I want to open for the Crue!

Blue Charvel

Yep, I also voted for the last time today ! Good luck , Pete !! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! I think I'd prefer "fan"! Anyway, gotta post something first... Saw them play at SOUTH TEXAS ROCK FEST, they are very good.

Hey Herb, good to see you here my friend! :drink:

...and thanks again for the votes! Pay no attention to Phaffas, he's just mad because I'm pretty.

..And he's a dumb Aussie!! :D

That sounds resentful, are they beating you at sporting events again? ;)

No mate, we haven't let them win at anything for a while now :D

Yeah, gotta agree with Jez here. It's been a good 2 or 3 hours since Australia defeated the Brits at something.

Hey PETE!

When will you find out the results?

I'm chewing on nails over hear!

It's pretty tough trying to bite through my wife's nail polish :yikes::puke:

As long as she's enjoying it... ;)

My understanding is that the management picks 20 bands for the Crue to evaluate, and then they pick 6, and from there the management makes the final decision... or vice versa... anywho, it will probably be a little while until they get that sorted. :(

I do want to thank everyone again for your votes and support. Even if we don't win, it's fucking awesome to have people behind you!

...except in the prison shower. :unsure:

...it's fucking awesome to have people behind you!

...except in the prison shower.

Well, as the convicts here at the Federal joint at which I work like to say, "You don't know what you're missin' until you've had sex in prison." (OK, so it's not a perfect rhyme, but what do you want from a bunch of half-retarded kiddie-touchin' drug dealin' gangbangers?)

...it's fucking awesome to have people behind you!

...except in the prison shower.

Well, as the convicts here at the Federal joint at which I work like to say, "You don't know what you're missin' until you've had sex in prison." (OK, so it's not a perfect rhyme, but what do you want from a bunch of half-retarded kiddie-touchin' drug dealin' gangbangers?)

:lol: It's a better rhyme than you would expect considering the authors.

Hey PETE!

When will you find out the results?

I'm chewing on nails over hear!

It's pretty tough trying to bite through my wife's nail polish :yikes::puke:

...except in the prison shower. :unsure:

:lol: ...unless its a hot chick doin' a reach around right ??

In the words of the GREAT QUAGMIRE:

NOTHIN' BEATS DOIN' A WOMAN IN THE CAN!!

GIGGETY! GIGGETY!

• 4 weeks later...

Sad news my friends, I just received the following email from FameCast re: the "Open for Motley Crue" contest. I do want to thank all of you for all your votes and support, it really means a lot to us either way! Rockarma is planning a third album for Spring 09 and I hope we'll see all of you from the stage in a town near you!

Thanks again!

Pete

And the Finalists are...

The Spittin' Cobras

Seattle, WA

Lorene Drive

Victorville, CA

The Dirty Pearls

New York, NY

Waterstreet

Peoria, IL

Something to Burn

Los Angeles, CA

The Heroine

San Antonio, TX

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!!!!! See you at the Finals.

- The On-Stage Team

Hey all!

Please join us in congratulating the six finalists in Guitar Center On-Stage: Your Chance To Make Rock History. Guitar Center and Mötley Crüe announced the bands today - check 'em out below!

These bands were chosen from a pool of 30 semi-finalists, who performed Monday and Tuesday in front of a panel of industry experts at Guitar Center’s legendary Sunset Boulevard location. See this press release and video for a full recap of the event.

The panelists were: Eric Sherman, President of FUSE TV:James Michael, Producer and Front man of Sixx: A.M.; Julie Pilat, Music Director of Los Angeles radio station 98.7; Chris Nilsson, Tenth St. Entertainment and Frank Woodworth, General Manager of Eleven Seven Music.

The final six bands will continue onto the finals to perform live for Mötley Crüe at the world famous Whisky A Go-Go on November 10 in Hollywood. The winning band gets the Greatest Prize in Rock: an opening slot on Mötley Crüe's U.S. Tour, $25,000 cash, $20,000 in exclusive new gear from Gibson Guitar, management from Tenth St. Entertainment, and a recording deal from Eleven Seven Music, Mötley’s management and record label.

Yeah...they probably wanted to select a band who would make them look good and who they can put on a leash.F' em. Heres to opening for a REAL class band like maybe 'Whitesnake' in the future :drink:

That would be awesome... :beerbang:

Yeah I would've loved to open for the Crue, but I don't think we're modern enough. They seem to be pretending they're not a hair band now judging by the support acts they pick. First Vince disses us, and then the whole damn band... ;)

Damn Pete, I'm sorry. I voted for you guys and were really pulling for you.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Hope we get another chance sometime! :beerbang:

If it is any consolation, I bought both the Rockarma and Motley Crue album this year. Motley Crue is my all time favorite band but I can honestly say that I listen to Bring It On more than S.O.L.A.

That contest was a joke. Out of all the sleazy 80's style bands in the contest not one made the cut. How is that possible? Motley Crue can take their tour and shove it. The only way I would pay to see those losers is if a real band like Kidd Havok, Dirty Penny, or Rockarma opened for them.

FUCK MOTLEY CRUE! :2up:

Yeah, they can bend over and take it like a fellow inmate does :fu:

Damn Pete, I'm sorry. I voted for you guys and were really pulling for you.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Hope we get another chance sometime! :beerbang:

If it is any consolation, I bought both the Rockarma and Motley Crue album this year. Motley Crue is my all time favorite band but I can honestly say that I listen to Bring It On more than S.O.L.A.

That is an AWESOME consolation my friend! Seriously, opening for Crue would have been cool as hell, don't get me wrong, but the support we got from all over the world was just amazing and means a lot more believe it or not!

That contest was a joke. Out of all the sleazy 80's style bands in the contest not one made the cut. How is that possible? Motley Crue can take their tour and shove it. The only way I would pay to see those losers is if a real band like Kidd Havok, Dirty Penny, or Rockarma opened for them.

Gotta agree with you there JACOB!

I haven't even purchased the new MOTLEY CRUE and it doesn't look like I will.

Booooo!! Motley Crue eats it!!

Sorry to hear the news Pete, this sucks.

If it's any consolation I'd drive 8 hours anytime to see you guys again but I'd never do the same for the Crue. :drink:

Plus, we can drink Motley under the table! Sorry man, I was pullin' for ya! I guess now you can concentrate on the new Rockarma album!!! :banger::banger::banger:

If it's any consolation I'd drive 8 hours anytime to see you guys again but I'd never do the same for the Crue. :drink:

Plus, we can drink Motley under the table!

Maybe now but not back in 1983. :yikes:

Plus, we can drink Motley under the table!

Maybe now but not back in 1983. :yikes:

I don't know, I will put Evil Rick up against anyone :drink2:

Rockarma would have F'in blasted the Crue out of the water!

Sorry to hear about the news Pete, but things happen for a reason...What's that? An AC/DC rep is on the phone asking if you'd like to open for them??

I cannot wait for Rockarma III to be released!