KIX or Poison

KIX or Poison  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I decided to throw this poll up after reading the "Poison or Ratt" thread. I am pleasently surprised that Ratt is running away with that poll.

Curious to see what you guys, and gals, think of this one.

Guess you know where my vote went. :whistle:

KIX!!!!

I love 'Blow my fuse' and 'Hot wire' but that's about it from Kix, whereas I love every album and song from Poison up to and including 'Native Tongue'... plus a few gems afterwards too. Kix are great, but Poison were the super easy choice for me.

And sorry Jacob, but I disagree 100% with the lite comment. Neither band were ever "heavier" than the other... but Kix's earlier releases were questionable as "rock" albums... imo. :)

I love 'Blow my fuse' and 'Hot wire' but that's about it from Kix, whereas I love every album and song from Poison up to and including 'Native Tongue'... plus a few gems afterwards too. Kix are great, but Poison were the super easy choice for me.

You need to hear Kix's MIDNITE DYNAMITE, G...

You need to hear Kix's MIDNITE DYNAMITE, G...

I own it, my good brother. I own/ed all Kix’s album… and as I said, I do like the guys but IMO Poison were a whole world ahead songwise.

I own it, my good brother. I own/ed all Kix’s album… and as I said, I do like the guys but IMO Poison were a whole world ahead songwise.

(Shakes head) :crying:

(Shakes head) :crying:

Just like X is so much better than High N Dry....

Backed.

Sorry guys, you know I don't fire up and I'm not... I'm just a little stressed and in my current condition I'm not really "getting" the abundance of love for Kix and on the same hand hatred for Poison.

Yeah, Poison wrote 'Unskinny Bop', were all over radio, looked like a bunch of poofs on their debut album, probably still looked undesirable to most afterwards, CC wasn't the greatest musician (and Rikki and Bobby are no maestros either), Bret's lyrics were often "simple" as well as being catchy as hell... but what about all this puts them so much further down the musical spectrum than Kix? On the flipside, they recorded arguably the best glam album in history, wrote some of the best "hits' of the 80's, didn't mess with fillers until after 1993 (except for 'Souls on fire') and were consistent as hell in releasing excellent commercial hard rock.

Sure, Kix were better musicians, but surely all can acknowledge that although not a vocal jesus, Bret Michaels was much better than Whiteman's high pitched efforts? And aside from 'Unskinny Bop', when did Poison ever pen anything as mundane as 'Kix are for kids', 'Yeah, yeah, yeah', 'Bump the la la', 'Pants on fire (Liar liar)', 'Hee bee jee bee crush' and pretty much all of 'Show Business'?

And I mean songs are all a matter of opinion, but to me Kix never came close to writing anything as brilliant as 'No more lookin' back', 'Only time will tell', 'So tell me why', 'Come hell or high water', 'Ride the wind', 'Until you suffer some', 'Theatre of soul', 'Blind faith', Life loves a tragedy', 'Fallen angel', 'Valley of lost souls' etc.

PLEASE, do not get me wrong. I am not attacking Kix and as I said, I really love 'Blow My Fuse' and 'Hotwire'... and now that Keith mentions it, 'Midnite dynamite' is kinda cool. I think they're a great band and tracks like 'Girl Money', 'Tear down the walls', 'Walkin' away', most of 'Blow my fuse' is all classic stuff - I love it!

What I don't get is why people can adore Kix so much, but hate Poison??? They were doing the same kind of thing, and the simple truth of the matter, imo, is that Poison were able to consistently write better, more accessible songs.

What I don't get is why people can adore Kix so much, but hate Poison??? They were doing the same kind of thing, and the simple truth of the matter, imo, is that Poison were able to consistently write better, more accessible songs.

I hear ya Geoff (and I really hope you didn't think I was "attacking" you)... but in my case I guess I always supported Kix over Poison just cuz I'm one of those dudes who roots for the underdog. When they came out with "Blow My Fuse" and finally tasted a little bit of mainstream success, I was happier than anybody, I was like "F**kin' FINALLY!"... sadly, it was short lived for them...

I hear ya Geoff (and I really hope you didn't think I was "attacking" you)... but in my case I guess I always supported Kix over Poison just cuz I'm one of those dudes who roots for the underdog. When they came out with "Blow My Fuse" and finally tasted a little bit of mainstream success, I was happier than anybody, I was like "F**kin' FINALLY!"... sadly, it was short lived for them...

Nah, my brother Keith. I don't think I'm being attacked, especially not by my brothers, but I just think Poison are getting a raw deal, and not for any good reason. You bring up a good point in your email. I truly believe that if Kix had been the band to breakthrough and have the success of Poison, and Poison were the sneaky little underdogs... well maybe the results would be different. Without doubt, Poison are the most unfairly dumped upon band in the entire scene, imo. And I think a lot of it has to do with their success which I guess people think they didn't deserve and despise them for it. The simple fact of the matter is, there are a billion worse bands and what they did was not criminal. Just good, fun rock n'roll.