Stryper

Stryper  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2023 Gold Donors
"To Hell With the Devil" was my introduction to Stryper and remains my favorite and most-played to this day.

Same here. This was the first time I had heard these guys and I played the hell out of my cassette in high school. I still love this one.

"In God We Trust" :whistle:

Hey Rick,

Is that really your favorite? I really like it. Sure it's a little commercial compared to their other releases but there's some great tunes on that one IMO.

Yeah, mine is the only vote for it (which surprises me a bit) but I think it's a great release.

• 2 months later...

Soldiers Under Command gets my vote. But I enjoy To Hell With The Devil just as much. SUC was very instrumental in both my Christian walk, and my metal upbringing, so it has a special place in my heart. It is still one of my all time favorite albums from any band!

• My Little Pony
In order:

1. Against the law

2. Reborn

3. In God we trust

=4. Soldiers under command

=4. To hell with the devil

=4. The yellow and black attack

Wow, I don't we'll ever see it put like that twice.

It goes:

1. Against the Law

2. The Yellow and Black Attack

3. I don't have time for the rest

1. Soldiers Under Command

2. Against The Law

3. In God We Trust

4. To Hell With The Devil

5. The Yellow And Black Attack

6. Reborn

In order:

1. Against the law

2. Reborn

3. In God we trust

=4. Soldiers under command

=4. To hell with the devil

=4. The yellow and black attack

Wow, I don't we'll ever see it put like that twice.

It goes:

1. Against the Law

2. The Yellow and Black Attack

3. I don't have time for the rest

I doubt we'll ever see it put like that again either. :lol:

This is the correct order:

1. Against The Law

2. In God We Trust

3. Reborn

4. The Yellow And Black Attack

5. Soldiers Under Command

6. To Hell With The Devil

1. Against The Law

2. In God We Trust

3. Reborn

To Hell With the Devil last?

Yeah, easily. In summary:

1. Against The Law ; plain and simply, this is their best album by far and anyone who doesn't think this is true... sorry, but you're wrong. ;) Simple as that.

2. In God We Trust ; Good commercial melodic hard rock disc. Quite a few gems on this one. Killer sound too.

3. Reborn ; Good heavy rock album. Aside from the two above, it's their most consistent release.

4. The Yellow And Black Attack ; tinny, piss-weak sound but BY FAR the most consistent album of their first 3 releases, song-wise. Quite a few (with moronic lyrics) really cool songs.

5. Soldiers Under Command ; Like 'To hell with the devil', a lot of fillers but 'Waiting for a Love That's Real' is better than the entire 'THWTD' disc alone.

6. To Hell With The Devil ; This album has the most fillers and no real stand-out track, which all the others do. Either 'Calling on You' or 'Holding on' was the best song but even that fact I forget.

1. Against The Law

2. In God We Trust

3. Reborn

1. Against The Law ; plain and simply, this is their best album by far and anyone who doesn't think this is true... sorry, but you're wrong. ;) Simple as that.

2. In God We Trust ; Good commercial melodic hard rock disc. Quite a few gems on this one. Killer sound too.

3. Reborn ; Good heavy rock album. Aside from the two above, it's their most consistent release.

4. The Yellow And Black Attack ; tinny, piss-weak sound but BY FAR the most consistent album of their first 3 releases, song-wise. Quite a few (with moronic lyrics) really cool songs.

5. Soldiers Under Command ; Like 'To hell with the devil', a lot of fillers but 'Waiting for a Love That's Real' is better than the entire 'THWTD' disc alone.

6. To Hell With The Devil ; This album has the most fillers and no real stand-out track, which all the others do. Either 'Calling on You' or 'Holding on' was the best song but even that fact I forget.

You are on crack buddy...and I mean that with all the love in the world ;)

Putting To Hell With the Devil last is like going up to Michael Sweet & saying "How the Goddamn fuck are ya?" You just don't do it...:)

1. To Hell With The Devil

2. Against the Law

3. In God We Trust

4. Soldiers Under Coammand

5. Yellow & Black Attack

6. Reborn

But none of them suck. I would have loved to have heard an album in 1991-92 that sounded like the two songs on the best of.

1. Against The Law

2. In God We Trust

3. Reborn

You are on crack buddy...and I mean that with all the love in the world ;)

Putting To Hell With the Devil last is like going up to Michael Sweet & saying "How the Goddamn fuck are ya?" You just don't do it...:)

Ah, but I would. Plus I'd add, "You foolish broken-brained goon" onto the end of it.

Here's how I'd rank'em:

1. AGAINST THE LAW

2. THE YELLOW & BLACK ATTACK! (original version of course, not that horrible remix thing)

3. TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL

4. SOLDIERS UNDER COMMAND

5. IN GOD WE TRUST (not a bad disc per se, but it ranks low because it's such a blatant copy of the TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL formula)

6. REBORN (um... should've remained UNBORN)

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up "Against The Law" this weekend and have been listening to it the last couple of days. I bought this on cassette when it came out back in '90 and I thought it sucked hard. That being said, I really am not sure why I picked up the cd. Probably because it was only $4.00 and I know it's getting somewhat hard to track down. So, like I said I have given this a few spins and Lord help me but I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!! This is nothing like I remember listening to back then. Has my taste in music really changed this much in just fif...sixt...seve...eig..nineteen years? Wait, don't answer that! :lol: Maybe my cassette was accidentally loaded with a Paula Abdul recording instead?

I picked up "Against The Law" this weekend and have been listening to it the last couple of days. I bought this on cassette when it came out back in '90 and I thought it sucked hard. That being said, I really am not sure why I picked up the cd. Probably because it was only $4.00 and I know it's getting somewhat hard to track down. So, like I said I have given this a few spins and Lord help me but I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!! This is nothing like I remember listening to back then. Has my taste in music really changed this much in just fif...sixt...seve...eig..nineteen years? Wait, don't answer that! :lol: Maybe my cassette was accidentally loaded with a Paula Abdul recording instead?

:headbanger: .