What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

The Magnificent - S/T

Wow this is pretty good

It certainly is just that!

I dismissed it after hearing the samples but finally bought after everyone talking about around here and I am pleasantly surprised. Nice artwork too!

Beggars & Thieves - We Are The Broken Hearted

[those wanting bubblegum choruses and cliched lyrics should well avoid this. Those wanting something a little different with very cool lyrics and guitars should dive right in. A grower for sure but even after 2 spins this is hitting the spot. Loving this and Alfonzetti at the moment]

Bobnoxious - Ho Ho Ho

Helloween - Chameleon (Expanded Edition)

Jethro Tull - Catfish Rising

The Slam - Hit It

Haken - Visions

The Tangent - Comm

White Wizzard - Flying Tigers

Wolfpakk - S/T

Theocracy - As the world Bleeds

Joseph Magazine - Night of the Red Sky

Edge Of Sanity - Infernal

Any good? One of the few Edge of Sanity albums I haven't heard. The reviews I've read are pretty disparaging.

Any good? One of the few Edge of Sanity albums I haven't heard. The reviews I've read are pretty disparaging.

So-so. Half of the album which was written by Swanö is quite good but the rest is just average, Scandinavian death metal. Plus it sounds like a demo.

So-so. Half of the album which was written by Swanö is quite good but the rest is just average, Scandinavian death metal. Plus it sounds like a demo.

Cheers, think I'll pass on that one then. One of the reviews I read did make me inquisitive about Pan-Thy-Monium though. Have you heard them?

Back on topic:

Sylosis - Edge Of The Earth

Beggars & Thieves - We Are The Broken Hearted

[those wanting bubblegum choruses and cliched lyrics should well avoid this. Those wanting something a little different with very cool lyrics and guitars should dive right in. A grower for sure but even after 2 spins this is hitting the spot. Loving this and Alfonzetti at the moment]

Just a great album. Yes it's not as great as the debut but in some ways more mature and classy. Just a great played, sung and produced melodic rock album. Merlino could sing the phone book and I'd listen.

FARCRY - Optimism (80%)

99.9%!!!

that's big call friend :christmas:

i love Pete works but there are at least 3 okay tunes here that could have been better and a small rip-off of Poison's 'Nothin' But A Good Time' on 'Satisfaction' chorus, so that's the best I can give, great work anyway.

Do you like this better than the debut?

FARCRY - Optimism (80%)

99.9%!!!

that's big call friend :christmas:

i love Pete works but there are at least 3 okay tunes here that could have been better and a small rip-off of Poison's 'Nothin' But A Good Time' on 'Satisfaction' chorus, so that's the best I can give, great work anyway.

Do you like this better than the debut?

The debut is better for me but just barely. There really isn't any bad tunes on Optimism but i never cared for the Nowhere Fast cover on the debut.

Cheers, think I'll pass on that one then. One of the reviews I read did make me inquisitive about Pan-Thy-Monium though. Have you heard them?

No, I haven't heard Pan-Thy-Monium so far I guess but I know it is something special. Btw I don't think anything that Swanö did could beat Edge Of Sanity esp. the last four albums (minus 'Cryptic'). Though I really like his now-main-project Nightingale.