Things Ive learned today

hardrock80srule

1. When buying electronics of any kind - Call the toll free help line first and make sure that you can understand the person on the other end(Nothing pisses me off more than these companys contracting out the customer service to other countries). After talking to Belkin today about my router I finally gave up and said its cheaper to go buy another and sure the hell wont be a belkin. These guy top my list of the absolute worse company ever. You no they offer a premuim service. You pay 22.95 and they will move you up to the front of the call list.

2. I already have a Nintendo wii but anyone out there planning on buying one for Christmas better start looking now as I cant find one within 60 miles of me. Its still 4 motnhs until Christmas. I already own one but wanted another

3. Another game system the PS3 which I bought at a super low price today of 200.00. After almost a year out there are less than 15 games avalable? what the hell!

4. After trying to figure out why in the hell my new speakers didnt sound right i figured out I know nothing about stereos. I couldnt figure out why the music was so loud and the singer could barely be heard in background... Needless to say the settings for theatre, ect. werent right and I had no clue you could actually separate the singer from the music.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. After trying to figure out why in the hell my new speakers didnt sound right i figured out I know nothing about stereos. I couldnt figure out why the music was so loud and the singer could barely be heard in background... Needless to say the settings for theatre, ect. werent right and I had no clue you could actually separate the singer from the music.

I've had a few singers I wished I could do that with... :banana:

I learned that even if I leave really REALLY early for work in the morning, I will STILL manage to end up behind the one other person on the road who feels they shouldn't have to drive anywhere near the speed limit, and hits their brakes constantly for no apparent reason... <_<

Where'd you get that PS3 at that price?!? :blink: I still want to get one.

Today I learned that the people in my local post office have no idea where Slovenia is. I had a package to send there today, when I dropped it on the counter and they read the destination on it, they looked at me as if I was making this country up. They had to pull out a book and look it up in order to charge me the right postage, and were like "Oh yea, look, HERE it is, Slovenia! Who knew?"

Today I learned that the people in my local post office have no idea where Slovenia is. I had a package to send there today, when I dropped it on the counter and they read the destination on it, they looked at me as if I was making this country up. They had to pull out a book and look it up in order to charge me the right postage, and were like "Oh yea, look, HERE it is, Slovenia! Who knew?"

I still think you're making it up... <_<

I still think you're making it up... <_<

OK, you got me. I just spent $4.50 to air mail a package to a non-existent country. Cuz that's just how I roll. Yea, that's the ticket. :crazy:

This IS JERSEY you are talking about;)

This IS JERSEY you are talking about;)

So what are you tryin' to say? You dissin' Tha Jerz? I should have you whacked for talkin' like that... :D

I've had a few singers I wished I could do that with... :banana:

I learned that even if I leave really REALLY early for work in the morning, I will STILL manage to end up behind the one other person on the road who feels they shouldn't have to drive anywhere near the speed limit, and hits their brakes constantly for no apparent reason... <_<

Where'd you get that PS3 at that price?!? :blink: I still want to get one.

I got lucky and saw it on a local classified site. Im not real fan of buying used electronics becuase no warranty but for the price I couldnt resist. In all honesty the wii is a much better system. So far I havent seen anything that makes the PS3 graphics any better. Now I think PS3 was aiming to win in the long run but wii has kicked it up a notch and PS3 may never catch up. By the way everything i said about the PS3 and how hot it gets is true. Just having it turned on setting there cuases it to get decently hot.

I am going to purchase the XBOX 360 here in the next few months. I figure what the hell might as well have them all.

I do have a advantage though I can write these off my taxes as test equipment for games I buy at auctions - Since I am a ebay seller.

Well what they need is a self checkout line like Walmart were you can just do it yourself. Basically thats how my post office works. I go in tell them the postage leave the money and on my way. I just dont have time for them to dig that 1000+ page book out to figure out International postage. I've sent packages to islands around Europe even I never heard of.

Refering back to my post on Belkin. I did alittle search today on Walmart.com for routers. I called all the companys to check the customer service/ Tech depatments... All either are contracted out of the country or They charge you a fee for tech support. What is up with this shit! No offense to our International Rockers out there but it is a nightmare to deal with people you cant understand or they cant understand you. Half the time they have no clue. Anyway I said screw it and called my ISP and paid 149.00 for the router. My first question to her was am I going to be charged a fee for help and are you all based out of the USA.

I no this is nothing new but a few companys have woke up and do not do this. For instance I cannot say enough good about earthlink. These people no there shit.... Remeber back in the day when Dish and Directv used to contract out. I dont think they do this much anymore but I could be wrong. Anyway just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying electronics.

I learnt that Tuesday 11th of September is officially the slowest moving day of all time.

I learnt that f*cking transport companies are so f*cking unreliable it makes me want to cause hurt.

I've learned that a malfunctioning CD drive will work for a little while if you swear at it long enough and loudly enough. :lol:

I realised it yesterday, but I'm again realising my avatar kicks a lot of ass. I just wish the avatars were bigger. Like the breasts in them.

I've learned that it is possible to piss off a telemarketer badly enough that he will actually call you back and mouth off to YOU.

I've learned that Geoff thinks that Danger Danger and Pretty Boy Floyd were Trios.

Danger Danger - 'Dawn' onwards. Comments?

I learned that I really hate working in an environment where I have no "office buddies". It's very boring.

I've learned that Geoff thinks that Danger Danger and Pretty Boy Floyd were Trios.

"Dawn" yes but Tony Bruno played and toured with them the next couple of years, but not sure if he was ever considered a member of the group, but lets face it D2 has always been Steve and Bruno's baby from the beginning.

"Dawn" yes but Tony Bruno played and toured with them the next couple of years, but not sure if he was ever considered a member of the group, but lets face it D2 has always been Steve and Bruno's baby from the beginning.

Backed. I know there were outside players on tour, and album... but the listed band for many years was Steve, Bruno and Paul.

Things I've learned today:

I despise religion and find it even more laughable than I thought before after hearing about "Ramadam".