fact you deleted right up to my post then I'm guessing it might've been me that caused the problem! (though have been away for a few days so didnt see it). Sorry if I caused anyone any offence with my views....

Oh, and you did, mate. :lol:

Actually Tim, it wasn't you at all. The response(s) that came after were the ones where things went sideways. No worries!

-Dan

Wow... we had a confrontation in a "Hinder" thread...? And I missed the whole thing.

What's wrong with all of you..? :unsure:

Wow... we had a confrontation in a "Hinder" thread...? And I missed the whole thing.

What's wrong with all of you..? :unsure:

One to many assholes on the board. I'm referring to me of course. :lol:

Geoff are you telling us your "mr.happy" is just the right size to fit in the hole at center of the disc? :whistle:

Make sure you use a soft cloth to wipe up the mess after you're done, you don't want to damamge the disc in any way.

BTW, I'm still loving this release (just not on the same level as Geoff) and it should easily make my top 5 or higher for 2008.

Has anyone heard 'Live For Today' :banger:

marvellous.

Did you read my awesome reviews of all the bonus tracks on the previous page? That one was actually my least fave. 'Heartless' and 'Running in the rain' are my picks of the bonuses.

Has anyone heard 'Live For Today' :banger:

marvellous.

Did you read my awesome reviews of all the bonus tracks on the previous page? That one was actually my least fave. 'Heartless' and 'Running in the rain' are my picks of the bonuses.

I love it, and its got another kick arse solo

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so a couple of weeks ago I asked a friend if they had heard the new Hinder album - their response? "God no" so I waited a few days and sent "Loaded And Alone" and "Heaven Sent" so cleverly disguised as "Track 2" and "Track 8" respectively. I just had this conversation with the person:

ME So, didja listen to those mp3's??

THEM: : no, i can now

THEM not my thing

THEM track 2

THEM who is this?

ME Not your thing?? You've gotta be kidding me .... it's SO your thing you could be playing on it LOL

THEM:: i dont like his voice

THEM: it's not the songs

ME: Well, yeah .....

THEM: the songs are good

THEM: but his voice....who is this?

ME: The Ratt of the new generation .....

ME: ....... Hinder

THEM: it is?

ME: Yup

THEM yuk

THEM: lana LOVES them

THEM so they must suck donkey balls

ME: LOL See, 10 seconds you liked the songs but nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww "yuck"

THEM i dont like the guitars either

ME: Oy!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha So, there ya go. Hinder will make one more Amazon sale tomorrow I bet ya.

Okay, so a couple of weeks ago I asked a friend if they had heard the new Hinder album - their response? "God no" so I waited a few days and sent "Loaded And Alone" and "Heaven Sent" so cleverly disguised as "Track 2" and "Track 8" respectively. I just had this conversation with the person:

ME So, didja listen to those mp3's??

THEM: : no, i can now

THEM not my thing

THEM track 2

THEM who is this?

ME Not your thing?? You've gotta be kidding me .... it's SO your thing you could be playing on it LOL

THEM:: i dont like his voice

THEM: it's not the songs

ME: Well, yeah .....

THEM: the songs are good

THEM: but his voice....who is this?

ME: The Ratt of the new generation .....

ME: ....... Hinder

THEM: it is?

ME: Yup

THEM yuk

THEM: lana LOVES them

THEM so they must suck donkey balls

ME: LOL See, 10 seconds you liked the songs but nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww "yuck"

THEM i dont like the guitars either

ME: Oy!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha So, there ya go. Hinder will make one more Amazon sale tomorrow I bet ya.

Good read, sounds very my department haha! I often like contacting friends and the like about high standard quality ouput from a certain artist or band that doesn't necessarily live up to their stereotype and shock them gracefully with their true identity. It's great fun alright. Classic response: "Wow, I sure love this! Who is it?? X! :lol: Oh, it's alright. Nothing special really...". Hypocrites LOL!

Posers, I think is the word you gents are looking for. :)

Just another way of saying it really. If you stand for something namely good Rock music, acknowledge a song but withdraw statement when artist revealed than you are a poser just as much as a hypocrite in my book. :)

Truth. And sadly that covers a lot more people than many would assume. :(

• 2 weeks later...

OK... after being flooded with stuff to listen to, I got around to respinning this on a long trip in the truck the other night... It just dropped down a few notches on my list after that. Listening a little more intently to the lyrics, this band can't seem to get away from rewriting the same 3 songs over and over. Breaking Up/Missing Someone, Being Drunk/High/Sober, and Partying Hard. Damn near every tune mentions something about being drunk, high or sober to tell you the truth...

Need to expand in the Lyric Department just a hair... :whistle: