EZ Livin' - Firestorm (Feb. 2014)

heavyharmonies

ez-livin-cover-web.JPG

ez-livin-pic-web.JPG

The German-American Hard Rock group EZ LIVIN‘ around mastermind and BONFIRE guitar player Hans Ziller returns with former ACCEPT singer David Reece on the mic!

Founded in 1991, EZ LIVIN’ in the same year have sold 20.000 copies of their debut album “After The Fire” in Europe alone. After the release of the record, the band successfully went on the road as part of the Metal Hammer Roadshow together with Axel Rudi Pell, Casanova, Coracko and Domain.

Now, in the year 2013, Hans Ziller has called some new colleagues to get the group going again. The guitarist added some familiar names to the line-up: Harry Reischmann, who’s known as drummer of Ziller’s other band BONFIRE, Ronnie Parks (Tango Down and Seven Witches) on bass guitar, Paul Morris (Rainbow) on keyboards, piano & organ and none other than the aforementioned former ACCEPT front man David Reece (Bangaloire Choir) are completing this band which is playing melodic Hard Rock with a bluesy touch. Chris Lyne (Mother Road and ex Soul Doctor) appears as guest on guitars.

With the new album Firestorm which will be released on 02.28.2014 via Sony Music and was produced & mixed by Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline etc.) EZ LIVIN‘ are ready to rock the European stages again in April 2014!

The band will perform both old and new songs from it’s own catalogue but also offer the classic songs from BONFIRE and ACCEPT – a tour not to miss!

https://www.facebook.com/EZ.Livin.Official

I'm listening to this now... not what I was expecting at all. It's not a bad album, but is in no way similar to the original at all.

Reece's vocal style is completely different from Peter Henrics on the original. Vocal harmonies/choruses are pretty much gone entirely. There are gang choruses, but sans harmonies.

There's a vibe on quite a few of the tracks that remind me of "The Dudes of Wrath" from the Shocker soundtrack. That "Hot in the Shade"-era KISS feel is present on quite a few tracks, just not as polished.

It stands up on its own merit; just ignore any comparison to the original. It's not there.

I've talked to David several times over the last couple of months and i know he's really fired up about this project. I haven't heard it yet but being a big fan of his voice I'll buy it and having Ronnie(Cleavage/Farcry/Tango Down/Seven Witches) involved makes it even better.

Hmmm.... kind of disappointed with this one. Seems everything Reece touches lately is very mediocre at best. The last two Bangalore Choir discs were average. And this is pretty average too.

The only Reece involved disc that I enjoyed recently was the Tango Down disc.

Hmmm.... kind of disappointed with this one. Seems everything Reece touches lately is very mediocre at best. The last two Bangalore Choir discs were average. And this is pretty average too.

His Compromise disc is excellent IMHO. Also the Reece-Knonlund (Solid) disc is great.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. i saw this thread and was excited. Opened it up and read Reece was on vocals and immediately just wrote it off as another average by-the-numbers recent Reece project. Shame...

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I have to admit it wasn't that bad either. The live versions of their older tunes are the highlights, but most the new songs are pretty solid.

• 4 months later...