What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

A Thorn for Every Heart - 'Silence is golden' (A lot of screaming in this one, but some pretty cool choruses... sort of like a heavier Yellowcard. It's pretty cool, though probably won't be one of my fave modern ones. :))

Just finished listening to 'Omega' by Alyson Avenue. I don't think it's quite as good as the debut, but I'm really fond of this band. Great stuff.

Beau Geste - 'Another night in the city' ; this one sounds okay. I'm going to sleep now though, so it hasn't held my attention. :)

Cheap Trick - Sex, America, Cheap Trick

Ultra cool 4 Disc box set - Most things are on it, Plus loads of excellent unreleased tracks aswell.

hahahaha Wotty, she don't like Line of Fire??

a Dream Theater afternoon for me

Images and Words

Awake

Scenes from a Memory

Six Degrees

and Liquid Tension---man, if u r a musician, u may quit after hearing this one!!!! ha

Blue Tears - 'Dancin' on the backstreets' (Hmmm, I love the first song, but there are a huge number of duds on this CD. Track 8 is the next good one and 10 was cool and I think I'm up to 12 or 13, which sounds better than the start, but there's no doubting that these tracks were the leftovers. I love anything from Blue Tears but based on the quality of the debut I thought they were invincible... I guess even a band as brilliant can write bad songs too though. :) Can't wait for the new one.)

Silverstein~Discovering The Waterfront

Very interested to hear what you think of this one after a few listens.

As for me, I finished up with Blue Tears and in the end only really liked the first and the last track.

Now listening to Spearhead and then Martin Stienmark, which is pretty soft balladry but okay I guess..

As for me, I finished up with Blue Tears and in the end only really liked the first and the last track.

Now listening to Spearhead and then Martin Stienmark, which is pretty soft balladry but okay I guess..

Stenmarck is one of my faves, loved his 'One' album.

Playing:

WEST OF SUNSET - S/T

Playing:

WEST OF SUNSET - S/T

The one I have is 'Think of me'. It's very soft, almost boy band-ish. Not really into it overall, I must say. Is 'One' a little rockier?

Playing:

WEST OF SUNSET - S/T

The one I have is 'Think of me'. It's very soft, almost boy band-ish. Not really into it overall, I must say. Is 'One' a little rockier?

Yeah, "One" (his first album, obviously) is modern pop/rock & all more up-tempo than his latest. To give you an idea of the style the track "Thief" on the OVER THE EDGE album, & "Losing Game" on the FROM THE INSIDE albums are both taken from it. Well worth getting IMO, & much better than his "Think of Me" album...

Now Playing:-

KHYMERA - A New Promise

Playing:

WEST OF SUNSET - S/T

Yeah, "One" (his first album, obviously) is modern pop/rock & all more up-tempo than his latest. To give you an idea of the style the track "Thief" on the OVER THE EDGE album, & "Losing Game" on the FROM THE INSIDE albums are both taken from it. Well worth getting IMO, & much better than his "Think of Me" album...

Now Playing:-

KHYMERA - A New Promise

Sounds cool, I like those 2 songs. Will have to tryh to track that one down.

Now playing;

Day at the Fair - 'The rocking chair years' (another very strong modern disc. These guys are going to be another one of my faves, I suspect.)

Dalton - 'Injection' (man, love this disc still)

Armor For Sleep - 'What to do when you are dead' (jeez, a lot of these bands have such morbid subject matters, but what a f*cking band. I have their other CD hungrily awaiting to be heard, and this one sounds just as great. Another one I predict will be a fave of mine.)

On the way home today:

Senses Fail - 'Let it enfold you' (Another very strong modern one. I enjoyed it a lot.)