KISS- HOT IN THE SHADE FAVORITE SONG

WHAT'S YOUR FAV SONG FROM KISS' HOT IN THE SHADE  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw Kiss in concert for the 1st time on the Hot in the Shade tour so this one is one that I always really liked.

Gene was starting to write some good songs again around this time. ( Cadillac, Prisoner of love, Betrayed ).

Again Paul came up with the goods with "Forever", "King of Hearts", "Hide your Heart, "You love me to Hate You" to name a few.

My fav though has always been "Rise to It'.

Not only was it a great song but it was a cool video with them putting the makeup on for the first time in 8 years.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is "Forever" but there a few good ones. "Hide Your Heart", "You love Me To Hate You" and ""Rise To It". I remember working at a record store when this came out and to promote "Rise To It" the record sent a KISS condom with the CD single...

I always thought, and still do think that 'King of hearts' is such a f*cking killer commercial hard rocker. I LOVE that tune! BUT, in this case I had to go with the wonderful 'Forever'. I also thought about trying to get this snuck into my wedding somehow. :) Beautiful tune, that one, been a long-time fave of mine.

Forever, it was even in my wedding

I really campaigned and pushed for "Forever" to be played in my wedding, but my wife-to-be had her heart set on a gooey ballad by some Garth Brooks soundalike mutherf**ker in a black hat ... guess which one we ended up going with? Hint: It wasn't "Forever."

Let this be a lesson to grooms-to-be everywhere: Don't even TRY to influence your bride-to-be about ANYTHING relating to "her" wedding. It ain't happening. Just shut up, show up at the right time on the right day in a tuxedo, and say "Yes, I do," and that should be the extent of your participation in the wedding process. The rest is up to the bride and her mother (and 1000 pounds of bridal magazines)

PHEW! Kinda went off on a rant there didn't I?

Anyway, I also saw KISS for the first time on this tour... in fact, it was the last show OF this tour, at Madison Square Garden in 1990. Eric Carr passed away just about a year later so I also saw Eric's last show, period. Kinda sad, but MAN did he kick some ass that night... to this day, Eric Carr is the only drummer whose solo, for me, was NOT a cue to visit the men's room or the refreshment stand. :)

Forever, it was even in my wedding

I really campaigned and pushed for "Forever" to be played in my wedding, but my wife-to-be had her heart set on a gooey ballad by some Garth Brooks soundalike mutherf**ker in a black hat ... guess which one we ended up going with? Hint: It wasn't "Forever."

Let this be a lesson to grooms-to-be everywhere: Don't even TRY to influence your bride-to-be about ANYTHING relating to "her" wedding. It ain't happening. Just shut up, show up at the right time on the right day in a tuxedo, and say "Yes, I do," and that should be the extent of your participation in the wedding process. The rest is up to the bride and her mother (and 1000 pounds of bridal magazines)

PHEW! Kinda went off on a rant there didn't I?

Anyway, I also saw KISS for the first time on this tour... in fact, it was the last show OF this tour, at Madison Square Garden in 1990. Eric Carr passed away just about a year later so I also saw Eric's last show, period. Kinda sad, but MAN did he kick some ass that night... to this day, Eric Carr is the only drummer whose solo, for me, was NOT a cue to visit the men's room or the refreshment stand. :)

Did you see the tour with Slaughter/ Faster Pussycat opening?

Or was it with Winger/ Vixen opening?

I saw it with Slaughter/FP and Kiss ruled that night. Your right about Eric Carr he was awesome.

Believe or not there was a 14 or 15 year old kid a row in front of me and he slept through Kiss' set.

I was wanting to slap him in the head all night.

The openers when I saw'em in 1990 were Winger and Slaughter. I thought Slaughter were terrible (still do) but Winger were actually a heckuva lot heavier live than on record, they impressed the hell out of me that night.

Faster Pussycat were one of the openers when I saw the REVENGE tour in 1992... the other being our local New Jersey heroes Trixter... God, that was so long ago...

The openers when I saw'em in 1990 were Winger and Slaughter. I thought Slaughter were terrible (still do) but Winger were actually a heckuva lot heavier live than on record, they impressed the hell out of me that night.

Faster Pussycat were one of the openers when I saw the REVENGE tour in 1992... the other being our local New Jersey heroes Trixter... God, that was so long ago...

I saw one of the 1st shows on that tour so I guess that was one of the 1st shows that Slaughter did.

I only knew Up All Night at that time, but they sounded really bad.

I've seen them 4 or 5 times since and they've been good everytime.

The thing that pissed me off about Slaughter was they wanted you to buy something from their merchandise booth or they wouldn't allow you in their meet and greet line after their show.

I was never crazy about Slaughter to begin with, but the girl I went to the show with wanted to see'em, so even though I would've rather been in the bar across the street from MSG until Winger came on, I went in and watched Slaughter. Mark's voice was even more nasal and annoying live than it was on record, IMHO.

The girl I was with summed 'em up perfectly for me about 3/4 of the way thru their set when she said "Well, they're all HOT, but they can't play worth a damn," hahahaha!

Not the best Kiss album for me - pretty patchy, but there is one shining light.

Paul Stanley & Michael Bolton's - Forever - Great Great ballad

Not the best Kiss album for me - pretty patchy, but there is one shining light.

Paul Stanley & Michael Bolton's - Forever - Great Great ballad

Yeah, not a great disc at all. Well worth owning for this magnificent track though, & a really easy choice: "Forever".

I always thought, and still do think that 'King of hearts' is such a f*cking killer commercial hard rocker. I LOVE that tune!

King of hearts is my favorite, maybe the most under rated Kiss song,

I also agree with Mulllethead

Now, now, now, you're making a broad generalization (or should I say, a generalization about broads). ;) I actually picked the colors for our wedding, as well as most of the music, which included our dance song (Shakra: "I Will Be There") as well as the song we exited down the aisle to (Signal: "What is Love"). Oh yeah, I also wrote our vows. So, you see, guys, there are gals out there who will let you be more than a passive participant in their (your) wedding. Of course, finding them gals is a whole 'nother matter, and the best one's already taken, 'cause I married her. :wub:

Oh yeah, to stay on topic, I voted for "King of Hearts."

Now, now, now, you're making a broad generalization (or should I say, a generalization about broads). ;) I actually picked the colors for our wedding, as well as most of the music, which included our dance song (Shakra: "I Will Be There") as well as the song we exited down the aisle to (Signal: "What is Love"). Oh yeah, I also wrote our vows. So, you see, guys, there are gals out there who will let you be more than a passive participant in their (your) wedding. Of course, finding them gals is a whole 'nother matter, and the best one's already taken, 'cause I married her. :wub:

Oh yeah, to stay on topic, I voted for "King of Hearts."

I organised the honeymoon and that's it for me. I'm in the same boat as Freddy (I think it's the same one Pete and I were in the other day. Can you see Pete, Freddy? Is that him licking that trout again? Bloody hell, doesn't he learn? You don't need to clean them with your tongue, Pete! Fresh water works just fine.) Actually, I've had a say in a couple of things... all have been over-ruled... but the music is a dead issue. Not a chance in the world I'm going to slip an 80's hard rock track into proceedings. :( Would be nice, but no point ruining her day just for that one little desire of mine. :D

I was thinking 'Right by my side' by 7th Heaven, 'I could never be without you' by Enuff Z' Nuff, 'Shouldn't I be lying in your arms' by Fury, 'Something about you' by Johnny Lima, 'When I look into your eyes' by Firehouse... something along those lines... but I doubt I'll get a thing. I'm going to try and push the 7th Heaven one though... HAH.gif

I feel your pain Geoff. The only musical concession I got at my wedding was G&R's "Sweet Child O'Mine" and the Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated" being played at the reception, both late in the evening after all the old folks had gone home. I think my brother pressured the DJ into playing the Ramones tune ;)

Metalmaniac, I am impressed that you had that much say in your wedding proceedings. You obviously got a rare one there! Although I still wouldn't trade my lovely wife for anything, even though she has awful taste in music (country! UGH!)

I feel your pain Geoff. The only musical concession I got at my wedding was G&R's "Sweet Child O'Mine" and the Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated" being played at the reception, both late in the evening after all the old folks had gone home. I think my brother pressured the DJ into playing the Ramones tune ;)

Metalmaniac, I am impressed that you had that much say in your wedding proceedings. You obviously got a rare one there! Although I still wouldn't trade my lovely wife for anything, even though she has awful taste in music (country! UGH!)

Yeah... don't get me wrong. Wouldn't trade my girl in for anything in the world either. Her taste in music, maybe... but not her. :wub:

I think we'll probably get some Bon Jovi in there - definately, actually, and maybe a little Gunners but that'd be about it. :(

I like a few tracks equally.....so I voted for 'Little Caesar'....Eric Carr helped write that one...so that's the one I voted for!

I like a few tracks equally.....so I voted for 'Little Caesar'....Eric Carr helped write that one...so that's the one I voted for!

and sang that one too

It's to bad he didn't sing more songs, he had a good voice.

I really think if he wouldn't of passed on that he would of sang at least a song on every cd they did.