What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Stratovarius - s/t (the comeback album - pretty excited about this, love the first track - Strat go modernish)

Shakra - powerride (loving this band more and more, great hard rock)

The Poodles - metal will stand tall (cant wait for this! very excited)

Heed - the call (one of the 2006 releases ive been pretty excited over, though hhavnt seen it mentioned much)

Mad Max - night of white rock (looking forward to this too, my first Mad Max release)

a great day :)... its been a while

Let me know what you think of that Stratovarius s/t cd.

I had bought their previous 5 releases but for some reason never picked that one up.

Wes ill pm you. but so far been solid, but dissappointing.

Restless - Kevin Lee & the Lonesome City Kings

Got Soul Asylum's CANDY FROM A STRANGER via Lala.com yesterday :banana:

Just purchased from CD Universe.

Theater Of Salvation - Edguy

How Will I Laugh Tomorrow - Suicidal Tendancies **replacing cassette**

Lights...Camera...Revolution - Suicidal Tendancies **replacing cassette**

Shaft Of Light - Airrace

Octavarium - Dream Theater **I know I'm a little slow**

Damn Aviator disc was on back order.

Picked these up this week,

Bonfire (The early years of Bonfire) (Nice box set)

Hollywood Rocks (Nice Box set)

Black N blue (Collected) Box set

Novella (One big sky)

Joneses (Hard)

Damn The Diva (s/t) Don't care much for it,but for one penny it's ok

Shy (Anthology) 2 disc set

Krokus (Hellraiser) :headbanger:

While getting my wife a Christmas present today I grabbed a couple goodies for myself:

Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In (remastered)

Poison - Open Up And Say...Ahh! (remastered)

Stopped at a CD store on my way home from work today and picked up three goodies from the used bin:

Danzig - DANZIG II: LUCIFUGE

Anthrax - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Rage - SECRETS IN A WEIRD WORLD

:headbanger:

Okay kids, I did it. The festive season got me off guard. I bought 5 of this year's best (and available at Secondspin.com) modern rock albums and 11 of this and last year's finest melodic rock albums (of the options available from Nuclear Hell). I'm praying to jeebus that one of my family members asks if they can buy them for me for christmas... but I can't wait. I'll post when they arrive, but have some guesses if you want to have fun. usd$145 for 16 discs with postage to Australia included... pretty f*cking stoked. Let's just hope they all arrive now. :)

Mination - One Day In Paradise (Jap/Obi)

Little Angels - Jam (Jap/Obi)

Little Angels - Young Gods (Jap/Obi)

Masquerade - s/t (Jap/Obi)

Jaded Heart - Slaves & Masters (Jap/Obi)

Alice Cooper - Het Stoopid (Jap/Obi)

And the latest suncity releases...

nuclear hell is great! so far best place ive bought from overseas, esp to Australia.

Mate, getting new albums from HOL, Sunstorm and Fate etc (I'll mention the rest when they get here) for about aud$13 (with the current USD rate) is pure beautiful insanity. Imagine they stocked ALL melodic rock releases??? I'd never (and porbably won't anyway) shop anywhere else again. It's literally half the price of anywhere else and even though I can't honestly afford it... for that price I just do it anyway. :)

How long do they usually take to get here? Any chance I'll get them before end of Friday?

I was in the local A&P supermarket this afternoon and on a whim, I flicked through a rack of cheap ($6.99) CDs near the registers... and found Skid Row's SLAVE TO THE GRIND (a copy with "Get The Fuck Out" on it no less, rather than the more common "Beggars' Day"), so another cassette copy bites the dust... :banana:

I was in the local A&P supermarket this afternoon and on a whim, I flicked through a rack of cheap ($6.99) CDs near the registers... and found Skid Row's SLAVE TO THE GRIND (a copy with "Get The Fuck Out" on it no less, rather than the more common "Beggars' Day"), so another cassette copy bites the dust... :banana:

Hey Keith, have you ever tried Nuclear Hell? You can pick up the new Skid Row album from there for usd$9.95... and that's all you pay. Postage included. Bloody bargain if you ask me. Sad thing is, having been a long time supporter of Skid Row I wasn't even tempted to buy it for that price when I made my order. I will when I get the funds (if ever), but for now it's the best only and that ain't one of them, IMO. :(

But yeah, seriously mate I'd definately recommend that site to the likes of yourself, Wes, Tim (2), 'Pete the Metalhead' and any other of the more heavily inclined listeners here. They're definately aimed more at the metal crowd and you can probably clean up there... but they've got some goodies for us soft-cocks too. :) And it's cheap as hell.

http://www.nuclearhell.com/store/product.php?productid=7321

nuclear hell is great! so far best place ive bought from overseas, esp to Australia.

Mate, getting new albums from HOL, Sunstorm and Fate etc (I'll mention the rest when they get here) for about aud$13 (with the current USD rate) is pure beautiful insanity. Imagine they stocked ALL melodic rock releases??? I'd never (and porbably won't anyway) shop anywhere else again. It's literally half the price of anywhere else and even though I can't honestly afford it... for that price I just do it anyway. :)

How long do they usually take to get here? Any chance I'll get them before end of Friday?

ill get back to you on this Geoff, as our Ashes win has promoted me to play some backyard cricket!

but on topic... JESS HARNELL - 'THE SOUND OF YOUR VOICE' - bought it this week for 3 bucks hahhaa!! WOO! it also came in a massive box stuffed full of packing material. Not sure what they guy i bought it off was thinking... but i dont care! :)