CATS in SPACE - Too Many Gods

Stefan

Was there a physical release? I could only find a digital version on Amazon.

You like this, mate? Would not have picked you as a fan of this in a billion years.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the first song. Should I listen to the others? I'm guessing I'll be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Oh yes, please do. I think I didn't mind the first song either... I've hated everything since.

I think Geoffrey might be right. I need to listen to some sleaze now.

Haha. Trust me, mate, I am right. I was on board at the start despite them being seemingly over-hyped from the first post, but it did not take long for their true colours to show.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I actually love that song.

Admit I was wrong on this album. There's only one track now which doesn't sit well, the rest I really like

Looking forward to seeing them live next month in a small venue near to my home town.

• 4 weeks later...

I've avoided this one as the samples didn't do much for me mainly as I'm not into this style unless it's completely over the top.

However, I must have put the right song on at the right time and now a week of non-stop listening has catapulted this into one of the best releases of the year.

Everytime I put it on its like opening the windows on a beautiful spring morning. A wonderful breathe of fresh air. Love it!

• My Little Pony

I've avoided this one as the samples didn't do much for me mainly as I'm not into this style unless it's completely over the top.

However, I must have put the right song on at the right time and now a week of non-stop listening has catapulted this into one of the best releases of the year.

Everytime I put it on its like opening the windows on a beautiful spring morning. A wonderful breathe of fresh air. Love it!

Nice! I love it when this happens.

Excellent - exactly what happened with me :)

Seeing them in a few days time!

• 11 months later...

Band have confirmed on FB that the new album will be released in August :)

Also a string of dates in the UK, including 3 in London

Nice.

You saw sense eventually ;) .'Too Many Gods'!! definitely one of the best debuts in at least the last ten years. Roll on the next one in August

You saw sense eventually ;) .'Too Many Gods'!! definitely one of the best debuts in at least the last ten years. Roll on the next one in August

Theyre gonna have to go some to beat NFO

Theyre gonna have to go some to beat NFO

They sure are..I have big expectations with this

Can't wait for a follow up. The first had such a great vibe and flow, if that magic continues we'll be up for something special!

• 2 years later...

I started with Day Trip To Narnia.

Loved it.

So I went back for the first 2 albums.

Started with the second one and it was good, growing after a couple of listens.

So then I tried this first one and BOOM.

I LOVE this album.
One of the very few where I don't see any fillers at all.

What a great band - hope to see them live some time.

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

I started with Day Trip To Narnia.

Loved it.

So I went back for the first 2 albums.

Started with the second one and it was good, growing after a couple of listens.

So then I tried this first one and BOOM.

I LOVE this album.
One of the very few where I don't see any fillers at all.

What a great band - hope to see them live some time.

Amazing live band. 

• 7 months later...

This is getting the reissue treatment. 

Press release:

'We are amazed that even after four pressings and such success of our debut album, to hear that the demand is still so strong that original vinyls and CDs selling for crazy money, we felt it was our duty to bring back Too Many Gods so all the new fans can get a copy, and at the same time offer up some rarities for existing fans to hear. It's a nice way to complete Cats In Space mark 1, and look forward to new adventures in 2020 with the new line-up' - Greg Hart-January 2020 - Yes, CATS in SPACE are finally set to re-issue their classic debut album Too Many Gods as a deluxe special edition on both DOUBLE SILVER vinyl, and also as a double CD in deluxe digi-box packaging in the Spring 2020 through Harmony Factory via Cargo. Both formats include exclusive never before heard songs, plus some blistering live tracks culled from their 2017 tour with Status Quo. Entitled TOO MANY GODS - INFINITY EDITION , both formats should excite all existing fans and all the new fans joining the Cat Army . The band was fortunate to be able to record all their live shows from the Quo tour in 2017, and the selected results here on both editions are quite sublime. Add into the mix the much requested song Scandalous (only available before as a 7" vinyl B-Side) plus the Slade classic How Does It Feel (featuring Thunders' Danny Bowes on co-vocals) and things only get better. But it is the final track, No Regrets (the Walker Brothers classic) revealed for the first time here on both formats that really will impress all. A true 'skyscraper vocal production' that is a fitting end to the first line-up and chapter of Cats in Space. As the band look forward to a new album in 2020, the sky really is the limit now for this highly respected rock band. Indeed it is very much INFINTY and beyond . Available as: TOO MANY GODS INFINITY EDITION - DOUBLE SILVER Vinyl Limited To 500 Copies (Cat: HFV10) - TOO MANY GODS INFINITY EDITION - DOUBLE CD In Digi-Box Limited To 1000 Copies (Cat: HF10)

91DqBbbbEyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

CD ONE – TOO MANY GODS - The Album

1. ARRIVAL
2. TOO MANY GODS
3. STOP
4. LAST MAN STANDING
5. MR HEARTACHE ** Guest appearance by Andy Scott (SWEET)
6. UNFINISHED SYMPHONY
7. SCHOOLYARD FANTASY
8. THE GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD ** Full orchestra composed, arranged and conducted by Mike Moran, ** Guest lead vocals Mick Wilson
9. ONLY IN VEGAS
10. MAN IN THE MOON ** Guest lead vocals Mick Wilson
11. FIVE-MINUTE CELEBRITY
12. VELVET HORIZON

CD TWO – BONUS TRACKS

1. SCANDALOUS
2. HOW DOES IT FEEL (ft Danny Bowes of THUNDER)
3. GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD (Orchestral Mix)
4. TOO MANY GODS (live at Newcastle City Hall 2017)
5. GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD (live at Newcastle City Hall 2017)
6. FIVE MINUTE CELEBRITY (live at Newcastle City Hall 2017)
7. SCHOOLYARD FANTASY (Instrumental exclusive to CD)
8. MR HEARTACHE (original demo exclusive to CD) 
9. NO REGRETS (never before recording from 2016)

Edited by Stefan

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Funny how it's usually beneficial to wait a few years before purchasing an album. 

Probably true, which in turn encourages illegal downloading.
Interesting that the whole music industry screwed themselves by sooking rather than being proactive when Napster started.
now they still haven't learnt and perpetuate the problem.
In years to come it won't be such an issue as spotify etc have an endless library of songs and already its pretty cheap.
I mean if I campare my family plan (AUD $3ea per month) to what I used to spend on physical CD's, it's no comparison.
Also, I'm kind of over having to have the physical thing in my hand these days.
Probably time to sell off my CD collection (for whatever it's worth these days)

• 6 months later...

Being an ELO fan, I had no idea why I never bothered with this. But I am currently spinning this, and I'm surprised. I like it. Too Many Gods is killer. But I love the song Geoff hates with it's Queen-ish chorus. 

I might have been totally wrong about these guys. 

Happy to be wrong. This is on the playlist for awhile.