What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Whitesnake - 1987

Toto - Through The Looking Glass

Stefan Andersson - Walk Right On

The Misson - Carved In Sand

A Change of Pace - 'It could be worse' ; not that I think it'll affect anyone, but these guys split up in March this year, fyi.

Victory - 'Don't talk science'

REO SPEEDWAGON ~ "Good Trouble"

REO SPEEDWAGON ~ "Life As We Know It"

Jeff Scott Soto - Lost In The Translation (2004)

hmm a hit-and-miss release i guess, 4-5 great tracks, the rest are average, might grow but definitely Soto is only a great singer and should have let the other take care of the songwriting department

Myland - 'Light of a new day'

Serpentine - 'Living and dying in High Def'

Coldrain - 'The enemy inside'

Dynazty - 'Knock you down'

hmm a hit-and-miss release i guess, 4-5 great tracks, the rest are average, might grow but definitely Soto is only a great singer and should have let the other take care of the songwriting department

I thought that was a great one. 4-5 killer tracks is a pretty good return, and the ballads are awesome.

I thought that was a great one. 4-5 killer tracks is a pretty good return, and the ballads are awesome.

Yeah, I liked it too. Actually really surprised me at the time when he was releasing an album every 2 weeks. This one was a real nice one.

Yeah, I liked it too. Actually really surprised me at the time when he was releasing an album every 2 weeks. This one was a real nice one.

Nightrain?? Crazy Train more like.............that album is awesome. One of the best things JSS has ever done IMO.

Rick Crawford - Our Town (If you like Jesus, Matthew Ward and AOR then this is for you! :bananamac:

Been spinning a bunch of the Long Island releases since the thread popped up..

From the "Rock Classic" series:

VANCOUVER ~ "S/T"

CHAMPION (Alex Machin) - "S/T"

Nightrain?? Crazy Train more like.............that album is awesome. One of the best things JSS has ever done IMO.

sorry guys, this album ain't bad but ain't really great in the upper 90%.

I mean, with half winners and the rest are average to good, this is stuck around 75% or 80% top for me, hopefully it grows more.

Jeff is a prominent singer indeed, no doubt about it, but if only he collaborates more with other songwriter, this album might be better.

For instance, 'Believe In Me' with Neal Schon is a melodic champion or 'High Time' with Gary Schutt is also a winner, but I must admit his sole written ballad, 'If This Is The End', is probably his all-time best ballad. 'Sacred Eyes' is also good one, but many other are hit-and-miss especially with patchy verse / good chorus or vice versa.

if i'm not mistaken, this was re-released with five bonus tracks, are they good or filler material?

mine is the original 2004 Frontiers slipcase edition with +1 bonus only

Toto - Falling In Between

Flamedown - S/T

Urban Tale - S/T

Asia - S/T

hey Jez,

how do you go with that Flamedown disc ?

i really need to re-explore but the first impression didn't do much for me, shame since westcoast thing is a bit rare for 2011.