What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

are you going to Fiji again or where's the holiday this time ? :popcorn:

We went to Tonga, mate. I wish dearly I was still there. Nowhere near the industry for tourism that a place like Fiji has, but I liked it for that reason. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Fiji. But Tonga is even more quiet and peaceful and uncrowded. And we didn't get to see the real magic islands in the far north, but what we did see was itself stunning. Oh, how I hate real life. :lol:

yeah love to visit some of the Pacific islands later but I need to give my first step to Australia and New Zealand, hopefully I get the chance next year or two, well if the economy isn't very bad haha :D

will be good if you can upload some of those fascinating Tonga photos later, just found out today that it's actually a country ? lol :D

We went to Tonga, mate. I wish dearly I was still there. Nowhere near the industry for tourism that a place like Fiji has, but I liked it for that reason. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Fiji. But Tonga is even more quiet and peaceful and uncrowded. And we didn't get to see the real magic islands in the far north, but what we did see was itself stunning. Oh, how I hate real life. :lol:

yeah love to visit some of the Pacific islands later but I need to give my first step to Australia and New Zealand, hopefully I get the chance next year or two, well if the economy isn't very bad haha :D

will be good if you can upload some of those fascinating Tonga photos later, just found out today that it's actually a country ? lol :D

:lol: You mean you'd never heard of Tonga before, or you just didn't know it was it's own country? :lol:

Yeah, I might upload a couple of pics on the forum later - jesus knows I took enough. The 2nd resort we stayed at over there - Fafa Island, is one of the nicest places we've stayed at so far. Pure paradise. It may be un-Aussie of me to say this, but go to smaller Pacific Islands before Australia. :lol: To many of those f*cking horrible things called people over here. Don't get me wrong - would not have it any other way as a place to live and call home, but going to these small Pacific islands is such a nice change from the everyday life, even here in Australia.

Funny note too, is that apparently there was an earthquake in Tonga when we were there. On 14th October (which was co-incidentally the date of our 5th wedding anniversary) a magnitude 4.9 earthquake struck Tonga at a depth of 40.7 km. It was also about 50-60kms away from where we were, but we might have got a little rumble where we were - no tsunami warning or anything, though.

get out of our cd buying thread u wankers :whistle:

Fight me. Hey, while we're hijacking threads, is there a Crashdiet thread so we can speak to each other about how joyous that was? And how I managed to avoid you. I'm going to find a thread now.

:lol: You mean you'd never heard of Tonga before, or you just didn't know it was it's own country? :lol:

Yeah, I might upload a couple of pics on the forum later - jesus knows I took enough. The 2nd resort we stayed at over there - Fafa Island, is one of the nicest places we've stayed at so far. Pure paradise. It may be un-Aussie of me to say this, but go to smaller Pacific Islands before Australia. :lol: To many of those f*cking horrible things called people over here. Don't get me wrong - would not have it any other way as a place to live and call home, but going to these small Pacific islands is such a nice change from the everyday life, even here in Australia.

Funny note too, is that apparently there was an earthquake in Tonga when we were there. On 14th October (which was co-incidentally the date of our 5th wedding anniversary) a magnitude 4.9 earthquake struck Tonga at a depth of 40.7 km. It was also about 50-60kms away from where we were, but we might have got a little rumble where we were - no tsunami warning or anything, though.

I've heard of Tonga before but didn't know it's a country until i look it up on Wiki haha well yeah too many quakes these days, it's risky especially on smaller islands because of the tsunami sweep, but good thing nothing's happened. Yeah got a local friend working at Melbourne and Sydney and they asked us to visit them there when we have chance, so maybe later.

okay, so to stay back on this CD buying thread, I'm out for now, and ready to post CDs I got this month in the next few days :popcorn:

I've heard of Tonga before but didn't know it's a country until i look it up on Wiki haha well yeah too many quakes these days, it's risky especially on smaller islands because of the tsunami sweep, but good thing nothing's happened. Yeah got a local friend working at Melbourne and Sydney and they asked us to visit them there when we have chance, so maybe later.

okay, so to stay back on this CD buying thread, I'm out for now, and ready to post CDs I got this month in the next few days :popcorn:

Did you buy this by any chance?? Buy me? :lol:

Did you buy this by any chance?? Buy me? :lol:

:lol: I seriously wonder where they recorded that. Look at those song names, though. Of the places I've been, I don't think I've ever seen a harder to understand or decipher language. They're a wild people, that's for sure.

But of course I bought it. You should hear the shell solo in 'Hiva Tau 'Olunga O Tepuiti Mailefihi.'

Arrived yesterday and today, long list ......:

MARK VIGIL PROJECT - Mark Vigil Project

WENDELL NIGHTFALL TROUPE - Clumsy Grace

CHASING MAGIC - Chasing Magic

BLIND DATE - Blind Date

JEFFERSON STARSHIP - Windows of Heaven

RICK SPRINGFIELD - Venus in Overdrive

BALANCE - Equilibrium

JEFF SCOTT SOTO - Beautiful Mess

MIND KEY - Pulse For a Graveheart

STREET LEGAL - Bite The Bullet

BAD HABIT - Above And Beyond

BAD HABIT - Timeless +2

CHRIS LANEY - Only Come Out At Night

KENS DOJO - Reincarnation

STAGE DOLLS - Always

STATE OF ROCK - A Point Of Destiny

SALUTE - Heart of the Machine

WHEELS OF FIRE - Hollywood rocks

SHYLOCK - Rock Buster

VOICES OF ROCK - High & Mighty

KEN HENSLEY - Blood on the Highway

SERPENTINE - A Touch of Heaven

ANGELINE - Confessions

HELL IN THE CLUB - Let The Games Begin

IF ONLY - No Bed Of Roses

JOEY SUMMER - Written On The Horizon

MORITZ - Undivided

STARGAZER - Stargazer

Awaiting my return from the tropics (and joy and laughter and happiness and everything good in life - everything one day at work removes from your life):

Big Life - s/t

Shadowman - Watching Over You

Outloud - Love Catastrophe

David Cook - This Loud Morning

The Summer Set - Everything's Fine

Set Your Goals - Burning at Both Ends

Set Your Goals - This Will Be the Death of Us

The Damned Things - Ironiclast

The Pretty Reckless - Light Me Up

This Providence - Our Worlds Divorce

This Providence - This Providence

This Providence - Who Are You Now?

Ace Frehley - Frehley's Comet

Frehley's Comet - Second Sighting

Helter Skelter - Welcome to the World Of

High N Dry - Hands Off My Toy

Joe Lynn Turner - Rescue You

Urgent - Cast the First Stone

Urgent - Thinking Out Loud

Orion The Hunter

Paul Dean - Hard Core

Stream - Take It or Leave It

3 Doors Down - Time of My Life

Kaizoku - Kaizoku

Alyson Avenue - Changes

Arabia - Welcome to the Freakshow

Lionville - Lionville

Stan Meissner - Dangerous Games

Stan Meissner - Windows to Light

Nelson - Before the rain

Houston - s/t

Black N Blue - Hell Yeah

I see you've been to that Russian site again...

Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad (2CD box with poster and some other useless things...)

Methods Of Mayhem - A Public Disservice Announcement

Three Minute Madness - Disgraceful

Giant - Promise Land (Digipak)

Blackwood Creek - s/t

Los Angeles - Neverland

Great White - Rising

12 Stones - Potter´s Field

Burn Halo - Up From Ashes

Emphatic - Damage

Anberlin - Dark Is The Way

Wires On Fire - s/t

KickBend - Faith Hope Love

Howling Rain - MAgnificent Fiend

Sweet Wine - s/t

Alternate Routes - A Sucker's Dream

Paper Tongues - s/t

Ricky Warwick - Love Many Trust Few

Appearance - Lost In Aurora

Deluka - You Are The Night

1,2,3 - New Heaven

Ruby Isle - Night Shot

The Midway State - Holes

Semi Precious - Weapons You Love

Queen Killing Kings - Tidaleyes

Fire Flies - Two New Sciences

Hero From A Thousand Paces - Mistakes

Faulter - Darling Buds Of May

Theory Of Flight - Within Reach

Ingram Hill - Cold In California

Life On Repeat - Struggle + Sleep

Dan Wilson - Free Life

St. Leonards - s/t

Painkiller Hotel - Black Roses

All Time Low - Dirty Work

Little Red - Midnight Remember

No December - Essence Of Innocence

Genuine Sun - Return

Rides Again - Into Existence

Gunson - The Land Of Misfit Toys

Vega 4 - You And Others

Diablo 44 - Sinderfella

Abstract Artimus - Rite Of Passage

October 2011

ACCEPT - Blood of The Nations, 2010

ADRIANGALE - Crunch, 2004

ALIEN - s/t, 1988

ALYSON AVENUE - Changes, 2011

ANGRA - Rebirth, 2001

ANGRA - Temple of Shadows (CD/DVD), 2004

ANTHRAX - Worship Music, 2011

CRAAFT - Second Honeymoon, 1988

DISTORTED WONDERLAND - s/t, 2010

DREAM THEATER - A Dramatic Turn of Events, 2011

DRIVE SHE SAID - s/t, 1989

ELEVENER - When Kaleidoscopes Collide, 2008

FATE - A Matter of Attitude, 1986

HEADSHOT - Synchronicity, 2011

HEARTLAND - s/t, 1991

HEAVEN - Knockin' On Heaven's Door, 1985

JOHN WAITE - Rough and Tumble, 2011

KING KOBRA - s/t, 2011

NEWMAN - Under Southern Skies, 2011

OVERKILL - Ironbound, 2010

RECKLESS LOVE - Animal Attraction, 2011

ROMEO'S DAUGHTER - s/t, 1988

RUST - Forged In The Fire of Metal, 2011

SENCELLED - s/t 2011

SEVEN WISHES - Utopia, 2001

SHA-BOOM - The Race Is On, 2005

SILENCE - Open Road, 2008

SILENT RAGE - Don't Touch Me There, 1989

STRATOVARIUS - Elysium, 2011

SYMPHONY X - Iconoclast (2CD), 2011

TEN - Stormwarning, 2011

TOTAL ANNIHILATION - 84, 2011

TRANSIT - Dirty Pleasures, 1989

TRANSIT - Heartcore, 1991

VAN STEPHENSON - Suspicious Heart, 1986

VARIOUS ARTISTS - OST. Rock Star, 2001

VICE - Second Excess, 1990

VICTORY - Don't Talk Science, 2011

VON GROOVE - Chameleon, 1998

VOODOO CIRCLE - Broken Heart Syndrome, 2011

WARRANT - Born Again, 2006

The Kite - s/t (to be traded ...)

Wow, best price I have seen in a while...

Whitesnake - Donnington 1990 (2 cd/ 1 DVD Set) for $11.88

Where you ask? None other than your local Walmart! Uncencored also...

UFO - No Place To Run (Remastered)

UFO - The Wild, The Willing And The Innocent (Remastered)

UFO - Mechanix (Remastered)

from a Salvation Army thrift store for $2.99 each:

HOWE II - High Gear

GUN - Taking On the World

PLATINUM BLONDE - Alien Shores

DIVING FOR PEARLS - S/T

and a totally awesome unknown Canadian hair band but only in cassette:

THE VICE - S/T (not VICE but THE VICE - any info on this?)