Best Mexican Fast Food

Jacob M.

Damn I love Mexican food. They just opened a place here called el Vaquerio (or something like that) and the food is awesome!

When I was in the Poconos last weekend, I saw a big billboard along Route 80 for a Mexican restaurant called... "Blue Tequila!" Hey, Rick... when did you go into the restaurant biz? I thought you lived in the Dakotas?? :lol:

I figured that since my HH name is known far and wide I should franchise it. :rofl:

Sweet! How much do they go for? :headbanger:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I love Mexican food. They just opened a place here called el Vaquerio (or something like that) and the food is awesome!

When I was in the Poconos last weekend, I saw a big billboard along Route 80 for a Mexican restaurant called... "Blue Tequila!" Hey, Rick... when did you go into the restaurant biz? I thought you lived in the Dakotas?? :lol:

I figured that since my HH name is known far and wide I should franchise it. :rofl:

Sweet! How much do they go for? :headbanger:

I got a free taco. :dance:

• 1 year later...
We have a new (well, fairly new, it's been there eight or nine months now) Mexican restaurant in town now called "Blue Earth Burrito," not sure if it's part of a chain (cuz I've never heard of 'em before they opened up) or it's just a Mom-and-Pop shop, but the food is dynamite. Problem is, whenever I go there to get food, I seem to be the only customer so I wonder how much longer they're going to be in business. I can't keep them going all by myself. :(

As I somewhat morbidly expected, Blue Earth Burrito did indeed go out of business this past October. I had a feeling that I was one of their few customers. I'll miss their kick ass taco platters and rice and beans. :crying:

The space has since been filled by a new Spanish-style take out place called "Ruby Rose" which I have yet to try, I'm told they have tacos/Mexican food as well as Puerto Rican and Cuban cuisine as well and they're supposedly more affordable than the last place. I'm hoping to investigate 'em soon.

May have said it before, but I'm too lazy to look it up. Taco Cabana in San Antonio is my favorite Mexican fast food place as of July. They had a salsa bar with fresh cilantro... I LOVE cilantro... :)

I am a Mexican food whore!! :crazy:

I have been hitting TACO BELL up a lot!! Their spicey chicken burrito's ROCK!! :headbanger:

There is also a place in Freehold called EL MESON. My favorite Mexican place (Since Freehold is like little Mexico :whistle: )

I don't care if my wife sleeps with a gas mask!! :thppt:

• 2 weeks later...

On the 31st I went to Taco Cabana for the first time. I spent way more than I had intended to. The food wasn't bad, but I found that I liked the salsa better than anything I had to eat it with. The green salsa kicks ace. Yesterday I drove around my new town a bit to try and get used to my new surroundings. I stopped at Jack In The Box for the first time ever and got the Jumbo Deal. A Jumbo Jack, 2 tacos, and a small fry for $2.99. For the price you can't hardly beat it. I thought the tacos weren't bad, but could have been better. With a bit of Trappey's hot sauce they were pretty tasty.

On the 31st I went to Taco Cabana for the first time. I spent way more than I had intended to. The food wasn't bad, but I found that I liked the salsa better than anything I had to eat it with. The green salsa kicks ace. Yesterday I drove around my new town a bit to try and get used to my new surroundings. I stopped at Jack In The Box for the first time ever and got the Jumbo Deal. A Jumbo Jack, 2 tacos, and a small fry for $2.99. For the price you can't hardly beat it. I thought the tacos weren't bad, but could have been better. With a bit of Trappey's hot sauce they were pretty tasty.

I have to agree with the Cabana assessment, the food was okay, but the salsa bar is definitely what pushed my buttons. :headbanger: