What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've been away for a while during the holidays/new year. While I was I picked up these.

TNT - Intuition

My life before this album was a very empty one indeed. A total classic.

Yeah, I've had it on cassette for years. I don't know why I never upgraded it to cd, so I decided to finally grab it.

Today I picked up:

Skin N' Bones - Speak Easy

Blackstone Cherri - Rumormill

Benjamin - S/T

Hotel Hunger - This Is Where The Fun Starts

Fleetwood Mac - S/T

Eddie Money - Shakin' With The Money Man (DualDisc)

And in the mail (directly from the bands):

DB Rox - S/T

Something Wicked - S/T

Something Wicked - 100% Wicked

There´s not much left at my wantlist. But could buy yesterday one of those I was looking for a long time:

Keven Jordan-No sign of rain

Yes, it´s a lite aor cd, but the tracks are absolutely catchy and perfect. Love this one.

Carmen Gray - The Portrait Of Carmen Gray :headbanger:

Code - The Enemy Within

Mylene Farmer - Avant Que L'ombre....A Bercy (Limited Edition)

Greenhouze - S/T

Lion - Trouble in Angel City

Greenhouze - S/T

You and Pete both bought that Lion cd this week. :)

And you have it as an avatar, it's like all the planets aligning. :unsure: If it's the rapture coming, who will get all my CD's?

Greenhouze - S/T

And you have it as an avatar, it's like all the planets aligning. :unsure: If it's the rapture coming, who will get all my CD's?

Me? :)

Greenhouze - S/T

Me? :)

Doancha know the Devil has all the best music.

Decided to run to one of the downtown pawn shops I rarely hit and it turned out to be a pretty decent trip. For $3 each I picked up:

Queensryche - Queensryche

April Wine - The Nature Of The Beast

Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz

W.A.S.P. - Unholy Terror

Poison - Power To The People

Manowar - Warriors Of The World

Cinderella - Live At The Keyclub

Adam Bomb - Pure S.E.X......The album title he came up with after meeting Geoff I believe <_<

Correct. Based on the music recorded we wanted to call it 'Pure S.U.C.K' but we had tea, talked over our differences and came to an agreement in the bedroom. Sorry mate... no offence. :P

Just got Def Leppard's RETRO-ACTIVE via Lala.com ....

....aaaaand shit, I thought this thing had the HYSTERIA-era B-side "Tear It Down" on it, and it doesn't. Gawd DAMN. :(

Lion - Dangerous Attraction

Finally, wanted the original for YEARS now... $37.00 later including shipping and it's mine. That's the most I've ever paid for a CD...

I think I paid $29.99 for mine back in 1997.(worth every penny IMO)

I somehow misplaced the obi that went with it when I moved. :doh:

Of course at the time I didn't know those little pieces of paper meant that much. <_<

Decided to run to one of the downtown pawn shops I rarely hit and it turned out to be a pretty decent trip. For $3 each I picked up:

I absolutely LOVE the studio tracks on this cd! Best they have done in a while...

JL

Lion - Dangerous Attraction

Finally, wanted the original for YEARS now... $37.00 later including shipping and it's mine. That's the most I've ever paid for a CD...

I think I paid $29.99 for mine back in 1997.(worth every penny IMO)

I somehow misplaced the obi that went with it when I moved. :doh:

Of course at the time I didn't know those little pieces of paper meant that much. <_<

Ahhh, the OBI. Got to love it....I had a thing for her once but now I have to move on....still love her though.... :P

JL

....aaaaand shit, I thought this thing had the HYSTERIA-era B-side "Tear It Down" on it, and it doesn't. Gawd DAMN. :(

Isn't "Tear It Down" on Adrenalize or am I thinking of a different song?

I absolutely LOVE the studio tracks on this cd! Best they have done in a while...

JL

Nice, I wasn't sure about the studio tracks but the live tracks looked like some good ones so I grabbed it. I've been playing through the stack and it's next in line here on my desk.

JL

Nice, I wasn't sure about the studio tracks but the live tracks looked like some good ones so I grabbed it. I've been playing through the stack and it's next in line here on my desk.

4 out of the 5 studio tracks are awesome IMO(I could of done without CC singing "I hate every Bone in your body but Mine, I like the song but hate his voice).

It's too bad they followed up these great songs with the pile of crap that is "Hollyweird".

It's too bad they followed up these great songs with the pile of crap that is "Hollyweird".

They had Hollyweird there also but luckily I had heard it already and IMO it's not even worth paying $3 for. :yuck:

They had Hollyweird there also but luckily I had heard it already and IMO it's not even worth paying $3 for. :yuck:

There were about 5 or 6 songs I liked on that one but the production sucked imo.

The worse thing about it was CC singing 3 songs, I don't know what the hell Brett was thinking.

Okay, the details of my christmas haul:

House of Lords - 'World upside down'

Place Vendome - s/t

Khymera - 'A new promise'

Jaded Heart - 'Helluva Time'

TNT - 'All the way to the sun'

Vertigo - s/t

Vertigo - 2

Fate - V

The Poodles - 'Metal Will stand tall'

Papa Roach - 'The paramour sessions'

Lostprophets - 'Liberation Transmission'

The Goo Goo Dolls - 'Let love in'

Halifax - 'The inevitability of a strange world'

Bought 9 more this week due for arrival soon... plus that Supercell - 'New American Standard'. How the f*ck will I pay for it? No f*cking idea... but Nuclearhell is an excellent online shop. No postage costs is the reason I could get these awesome CDs.

Apparently it is also a studio track on Adrenalize, but I have an old 45 RPM single (remember those?) of "Women" that has "Tear It Down" on the B-side. I don't know yet if there are two different versions or if it's the same song in both cases, but Wes shot me an MP3 of the track from "Adrenalize" (thanx dude) so I can compare the two.

I just assumed that track would've been included on "Retro Active" since that CD is an odds and sods/B-sides/rarities collection. Imagine my surprise when I found out it wasn't. <_< Still some decent stuff on there though.

Adam Bomb - Pure S.E.X......The album title he came up with after meeting Geoff I believe <_<

Correct. Based on the music recorded we wanted to call it 'Pure S.U.C.K' but we had tea, talked over our differences and came to an agreement in the bedroom. Sorry mate... no offence. :P

Hahaha! You cruel guy, How could I take offense at what you say you cheeky chimp :P:P

I have to admit his first couple of albums I find lacking and somewhat inconsistent, Pure S.E.X. has a horrible echoy production and the hard mix of the the title track is light years ahead of anything on the album. I also think the early production jobs suffered somewhat with the industries obsession with the "AOR" sound at that time which doesn't suit his music and ended up with his albums like Fatal Attraction and S.E.X. being watered down (I have to say I haven't heard Grave New World yet, but your review is pretty scathing haha!). His later stuff is pretty excellent, he has some shit hot songs and as a guitarist although no Malsteem (thank fuck!) he has some killer riffs and a great groove which so many bands just don't have. Don't know why he is listed as glam/sleaze on HH as he is anything but. To me he sorta fills the ground somewhere between Starz and Aerosmith.

I'm off to see him in a tiny pub in February and I have to say I haven't looked forward to a gig so much in ages. I think also the fact that he keeps plugging away albeit with limited success shows he's in it more for the music than the money and fame and isn't a hop on the bandwagon kind of artist.

Anyway this won't please ya much mate coz I just got:

Adam Bomb - Acoustica :lol:

Alternativa - A Night in Starlight

Alternativa - Join Us For Christmas (ep)