Best Mexican Fast Food

Jacob M.

I've been wondering about this for a while. Ever since that fast food topic I've kind of wondered what people's take would be on Mexican fast food. I ate some Bueno for lunch and it sparked my interest again. There is an ever growing amount of Mexican fast food chains. I've tried a few places and I have to say that my favorite is Taco Bueno. Taco Bueno is the stuff where I live. Most people in my town go to Bueno. Bell rarely has as many people. I used to love Taco Bell. The more I ate Bueno the more I realized how much Bell sucks. Everything that they made failed in comparision to the competition. Some of their exclusive stuff like Chalupas are great but not worth the price they charge. I tend to stay away from Bell just because of that. Taco Mayo was a franchise started in Norman, Ok. There are a few in Tulsa. I love their burritos but the rest of their stuff sucks bad. Tulsa also has a Taco Tico and a Taco Cabana. Not sure if I've ever tried either of those. Green Burrito was part of Carl's Jr. in town but Carl's Jr. went out of business. Not sure if I ever tried it.

We used to have Atomic Burritos in Tulsa and they were really popular. I thought it was going to be the next big Mexican franchise. The company that owned them also owned night clubs and the night clubs were more profitable so they decided to focus on that and they sold their Atomic Burrito franchise to Qdobo. We now have 3 Qdobos in Tulsa and I still need to try them. I heard that Tulsa is getting a few Taco Del Mar's this year but have not heard about any opening yet. I can't wait to try it. Del Taco is now in the bordering states so I know it won't be too long until we get ours. Haven't really heard much about Taco Time, Taco Palace, or Chipotle but I thought I'd put the info out there.

Cipotle

Del Taco

Green Burrito

Qdobo

Taco Bell

Taco Bueno

Taco Cabana

Taco Del Mar

Taco Mayo

Taco Palace

Taco Tico

Taco Time

So, what is everybody's thoughts?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm... Mexican food. :)

The only one I've tried is Taco Bell, though I've been hearing a lot of raves about a fairly new chain in this area called Baja Fresh. There aren't any of them close enough to home for me to check out though.

Geez, I didn't realize there WERE so many Mexican fast food chains out there...and y'know what? I checked every link you provided there, Jacob, and it doesn't look like ANY of these chains other than Taco Bell have outlets in New Jersey. Sheesh. Guess I need to travel to the Midwest and do some samplin' :wacko:

One of my favorites:

Taco Johns

They have taco burgers! :woot:

Del Taco and Taco Bell would be my other favorites. Only I don't really like going to Taco Bell because it seems like I have to eat about 15 tacos before I even start to feel full.

One of my favorites:

Taco Johns

They have taco burgers! :woot:

Del Taco and Taco Bell would be my other favorites. Only I don't really like going to Taco Bell because it seems like I have to eat about 15 tacos before I even start to feel full.

Taco John's doesn't have any locations in New Jersey either! Geez, what is with the anti-NJ bias in the Taco business? Sheesh :P

Taco Bell may not be the best food in the world but it's cheap, and right now it's pretty much all I've got. There's a Taco Bell right down the road from me & my brother's favorite used-CD store too, so we usually stop there after doing some CD shopping so we can munch and look over our latest acqusitions. :)

If I Have to go with a chain Mexican fast food, I choose Rubios back home. It's a chain and I decided against choosing one of the million taco stands in San Diego. If I was including the taco stands, I would have chose Aibertos on the corner of Marlboro & University.

That's a shame that most people only know what Taco Bell is. Taco Bell is lacking in so many ways. At Bueno the food is so much better. They have fresh salsa that owns. Some of the best salsa that I've ever eaten. The original salsa is the best. The newer salsa they have isn't as good. Crunchy tacos, soft tacos, tostados, bean burritos, Mucho nachos, nacho salad, and so many of their platters like the Chilada platter that are just so good. One of the best things they have is their Potato Burrito. It has a crunchy hashbrown inside with beef, lettuce, sour cream, and cheese sauce. It's oh so good and even better when you add the salsa to it.

Bueno is a great fast food Mexican place. Don't get me wrong though, Bueno has a lot of stuff that I wouldn't eat. Their chicken taquitos are gross. They're too expensive to be so gross. The chicken potato burrito is too gross to describe. I think in general anything with chicken at Bueno probably sucks. Wanted to try the new chicken Chilada platter but figured it would probably suck.

I found some more chains. I knew about La Salsa but I forgot about it. I think I might have even heard about El Pollo Loco before. I also found that Maui Tacos has a location in Jersey. Not sure if that will help you out or not because I'm not sure of it's location in relation to you, Fat Freddy, but I thought I'd mention it.

El Pollo Loco

La Salsa

Maui Tacos

Mighty Taco

Rubios

Taco Box

Zantigo

Also, here's the Baja Fresh website.

I found some more chains. I knew about La Salsa but I forgot about it. I think I might have even heard about El Pollo Loco before. I also found that Maui Tacos has a location in Jersey. Not sure if that will help you out or not because I'm not sure of it's location in relation to you, Fat Freddy, but I thought I'd mention it.

El Pollo Loco

La Salsa

Maui Tacos

Mighty Taco

Rubios

Taco Box

Zantigo

Baja Fresh is a sad Rubios wannabe. El Pollo Loco is pretty tasty though. Never heard of the rest. we have a place called Poblanos Grill here that is damn good.

El Pollo Loco

La Salsa

Maui Tacos

Mighty Taco

Rubios

Taco Box

Zantigo

Thanks for the tip, Jacob but the Maui Tacos is in one of the terminals at Newark International Airport. That's kind of a haul for me to go just to try a taco. Oh well... :P

I went to Qdoba on Friday. It was freakin expensive. Pretty good food though. It's not really like a Bueno or Bell in any way. It's like gourmet Mexican food. It was nearly $2 for a steak Taco. The cheapest taco they had was a chicken taco and it was like $1.69. I also got a steak burrito and it was like $5.50. For 2 items it cost me $8.55. It was good but not that good. I could have got like 8 bean burritos at Bueno for that price.

That night when I was getting drunk with my cousin and some other people they had the idea to get Mr. Tacos. I was a bit gone so it sounded great to me. The taco platter was freakin good. It had 6 mini tortillas, steak taco filling, rice, and beans. The hot sauce mixed in made it perfect. I have to say that eating Mexican food while drunk is the only way to go. That's what me and my friends always do.

I have a great (and by great I mean shitty) Taco Bell story that happened last night. My wife wanted a crunch wrap classic. I have never heard of a them but I told her I'd get her one. Apparently there is no such thing as a crunch wrap classic, only a crunch wrap supreme. I didn't know that so I'm asking for a crunch wrap classic combo with sprite, bean burrito kids meal with no onions with milk and 6 tacos. Well the kid taking my order says they only have a crunch wrap supreme and the combo number is #5. So I look at the menu board and it says the crunch wrap supreme combo is #9. So I tell him that and he says "so you want 9 crunch wrap supreme combos?". I said no, the combo number is #9, not #5. He tells me to pull around and starts arguing with me at the window that it's listed as #5 on the menu board and I told him to go look at it himself. He then looks at the menu board in the store and says "oh". Then he tells me they are out of milk, what do I want instead. I said fruit punch. He hands me the Sprite and fruit punch, then says "oh, we found a milk, I'll give it to you for free" and hands me my order. Then he shut the window and I start going thru the bag to make sure everything is in there but I'm trying to hurry because there are cars behind me. Then another guy opens the window and says "here's your lemonade". I told him I didn't order one and he looks at me all funny and closes the window.

So I get home and start going through the bag. Instead of getting a kids bean burrito with no onions, they give me a burrito supreme loaded, which my picky 3 year old is not going to touch. Then they forgot to include the side of apples that come with the meal. Then, I had asked for a hardshell taco with my wife's combo and got a softshell instead. And to top it off, the guy charged me for that damn lemonade that I never ordered! I'm glad that's not a place I go to often because I will not be going back there for a very long time after that fiasco.

I have a great (and by great I mean shitty) Taco Bell story that happened last night. My wife wanted a crunch wrap classic. I have never heard of a them but I told her I'd get her one. Apparently there is no such thing as a crunch wrap classic, only a crunch wrap supreme. I didn't know that so I'm asking for a crunch wrap classic combo with sprite, bean burrito kids meal with no onions with milk and 6 tacos. Well the kid taking my order says they only have a crunch wrap supreme and the combo number is #5. So I look at the menu board and it says the crunch wrap supreme combo is #9. So I tell him that and he says "so you want 9 crunch wrap supreme combos?". I said no, the combo number is #9, not #5. He tells me to pull around and starts arguing with me at the window that it's listed as #5 on the menu board and I told him to go look at it himself. He then looks at the menu board in the store and says "oh". Then he tells me they are out of milk, what do I want instead. I said fruit punch. He hands me the Sprite and fruit punch, then says "oh, we found a milk, I'll give it to you for free" and hands me my order. Then he shut the window and I start going thru the bag to make sure everything is in there but I'm trying to hurry because there are cars behind me. Then another guy opens the window and says "here's your lemonade". I told him I didn't order one and he looks at me all funny and closes the window.

So I get home and start going through the bag. Instead of getting a kids bean burrito with no onions, they give me a burrito supreme loaded, which my picky 3 year old is not going to touch. Then they forgot to include the side of apples that come with the meal. Then, I had asked for a hardshell taco with my wife's combo and got a softshell instead. And to top it off, the guy charged me for that damn lemonade that I never ordered! I'm glad that's not a place I go to often because I will not be going back there for a very long time after that fiasco.

Yet another example of why I NEVER go thru the drive-up lane... God knows that fast food places will screw up your order often enough if you go in and order at the counter, but drive-thru's are even worse!!

Yet another example of why I NEVER go thru the drive-up lane... God knows that fast food places will screw up your order often enough if you go in and order at the counter, but drive-thru's are even worse!!

This should probably go in the "movie quotes" thread but...

"and then..."

"no and then!"

The Mexican Phone company(Taco Hell) sucks..it's not real Mexican food.. here in Illinois we have a few places that are owned and

operated by our friends in the Spanish Community that Kick ASS...

Real Mexican Food is SO much better than that fast food crap...we used to have a fast food place called Taco Gringo that was pretty good though

..real mexican food Must be enjoyed with an Ale or Pilsner of some sort..

such as Corona/ Lime,Bud Lite,Coors,Sam Adams,Ect...

You know up until I was about 20 (26 now) I had never eaten at a Taco Bell cause I had heard things about the ones around where I lived and then in HS knew a guy that worked there and lets just say I wouldn't eat anywhere this guy worked.

Now I can honestly say their not that bad, I prefer the Nachos Bell Grande w/o beans and their supreme tacos.

When it come to Taco Bell, I'm a sucker for their mexican pizzas. But when I'm at an authentic Mexican restaurant I usually get a flauta (if that's how it's spelled).

A kids meal bean burrito with a....................MILK??????????!!!!!!!!!! How f'n disgusting is THAT???!!!!! :lol:

I love the Bell, but I am also fully aware that it is not authentic.

I'm told that the majority of what we in the U.S. call "Chinese Food" would be unrecognizable to an actual Chinese person, too. "General Tso? Who is that, and why does he have a chicken dish named after him?"

A kids meal bean burrito with a....................MILK??????????!!!!!!!!!! How f'n disgusting is THAT???!!!!! :lol:

LOL I know! I was just acting on orders of the boss...er I mean wife. They actually ended up drinking fruit punch so it wasn't all bad.

LOL I know! I was just acting on orders of the boss...er I mean wife. They actually ended up drinking fruit punch so it wasn't all bad.

Who got the lemonade then??? :lol:

Who got the lemonade then??? :lol:

The goofball working the drive up window did...and I paid for it! :axe::lol:

Sounds like you are just being finicky to me. :P