What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Halestorm - 'Strange case of...' ; a real shame it takes a bundle of ballads for this to "kick in"... :(

I kinda see why you think that, but "Love Bites" is a perfect opener IMO. That disc is becoming a big fave of mine, after I was hardly blown away by the last disc.

Np: ROMEOS DAUGTHER - Rapture (utterly brilliant disc)

Halestorm - 'Strange case of...' ; a real shame it takes a bundle of ballads for this to "kick in"... :(

I kinda see why you think that, but "Love Bites" is a perfect opener IMO. That disc is becoming a big fave of mine, after I was hardly blown away by the last disc.

I dont.....'I Miss The Misery' is better than the opener (which is excellent in itself) and the other 2 are great as well IMO.

:P

I dont.....'I Miss The Misery' is better than the opener (which is excellent in itself) and the other 2 are great as well IMO.

'Miss the misery' is solid - on par with a song like 'Daughters of darkness' later on. The other 2 are close to awful and 'Love bites' is okay, but shamefully average hard rock. Especially for an opener.

They're just not great songs, but I do love 'Beautiful with you' and 'Break in' has a killer chorus hook. After that, aside from 'American boys,' most the songs are pretty good, but 3 of the weakest songs on the whole CD are in those first 4. :(

Hydrogyn - 'Private sessions' ; though Halestorm is better than this one for sure.

The Used - 'Vulnerable' ; another one which features all the best songs on the 2nd half

The Veer Union - 'Divide the blackened sky' ; a keeper, but I'm still not sold. Better than Shinedown if nothing else.

Trixter - 'New audio machine' ; good, harmless fun

Spin Gallery - Stand Tall

Spin Gallery - Embrace

Chris Antblad - Century

Chris Antblad - A New Dawn

TYKETTO - Dig It Up (can't even remember what the bastard is called?)

Balls to this one.

Kissin' Dynamite - 'Money, sex and power' ; I guess there's actually a few pretty good songs after the 2nd and 3rd slabs of shit, but I was hoping this'd be a lot better than it is. Anybody else thinks this actually sounds a lot like The Poodles?? Okay, so maybe I was a little harsh in the other thread. The first song is killer, a couple of pieces of shit afterwards and the last 2 are bad too. But the whole middle section is pretty good. Not one of the year's best, but okay in small parts, I guess.

Loudness - DISILLUSION (English Version)

Anthrax - WORSHIP MUSIC

JetBoy - DAMNED NATION

Alice in Chains - FACELIFT

'Miss the misery' is solid - on par with a song like 'Daughters of darkness' later on. The other 2 are close to awful and 'Love bites' is okay, but shamefully average hard rock. Especially for an opener.

They're just not great songs, but I do love 'Beautiful with you' and 'Break in' has a killer chorus hook. After that, aside from 'American boys,' most the songs are pretty good, but 3 of the weakest songs on the whole CD are in those first 4. :(

Love bites is a great opening track IMO, packed full of energy, amazing vocals and it kicks arse, cant really see what more youd want....not every song has to have a silly catchy chorus to mean its good.

Sixx:A.M. - The Heroine Diaries Soundtrack

Kissin' Dynamite - 'Money, sex and power' ; I guess there's actually a few pretty good songs after the 2nd and 3rd slabs of shit, but I was hoping this'd be a lot better than it is. Anybody else thinks this actually sounds a lot like The Poodles?? Okay, so maybe I was a little harsh in the other thread. The first song is killer, a couple of pieces of shit afterwards and the last 2 are bad too. But the whole middle section is pretty good. Not one of the year's best, but okay in small parts, I guess.

Yes, I really wanted to like this. But just a couple of ok songs for me.

Yes, I really wanted to like this. But just a couple of ok songs for me.

Listening to this right now, and this is who then sound like to me. The hard rock side of HELLOWEEN rather than the Melodic metal side.

Zappacosta - S/T

Jimmy Davis & Junction - Kick The Wall

Molly Hatchet - Justice

Treasure - s/t

Sweet....what do u think of that Bernd? It's well wimpy in parts but there's just something about it!

Love bites is a great opening track IMO, packed full of energy, amazing vocals and it kicks arse, cant really see what more youd want....not every song has to have a silly catchy chorus to mean its good.

It does for me. ;)

Spinning:

BBABH - 'Feel the power'

Young Guns - 'Bones'

Last few days or so

Zon - Astral Projector

Sweet Pain -s/t (vinyl)

Witch - The Hex is On (Vinyl)

China Sky - s/t

Tesla - Bust a Nut

Jeff Paris - Wired Up

Spys - s/t & Behind Enemy Lines