KISS- LICK IT UP: FAV SONG

LICK IT UP - WHATS YOUR FAV SONG?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just the opposite for me. This is my least favorite 80's era KISS album. I also went with Exciter as my favorite track.

I always liked "Fits Like A Glove"... classic Gene Simmons sex song there... heavy as hell too... great album overall, one of their better ones from the 80s.

I always liked "Fits Like A Glove"... classic Gene Simmons sex song there... heavy as hell too... great album overall, one of their better ones from the 80s.

I love that lyric in that song "Cause when I go through her it's just like a hot knife through butter".

Classic Gene. This was his some of his best material of the 80's. He didn't have any great songs again until the Revenge album.

I love that lyric in that song "Cause when I go through her it's just like a hot knife through butter".

Classic Gene. This was his some of his best material of the 80's. He didn't have any great songs again until the Revenge album.

That's cuz he was too busy being a movie star, a record label mogul and a producer... Paul Stanley was pretty much driving the KISS ship from ANIMALIZE up until REVENGE

That's cuz he was too busy being a movie star, a record label mogul and a producer... Paul Stanley was pretty much driving the KISS ship from ANIMALIZE up until REVENGE

Did you read that part of Gene Simmons book where he claims to have been offered the lead role in the first Predator movie before it was offered to Arnold. I'm not sure you can believe half of the stuff Gene says.

You're right about Paul driving the ship but I am thankful Gene helped House of Lords release a couple of albums.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Lick It Up for me. It's just a great sing along song. I even got some of my old co-workers (who listen to rap/hip-hop) into this song. Before I knew it, they were asking me to bring to work and singing along as well.

Umm, excuse me...are you both on weed? :P

No good songs again until Revenge???I beg to differ (as usual :) ) Burn Bitch Burn, Secretly cruel, Hell or High Water, Thief in the Night, Betrayed, Somewhere Between Heaven & Hell...I could go on but I won't... :)

JL

No good songs again until Revenge???I beg to differ (as usual :) ) Burn Bitch Burn, Secretly cruel, Hell or High Water, Thief in the Night, Betrayed, Somewhere Between Heaven & Hell...I could go on but I won't... :)

JL

Oh, I almost forgot....Not For The Innocent for me on this album! :banger:

JL

I went with Dance All Over Your Face....however, it could have been a few others from that album. That's a great KISS album!

>>>Umm, excuse me...are you both on weed? No good songs again until Revenge???I beg to differ (as usual ) Burn Bitch Burn, Secretly cruel, Hell or High Water, Thief in the Night, Betrayed, Somewhere Between Heaven & Hell...I could go on but I won't...

I didn't mean to imply that there were no good KISS songs again till Revenge, I said that there were no real "Gene" songs until then. Paul did a fine job driving the ship while Gene was off in La-La-Land IMHO. Animalize and Asylum are great records, I'm a little less fond of Crazy Nights and Hot In The Shade but they each have their moments...

And by the way, I haven't had any weed since the early 90s. I went thru my "I'm a little pot head" phase while I was in college but haven't touched it since ;)

JL

JL

JL

What I was trying to say Jared was that the quality of Gene's songs on Creatures and Lick it Up are far superior to anything he wrote until "Unholy" on Revenge. And it took the help of Vinnie Vincent to write "Unholy". He didn't write any songs I hated....I just feel they weren't as good as the early 80's stuff.

JL

JL

JL

What I was trying to say Jared was that the quality of Gene's songs on Creatures and Lick it Up are far superior to anything he wrote until "Unholy" on Revenge. And it took the help of Vinnie Vincent to write "Unholy". He didn't write any songs I hated....I just feel they weren't as good as the early 80's stuff.

Oh by the way I haven't smoked weed for at least two or three hours. ;)

I went with A million To One but this is nowhere near my fave KISS album.

Not Kiss' best album by a long shot, but if I had to pick a song, it would be "Lick It Up," which is the best of a mediocre bunch.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Y'know, it's kinda sad that so few people give Paul Stanley ANY props whatsoever for his status as a rap metal pioneer.... I mean, check out his mad flow on "All Hell's Breakin' Loose" off of this album.

Keep in mind that this song was released three years before Aerosmith/Run DMC's "Walk This Way," five years before Anthrax's "I'm The Man," six years before Faith No More's "Epic," and a decade-plus before Limp Bizkit! Paul was WAAAAY ahead of the curve!!! So why ain't he gettin' no creditz? Seriously, check dis dope-ass freestylin' lyric:

"Street hustler comes up to me one day and I'm just walkin down the street mindin' mah own bid'ness

Now he looks me up and he looks me down and he sez HEY MAN

What be this? And what be that? And why you gotta look like that?

I just looked at him I kinda laughed and I said HEY MAN, I am cool, I am THE PRIEST!"

DAAAAAAAAAMN! THAT'S SHEER MOTHAF*CKIN STREET POETRY DAWG!

Worrrrrd up! You GO Star-Child P! Bust'em off somethin PROPER! Knum'sayin'?? :pimp:

y'know, it's kinda sad that so few people give Paul Stanley ANY props whatsoever for his status as a rap metal pioneer.... I mean, check out his mad freestylin' flow on "All Hell's Breakin' Loose" off of this album.

Keep in mind that this song was released three years before Aerosmith/Run DMC's "Walk This Way," five years before Anthrax's "I'm The Man," six years before Faith No More's "Epic," and a decade-plus before Limp Bizkit! Paul was WAAAAY ahead of the curve!!! So why ain't he gettin' no creditz?

"Street hustler comes up to me one day and I'm just walkin down the street mindin' mah own bid'ness

Now he looks me up and he looks me down and he sez HEY MAN

What be this? And what be that? And why you gotta look like that?

I just looked at him I kinda laughed and I said HEY MAN, I am cool, I am THE PRIEST!"

SHEER MOTHAF*CKIN STREET POETRY DAWG!

Worrrrrd up! You GO Star-Child P! Bust'em off somethin PROPER! Knum'sayin'?? :pimp:

The first time I heard that tune I thought to myself "is he rapping"?????

I still love the song and album and yes Paul was way ahead of this time as you said.

Paul was way ahead of this time as you said.

:pickle:

I was kinda shoveling it with both hands on that prior post, as I guess you could tell. But I'm glad you agree with me!!

Back when I first heard that song (circa '83) I had no idea what "rap" was so I didn't know what the hell Paul was doin' there... I think we called it "talk singing..." :lmao: What did we know, we were a bunch of suburban white boys!!!

Paul was way ahead of this time as you said.

:pickle:

I was kinda shoveling it with both hands on that prior post, as I guess you could tell. But I'm glad you agree with me!!

Back when I first heard that song (circa '83) I had no idea what "rap" was so I didn't know what the hell Paul was doin' there... I think we called it "talk singing..." :lmao: What did we know, we were a bunch of suburban white boys!!!

:rofl2: