What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Lovex - Watch Out

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA

hi Jez, can you point out where do you buy Lovex ? is it a local store or online ? haven't got any luck finding that one cheap :popcorn:

np. Jeff Paris - Lucky This Time (hmm interesting, there's sort of close bond between him and Mr.Big, but don't know what, anyone has any idea?)

Got it directly from RecordShop X in Finland mate. Wasn't cheap, but well worth it.

Queensryche - Dedicated To Chaos

What do you think of the Queensryche Jez?

Some of the reviews I`ve read describe this as abysmal and by far the worst album they`ve ever done.

Abysmal maybe a little harsh, as there are a few good songs on it at the beginning and towards the end that redeem it a little, although there is a whole heap of rubbish aswell. At 16 songs (on the special edition anyway) it's way too long and drags on and on. I picked it up cheap (already) thankfully.

Within Temptation - "Heart of everything"

Tami Show - "Wanderlust"

Age of Daze: "Hollywood Ending"

All That Remains: "Overcome"

Blessed By A Broken Heart: "Pedal to the Metal"

Crooked X - s/t

Default - 'Comes and goes' ; I forgot there's some nice stuff on this one. Thanks Markus!

Lovex - Watch Out

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA

hi Jez, can you point out where do you buy Lovex ? is it a local store or online ? haven't got any luck finding that one cheap :popcorn:

np. Jeff Paris - Lucky This Time (hmm interesting, there's sort of close bond between him and Mr.Big, but don't know what, anyone has any idea?)

Got it directly from RecordShop X in Finland mate. Wasn't cheap, but well worth it.

Queensryche - Dedicated To Chaos

Foo Fighters - The Color And The Shape

Judas Priest - Painkiller

just checked out and wow it's expensive jez, probably with shipment will cost me around $25, maybe more. Guess I'll back down a bit and wait for a reasonable price :crying:

DAVID COOK - This Loud Morning

NIGHT RANGER - Somewhere in California

TRIVIUM - In Waves

IN FLAMES - Sounds of a Playground Fading

Lovex - Watch Out

Bai Bang - Livin My Dream.........................I do like this but way too many songs with the word 'rock' in it for my liking!!

Lovex - Watch Out

Bai Bang - Livin My Dream.........................I do like this but way too many songs with the word 'rock' in it for my liking!!

Haha. Yeah, it's certainly no lyrical opus, that's for sure. It's also contrived and spectacularly unoriginal... but with all this in mind it's probably sitting at the top of my list for 2011 at the moment because everything is just done so well. Killer disc.

Spinning:

Within Temptation - 'The unforgiving' ; love this disc

Yellowcard - 'When you're through thinking say yes' ; yep, sadly this won't be anything more than decent

Kutless - 'To know that you're alive' ; nice surprise

Pop Evil - 'Lipstick on the mirror' ; still bland, hard copy doesn't help

Saliva - 'Circa Diablo' ; nowhere near as melodic as the new one, but not too bad

Seether - 'Finding beauty in negative spaces' ; dreary

Spinning:

Seether - 'Finding beauty in negative spaces' ; dreary

Horrible.

Np: DAVID COOK - This Loud Morning

Roadstar - Glass Mountain

:guitbannana: :guitbannana:

Lovex - Watch Out

Haha. Yeah, it's certainly no lyrical opus, that's for sure. It's also contrived and spectacularly unoriginal... but with all this in mind it's probably sitting at the top of my list for 2011 at the moment because everything is just done so well. Killer disc.

:yikes:

Wow mate that is some comment.

Lovex is better than it for a start!! lol.

I would say that the first half of the album is excellent (esp 'Come On' which reminds me of Wig Wam at their best!), but the second half is let down by Rock It & Put On Her Dress.

Also is it me or are the vocals just a bit dodgy in places??

Its probably in my top ten but wont be by year end......no way jose.

Breathless - S/T '79. Jonah Koslen ex. Michael Stanley Band so it's great AOR!

Lovex - Watch Out

:yikes:

Wow mate that is some comment.

Lovex is better than it for a start!! lol.

I would say that the first half of the album is excellent (esp 'Come On' which reminds me of Wig Wam at their best!), but the second half is let down by Rock It & Put On Her Dress.

Also is it me or are the vocals just a bit dodgy in places??

Its probably in my top ten but wont be by year end......no way jose.

Nah, I prefer Bai Bang to Lovex. Lovex is very good... even excellent in places. But it still has that typical Finnish sound which irks me.

There are one or two songs that don't thrill me on the Bai Bang CD, but 'Put on her dress' sure ain't one of them. Crabby lyrics, but a great tune. And yeah, the vocals have always been dodgy at best when it comes to Bai Bang, but hey, I've come to expect that through the years. :)

Spinning:

Sledgehammer Ledge - s/t ; aka, We Are WASP. I'm liking this one.

Sick Trigger - The Stand ; not bad.

Saker - s/t ; nice start

Schoolboy Humor - s/t ; nice, very Mayday Parade-ish

Lovex - Watch Out

Bai Bang - Livin My Dream

Admittedly the highs on Bai Bang are better, but Lovex is the more consistent album. Excellent stuff.