Every UK Number One - 1988

Every UK Number One - 1989

2Cellos - 2Cellos

2Cellos - In2ition

2Cellos - Celloverse

Adastra - Deadlock

Icon were such a fantastic band...
Icon - Right Between The Eyes

I take it you completely disagreed with my 73% rating of this album then??

A pretty strong first half, but generally average second [second half songs ranging from 6 to 7.25].

It's not as good as the two albums that preceded it, but I still like it. I gave it an 81% which is probably admittedly a little high due to my overall fondness of the band, but I do like the album. 'A Far Cry' is sensational.

I will say, 'Night of the crime' is going to be a solid contender for a top five finish in 1985. Fantastic CD!!

A Far Cry is very good......the best song on the album in fact in at 8.75.

Love that song!

I think 73 is too low Glen for Icon.

I gave it a solid 83.2% so I assume by your standard, your score should hike to the very least, 78 or 79,

but 80-83 is a good reasonable result

Second half is weak imo.

Funnily enough, 'Holy Man's War' is one of my favourite songs on the disc, and 'Forever young' and 'Running under fire' are two of my faves too. That said, I agree that 'Bad times' and 'Double life' are the two weakest songs on the disc.

Anyway, I'd been looking forward to this day for a while:

Jaded Heart - Inside Out
Jaded Heart - Slaves & Masters
Jaded Heart - Mystery Eyes
Jaded Heart - IV
Jaded Heart - The Journey Will Never End
Jaded Heart - Trust

Second half is weak imo.

Funnily enough, 'Holy Man's War' is one of my favourite songs on the disc, and 'Forever young' and 'Running under fire' are two of my faves too. That said, I agree that 'Bad times' and 'Double life' are the two weakest songs on the disc.

Jaded Heart - Inside Out
Jaded Heart - IV
Jaded Heart - Trust

I dont own any Jaded Heart.

Listened to loads of their stuff on you tube, but just didnt do much for me.

Am i wrong in saying that a lot of their stuff is medium paced?? I think that's what put me off.

Second half is weak imo.

Jaded Heart - Inside Out
Jaded Heart - IV
Jaded Heart - Trust

Am i wrong in saying that a lot of their stuff is medium paced?? I think that's what put me off.

Yes, you're very wrong in saying that, frankly. ;) They're just a "normal" hard rock band with as many fast paced hard rock songs as any other band like them, and likewise, a similar amount of medium paced stuff and ballads.

I'm surprised you don't even own 'IV,' which is a fantastic CD. In my opinion, from 1999 to 2005 these guys were one of the premier bands of "our genre" and I felt that everyone was anticipating their next albums at the time. Shame what's become of Bormann and the band's popularity, but I absolutely love all 6 of those albums above. I scored them all from 80-86%.

Second half is weak imo.

Jaded Heart - Inside Out
Jaded Heart - IV
Jaded Heart - Trust

Yes, you're very wrong in saying that, frankly. ;) They're just a "normal" hard rock band with as many fast paced hard rock songs as any other band like them, and likewise, a similar amount of medium paced stuff and ballads.

I'm surprised you don't even own 'IV,' which is a fantastic CD. In my opinion, from 1999 to 2005 these guys were one of the premier bands of "our genre" and I felt that everyone was anticipating their next albums at the time. Shame what's become of Bormann and the band's popularity, but I absolutely love all 6 of those albums above. I scored them all from 80-86%.

OK, if you were to pick the best 5 rockers what would they be ?

I need to double check Im not missing something great here.................

Cheers

Second half is weak imo.

Jaded Heart - Inside Out
Jaded Heart - IV
Jaded Heart - Trust

Cheers

Tough question, but here's 5 (6) of the best rockers, strictly from the Bormann years (because if you include afterwards, the list is endless):

How Many Tears (Inside Out)

Listen (Inside Out)

Surrender (Inside Out)

Heaven Is Falling (Mystery Eyes)

When You Hear The Thunder (IV)

Anymore (Trust)

And I just have to include my favourite song of theirs (medium paced, funnily enough) as I think it's just a completely flawless song:

With Your Eyes (IV)

Also a song well worthy of note, even though it was "only" a Jap bonus track that surfaced on one of those MTM compilations (and the Jap version of 'IV')... but it's one of the best bonus tracks I've ever heard:

Under The Skies of Africa (IV Bonus Track)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdzV39S7WAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52vr1yYv7es

B.E. Taylor Group - Love Won The Fight, CDr

B.E. Taylor Group - Our World

Le Roux - Up

Eyes - s/t

Second half is weak imo.

Jaded Heart - Inside Out

Jaded Heart - IV

Jaded Heart - Trust

Cheers

Tough question, but here's 5 (6) of the best rockers, strictly from the Bormann years (because if you include afterwards, the list is endless):

Listen (Inside Out)

Surrender (Inside Out)

Anymore (Trust)

And I just have to include my favourite song of theirs (medium paced, funnily enough) as I think it's just a completely flawless song:

With Your Eyes (IV)

Also a song well worthy of note, even though it was "only" a Jap bonus track that surfaced on one of those MTM compilations (and the Jap version of 'IV')... but it's one of the best bonus tracks I've ever heard:

Thanks mate.

Some real good stuff there - i will investigate further

Yeah I think JADED HEART's prime years are the early era,

and I reckon they're a 'low 80%-ish' type of band but definitely deserved some occasional spins

back to topic :

WORKOFART_A.JPGISSA_SOA.JPG

TOTO9.JPGFIREHOUSE_ST2.JPG

Second half is weak imo.

Jaded Heart - Inside Out

Jaded Heart - IV

Jaded Heart - Trust

Cheers

Listen (Inside Out)

Surrender (Inside Out)

Anymore (Trust)

With Your Eyes (IV)

Thanks mate.

Some real good stuff there - i will investigate further

Yeah mate, it'll be worth your while. They were a real good band for a very long time. I wholeheartedly recommend 'Inside Out,' 'IV,' and 'Helluva Time' (first disc with new singer is arguably their best). For me, I always compared them with Gotthard because they have been around for about the same amount of time and released about the same amount of CDs. Not everyone will agree with this, but for my money, Jaded Heart have released the better album on every single occasion.

Anyway, J is proving to be a very good letter so far. Christ almighty that 'Helluva Time' disc is good. If you want hard rockers, that one has them in spades, Glen, and many are fantastic. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwvYNwCK6A

Jaded Heart - Helluva Time
Jaded Heart - Sinister Mind
Jaded Heart - Perfect Insanity
Jag Wire - Made In Heaven
Jagged Edge - Fuel For Your Soul
Jagged Edge - Trouble
Jailhouse - Jailhouse
Steevi Jaimz - My Private Hell