Best Mexican Fast Food

Jacob M.

Time to resurrect the best topic ever. I love Mexican fast food. In Tulsa it looks as though Carl's Jr. is making a comeback. In the Carl's Jr's that are still here they have been putting The Green Burrito back in. I've had a chance to try their tacos and they're pretty good. Better than Bell, but not as good as Bueno. I'm planning to try all of their stuff at some point. Their tacos are the only cheap items on the menu though. Today I also happened to see that they're about to open a Chipotle. That kicks so much ass. I've been waiting for Chipotle forever. I hope they're as good as everybody has mentioned.

Still waiting on Taco Del Mar to get to Tulsa. I know they're in OKC and Midwest City already. Del Taco is still on the bordering states and doesn't seem to be getting here any time soon. I found that Taco John's is somewhat close to me. I have to go to Kansas, but at least it's getting closer. If I ever have an excuse to go to Kansas I know that I'll be stopping there.

Man, I love Mexican fast food. How bout you?

My colon doesn't...the damn stuff leaves as fast as it enters.... :shocked:

I hear that. That's why you always eat it at home and make sure the bathroom isn't in use. ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorites:

Taco Johns

They have taco burgers! :woot:

Del Taco and Taco Bell would be my other favorites. Only I don't really like going to Taco Bell because it seems like I have to eat about 15 tacos before I even start to feel full.

Yay for Taco Johns! they do have taco burgers:D YAY! :banana:

There are no Taco John's here but there is Taco Bell. Once in a while I go there. But when I want Mexican food I go to a restaurant called Te Quiero's. What food!!! Delicious.

One of my favorites:

Taco Johns

They have taco burgers! :woot:

Del Taco and Taco Bell would be my other favorites. Only I don't really like going to Taco Bell because it seems like I have to eat about 15 tacos before I even start to feel full.

Yay for Taco Johns! they do have taco burgers:D YAY! :banana:

Oh yeah! :multi:

all our mexican restuarants suck, its all chili and boiled rice...

there are a few places that do good fajitas, but its mainly places like TGIFriday

shame, cause mexican isone of my two favourite foods (doner kebabs being the other)

can anyone recomend a good mexican place in the San Francisco area?

im going to the states in a couple of months, and i would like to eat well!

there are a few places that do good fajitas, but its mainly places like TGIFriday

shame, cause mexican isone of my two favourite foods (doner kebabs being the other)

Dude! Northern Cali Mexican food is my favorite in the world, you will have a lot of choices. It will be hard to go wrong... my opinion, don't even bother with the chains. Most burrito places are small business owned and burritos are something you can actually pick up and eat and filled with fresh ingredients as opposed to knife and fork only smothered with sauce and cheese. If you have to do a chain, Chevy's is probably the closest to the real deal.

These are just my opinions of course, many people prefer the fast food chain version of Mex food. I like that too, but I prefer the real deal whenever I can get it. A Chicken Mole burrito with extra Cilantro and maybe some fresh salsa verde... sign me up!!! :woot:

Real Mexican Food is SO much better than that fast food crap...

Very true.

Amen. Uttering these crappy fast food names as Mexican food is blasphemous.

My rule of thumb is that usually the smaller the place, the better the food. I am a California Mexican food snob. God, I want a carne asada burrito now.

A kids meal bean burrito with a....................MILK??????????!!!!!!!!!! How f'n disgusting is THAT???!!!!! :lol:

LOL I know! I was just acting on orders of the boss...er I mean wife. They actually ended up drinking fruit punch so it wasn't all bad.

The boss. She has you trained well :nyanya: .......can i clone you? :whistle:

We have a new (well, fairly new, it's been there eight or nine months now) Mexican restaurant in town now called "Blue Earth Burrito," not sure if it's part of a chain (cuz I've never heard of 'em before they opened up) or it's just a Mom-and-Pop shop, but the food is dynamite. Problem is, whenever I go there to get food, I seem to be the only customer so I wonder how much longer they're going to be in business. I can't keep them going all by myself. :(

We have a new (well, fairly new, it's been there eight or nine months now) Mexican restaurant in town now called "Blue Earth Burrito," not sure if it's part of a chain (cuz I've never heard of 'em before they opened up) or it's just a Mom-and-Pop shop, but the food is dynamite. Problem is, whenever I go there to get food, I seem to be the only customer so I wonder how much longer they're going to be in business. I can't keep them going all by myself. :(

You could if you wanted to. Quit being a selfish bastard.

If I had the $ I'd BUY this f**kin' place and they could cook for me every day!!

If I had the $ I'd BUY this f**kin' place and they could cook for me every day!!

Dreams are sometimes nice huh?

Dreams are sometimes nice huh?

Sell the Jeep brother Keef, and make the dream a REALITY! :woot:

Very true.

You can't just say one is better. Fast food has many flaws, but it also has some very big advantages. My favorite Mexican food is tacos and burritos. Just about every time I go to Bueno or another fast food place I get those 2 things. I'm being 100% honest when I say that I don't think I've ever had a taco or burrito from a sit down Mexican place that tasted as good. I think that maybe once or twice I've encountered a taco that can compare, but that's because it had steak in it. Sit down places cannot make a good burrito. They just flat out suck. So if I want a burrito or a taco I'll just go to a fast food place. It's cheaper and it tastes better. Simple as that.

What sit down restaurants do better is provide you stuff that is more complicated than fast food. If you have the time to sit down and enjoy a good meal there are a few things they can do that fast food can't. Places like El Chico and Monterey's have top notch enchiladas. If I want that, chimichungas, or whatever else comes to mind I'll get it there. The food is more expensive and you get what you pay for. The chips and salsa are usually better too, though I do love Buenos salsa.

I also wanted to mention the fact that Taco Bueno has breakfast. Does any of the other places around the country have breakfast? I must say that it's fantastic. Who would've thought a burrito with eggs in it would taste so good? The only bad thing is that you don't really see a whole lot of people there that early in the morning. I'm hoping it lasts because their food is so great.

Very true.

You can't just say one is better. Fast food has many flaws, but it also has some very big advantages. My favorite Mexican food is tacos and burritos. Just about every time I go to Bueno or another fast food place I get those 2 things. I'm being 100% honest when I say that I don't think I've ever had a taco or burrito from a sit down Mexican place that tasted as good. I think that maybe once or twice I've encountered a taco that can compare, but that's because it had steak in it. Sit down places cannot make a good burrito. They just flat out suck. So if I want a burrito or a taco I'll just go to a fast food place. It's cheaper and it tastes better. Simple as that.

What sit down restaurants do better is provide you stuff that is more complicated than fast food. If you have the time to sit down and enjoy a good meal there are a few things they can do that fast food can't. Places like El Chico and Monterey's have top notch enchiladas. If I want that, chimichungas, or whatever else comes to mind I'll get it there. The food is more expensive and you get what you pay for. The chips and salsa are usually better too, though I do love Buenos salsa.

I also wanted to mention the fact that Taco Bueno has breakfast. Does any of the other places around the country have breakfast? I must say that it's fantastic. Who would've thought a burrito with eggs in it would taste so good? The only bad thing is that you don't really see a whole lot of people there that early in the morning. I'm hoping it lasts because their food is so great.

You can't compare anything in any sit down place in Oklahoma to the type of Mexican food I am talking about. For lack of a better term I would call the places I love fast food sorta. In most cases its a small walk up window with a person who barely speaks english trying to help you. Very hole in the wall type places. Extensive menus. 5-10 diferent types of burritos and tacos with tostadas, rolled tacos(known as taquitos in most places), chimichangas, tortas and other things. Never prefabricated shells like Taco Bell. Made fresh as you order. Fairly inexpensive. The food is very different than anything you will find in Oklahoma. Regular cheese is used but they also use a very good white cheese known as queso fresco or queso seco. A very flavorful crumbly cheese. A carne adsada burrito is the best. Sent from god to fill my tummy. Honestly, it's an entirely different kind of Mexican food. More flavorful. Not all tex mex like in Oklahoma Jacob. As for the burrito with eggs in it, there are several back home that would fall into the breakfast burrito area. You can get a machaca burrito. Eggs, beef, and so on. Then there is the chorizo burrito. Eggs made with a spicy(sometimes very spicy) chorizo. Hard to explain what chorizo is if you aren't familiar with it. You don't want to know what's in it. The third is a california burrito. No eggs, but plenty of potato, carne, avocado. All very good. Another of my favorites is carne asada chips or carne asada fries. Think all the fixings of a carne asada burrito piled over either chips or fries. God I want California right now.

Very true.

You can't compare anything in any sit down place in Oklahoma to the type of Mexican food I am talking about. For lack of a better term I would call the places I love fast food sorta. In most cases its a small walk up window with a person who barely speaks english trying to help you. Very hole in the wall type places. Extensive menus. 5-10 diferent types of burritos and tacos with tostadas, rolled tacos(known as taquitos in most places), chimichangas, tortas and other things. Never prefabricated shells like Taco Bell. Made fresh as you order. Fairly inexpensive. The food is very different than anything you will find in Oklahoma. Regular cheese is used but they also use a very good white cheese known as queso fresco or queso seco. A very flavorful crumbly cheese. A carne adsada burrito is the best. Sent from god to fill my tummy. Honestly, it's an entirely different kind of Mexican food. More flavorful. Not all tex mex like in Oklahoma Jacob. As for the burrito with eggs in it, there are several back home that would fall into the breakfast burrito area. You can get a machaca burrito. Eggs, beef, and so on. Then there is the chorizo burrito. Eggs made with a spicy(sometimes very spicy) chorizo. Hard to explain what chorizo is if you aren't familiar with it. You don't want to know what's in it. The third is a california burrito. No eggs, but plenty of potato, carne, avocado. All very good. Another of my favorites is carne asada chips or carne asada fries. Think all the fixings of a carne asada burrito piled over either chips or fries. God I want California right now.

Thanks a lot... very hungry now... <_<

Backed though on all counts, except I hate eggs...

I still like Taco Bell on occasion, but I don't think of it as real Mexican, any more than I would think of Pizza Hut or Domino's as authentic pizza. :)

I still like Taco Bell on occasion, but I don't think of it as real Mexican, any more than I would think of Pizza Hut or Domino's as authentic pizza. :)

You mean they're NOT authentic pizza?? :yikes:

I suppose this means that Olive Garden isn't authentic Italian food either??

:o Shut your mouth, you damn blasphemer! That salad dressing is squeezed right from the pustules on the calloused feet of middle aged Italian peasant women and imported right to an Olive Garden near you! Da Vinci designed those breadsticks too, in his little known "Carbohydrate period."

• 2 weeks later...

Taco Bell, Domino's, Olive Garden, none of these are authentic?? WTF!!!?!

Damn I love Mexican food. They just opened a place here called el Vaquerio (or something like that) and the food is awesome!

When I was in the Poconos last weekend, I saw a big billboard along Route 80 for a Mexican restaurant called... "Blue Tequila!" Hey, Rick... when did you go into the restaurant biz? I thought you lived in the Dakotas?? :lol:

Damn I love Mexican food. They just opened a place here called el Vaquerio (or something like that) and the food is awesome!

When I was in the Poconos last weekend, I saw a big billboard along Route 80 for a Mexican restaurant called... "Blue Tequila!" Hey, Rick... when did you go into the restaurant biz? I thought you lived in the Dakotas?? :lol:

I figured that since my HH name is known far and wide I should franchise it. :rofl: