Things Ive learned today

hardrock80srule

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned that despite happily sitting here enjoying beer and listening to rock n'roll with seemingly not a care in the world, I do hope that Rihanna and Chris Brown clown put on a good show for my wife. She was so excited about going to the show tonight and the tickets were so expensive... I just hope she enjoys it. Or I'm going to have to hand down a smackdown on this Chris Brown tool.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I learned that 'Greys Anatomy' is possibly the thing I hate most in the entire world after religion.

I learned that 'Greys Anatomy' is possibly the thing I hate most in the entire world after religion.

You'll be happy to know that it appears that your fav character George O'malley has been killed off the show.

You'll be happy to know that it appears that your fav character George O'malley has been killed off the show.

Don't you dare bait me. Are you serious? OMFG, this is the best news I have ever heard. How does he die? Painfully? When? Holy f*ck I can't wait. I almost want to download the episode and watch it now and forever. Please tell me it's painful and will happen in real life too.

I got my social security statement and I learned that it don't matter if I work until I'm 63, 67 or age 70 I still won't have jack shit available to me and that is if there's any left by then anyway.

• 4 months later...
I learned that according to Monsterquest that Rural North New Jersey has real bad Bear problem.

I coulda told you that. You didn't need Monsterquest.

I just learned today that my wife might outlive me :crying::crying::crying:

I thought I'd be a widow by now :crying::crying::crying:

Don'cha know why married men die before their wives? :unsure:

Because they WANT to.

I've learned a few things recently. Well, not learned them but been reminded of them:

The end of a wonderful vacation is like a car crash. Spending time on a tropical island without a single worry is sheer, pure happiness to me. To go from that to returning to work in the space of a few days is literally like driving your car at 100km into a brick wall.

I learned yesterday that the resort we stayed at in Samoa 2 years ago was totally destroyed by the tsunami and the owner is in critical condition while his wife drowned. My wife and I still both list Samoa as the best place we have been to in this world and the news of the tsunami really saddened me deeply yesterday. My heart and best wishes truly goes out to the people of Samoa.

I hate work. I really do. I just despise it. All it does is make me miss happiness.

I learned yesterday that the resort we stayed at in Samoa 2 years ago was totally destroyed by the tsunami and the owner is in critical condition while his wife drowned. My wife and I still both list Samoa as the best place we have been to in this world and the news of the tsunami really saddened me deeply yesterday. My heart and best wishes truly goes out to the people of Samoa.

Wow that is something and very sad.

Wow that is something and very sad.

Indeed cousin, it really is. We still talk all the time of going back to Samoa, particularly back to that resort; The Sinalei. Absolutely beautiful boutique resort and we've never done anything like this, but my wife actually particularly wrote them a letter for the wonderful time we'd had there and the super-friendly staff at the restaurant right down on the water. I so sincerely hope all those guys made it to higher ground before it hit... and the kitty there. :( Poor kitty.

Check out these pics I took in 2006:

DSCF2997.jpg

DSCF3031.jpg

And this is a pic from yesterday:

xxx090930_000_001-600x400-600x400.jpg

You can't make it out in that pic, but the restaurant was completely swept off the little island-type setting there, the jetty and boardwalks, as far as I could see, also swept away. And those beachfront rooms you can make out on my second pic copped the full force of the wave.

I truly hope that they can rebuild and remain in business. Sadly for the other places, I believe they fared a whole lot better than the two resorts on that same beach in the photo, which - at ocean-level - were totally destroyed. Half the Sinalei was at ocean level on the beach, and the other half was on slightly higher ground. Keeping an eye out for images showing the full extent of the damage. :(

I've learned that I'm not looking forward to my 20 hour drive tomorrow.

Embrace it, cousin. Just think, it's 20 hours where you're not sitting at work and the only worry you have till you get back is where the hell your next beer's at. Speaking of which, where is mine at?

Embrace it, cousin. Just think, it's 20 hours where you're not sitting at work and the only worry you have till you get back is where the hell your next beer's at. Speaking of which, where is mine at?

Yeah but I'm working almost a full day tomorrow and I have endless amounts of things to do and everything that can wrong has been going wrong so my stress level is at it's height. It's also to damn bad that by the time I go by Evil Rick's house it's going to be about 3 in morning so no chance to have beers with my friend. :doh:

Yeah but I'm working almost a full day tomorrow and I have endless amounts of things to do and everything that can wrong has been going wrong so my stress level is at it's height. It's also to damn bad that by the time I go by Evil Rick's house it's going to be about 3 in morning so no chance to have beers with my friend. :doh:

No chance to drink beers at 3am in the morning whilst on vacation? :lol: Good one, cousin. I uh... lol... I definitely believe you. :lol: Crazy kidder.

No chance to drink beers at 3am in the morning whilst on vacation? :lol: Good one, cousin. I uh... lol... I definitely believe you. :lol: Crazy kidder.

No I'm serious I would totally be down for hangin in Evil Rick's garage and drinking from the beerbarrow but at 3am Evil Rick will be asleep and I will be approaching a rest area to take a nap at as well.