What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Nickleback - 'Here and now' ; exactly, 100% what you'd expect from these guys. Sounds like a continuation of 'Dark Horse' which I guess is a pretty good thing. Solid, reliable band. Can't help thinking, though, I was after something a little more adventurous.

Nickleback - 'Here and now' ; exactly, 100% what you'd expect from these guys. Sounds like a continuation of 'Dark Horse' which I guess is a pretty good thing. Solid, reliable band. Can't help thinking, though, I was after something a little more adventurous.

Adventurous....from Nickelback...hahaha.....no reallly they're a relevant band....

....hahahaha gotcha. Music from River Island Fashion outlet that's them!

HEADSHOT - Synchronicity (75%)

dropped fast since the first listening. The first half becomes a generic thrash, but still good, though it felt too flat, samey, and less-risky. Pick up a bit on second half, but still don't understand what the hell are they doin' with the 10-minutes title track, passable all the time. A nice gift from a label though!

HOUSTON - Relaunch

wtf?

Errr ..... what are you trying to tell us, Tim ??

NP:

Falling Mirror - Zen Boulders/The Storming of the Loft

Vinci - s/t

HOUSTON - Relaunch

wtf?

Errr ..... what are you trying to tell us, Tim ??

Well, depends upon whether it's okay for me to offend people (not that I haven't done it before!)? Needless to say I don't like it much, although on the plus side I did get it free!

well it depends on how you appreciate their debut. It's basically the same style so if you despise the debut, no reason to like this one either, but thought you're a fan of the softer side of 80s AOR judging that you also like westcoast stuffs Tim ? Let me know what's the problem with this one.

np. GRAND ILLUSION - Prince of Paupers (80%)

slightly lower than my initial thought, some risky structure on several songs, but good things could be a grower that will stick for quite a long time.

Bang Tango - 'Pistol whipped in the bible belt' ; this doesn't really sound like I expected, or what I picture Bang Tango to sound like. But, like I did expect, I found this painfully average, though it did scrape in a score just over 50%.

The Magnificent - s/t

[this album is blowing my mind. About 5-10 spins in now and every song is bloody marvellous IMO. This is EXACTLY how melodic rock should sound for me. Mix Treat, Place Vendome and Brother Firetribe. Add killer hooks and solos and there you go. Magic. & it keeps getting better. Will WoA and TH be able to hold it off.....only time will tell....its gonna be close]

Chris Antblad - 'Century' ; very mellow, with a host of influences like modern day Stage Dolls, Night Ranger, Bryan Adams and even stuff like Savage Garden. It's not giving me an erection, but it's a nice peaceful collection of good songs.

Daughtry - 'Break the spell' ; very impressive

I agree with G on this one and the Nickelback. About what you'd expect from the bands.

Spinnin' Fastway~ Eat Dog Eat

np - me likey. Lots :-)

Daughtry - 'Break the spell' ; very impressive

I agree with G on this one and the Nickelback. About what you'd expect from the bands.

Spinnin' Fastway~ Eat Dog Eat

np - me likey. Lots :-)

Which one; the Fastway? HAHA!

Chris Antblad - 'Century' ; very mellow, with a host of influences like modern day Stage Dolls, Night Ranger, Bryan Adams and even stuff like Savage Garden. It's not giving me an erection, but it's a nice peaceful collection of good songs.

Very very good disc in my book, very well written, produced and presented in general - Defo some Savage Garden in there on some tracks (which is no bad thing in my book). I don't think it will make too many top 20 end of year lists, but it is hovering around mine for sure.

Mitch Malloy - II

Mitch Malloy - S/T

Houston - Relaunch

Accept - Objection Overruled

Marillion - Script For A Jesters Tear

Survivor - Vital Signs

Steely Dan - Can`t Buy A Thrill