Turn me Loose

TangoCharlie

I just love that song 'Turn Me Loose' by Loverboy!

Its the blueprint for a top AOR song in my opinion!!

Do Loverboy have any other decent songs?

Tc

Loverboy's S/T (1980) and Get Lucky (1981) are both damn solid albums that still bring back a lotta memories for me.

'Turn Me Loose' is an utter classic in my book along with alot of the songs off their first 3 albums. In fact, all their back catologue, except the disappointng 'VI' are all worth checking out, including as Eric says, the latest disc as well.

I agree it's a pretty cool song. I don't dislike the band but I remember I made a CDR of all their good songs from the early discs and I believe I struggled to make a 10 track CDR. There's a lot of decent stuff there, but not much great stuff - IMO.

Now, their new disc - that is another story. 'Just getting started' is excellent.

I agree it's a pretty cool song. I don't dislike the band but I remember I made a CDR of all their good songs from the early discs and I believe I struggled to make a 10 track CDR. There's a lot of decent stuff there, but not much great stuff - IMO.

Now, their new disc - that is another story. 'Just getting started' is excellent.

I hear you, Geoff. I can make about a 15-17 song CDR with all my favorites from Loverboy. Although their latest CD is an improvement, I still find only 3 songs or so that I really like, however.

• 1 year later...

In my list of my top 50 albums I own, two of them are Loverboy.

On Loverboy (s/t) and Get Lucky, all of the songs are good. (all killa', no filla')

On Keep It Up, Lovin' Every Minute Of It, and Wildside, there are one or two duds each.

On VI, I think the song Hair Of The Dog is the best. I think that song was actually supposed to be on an album before that, but since there were only LPs and no CDs, there wasn't enough room for it.

On Just Getting Started... I have no idea, I haven't listened to the album yet. VI tainted me so bad, that I haven't wanted to listen to JGS.

Loverboy is one of those bands where they've released almost more Greatest Hits albums than regular CDs. They have (at the latest count) six different GH packages and two live albums.

If you want one GH from them, I would suggest the recently released Greatest Hits...The Real Thing or Classics-Their Greatest Hits.

"Don't Let Go" (from "Notorious") is my all-time fave LOVERBOY track. It was their best disc too IMO.

Huge fan of Loverboy and aside from VI (although I have yet to hear Started), I don't think you could pass over any of their back catalogue, imo. Plenty to hear there besides their greatest hits.

Turn me Loose was never one of my favorites. Kid is Hot Tonite is one of my all time favorite tracks and Love Will Rise Again is next in line for me.

Awesome live band, too!